X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

The AFC East Is A Giant ? Mark In 2013

When is the last time you can remember the AFC East being a big giant question mark during the off season?

It's been a very long time.

The Patriots have a serious Tight End problem. Tim Tebow is not an NFL TE...at 6'2 235 lbs, he's too small.

Danny Amendola is Tom Brady's new boyfriend.

Last Tuesday...you could hear Brady yelling on the field, a hundred yards away from where the media was, and he was saying, "I love it! I love it, Danny! That's the way to do it, Danny!"

Will the new romance cure Tom's loss of Wes Welker?

Will Danny boy be Tom's new fountain of youth? At 36 years of age, maybe Tom wants to finally settle down?

On to the Dolphins...

Lots of off season fish maneuvering. Left tackle is a huge question mark, and they resigned their backup QB for 2 years, $8 million. They may as well have just slapped Ryan Tannehill in the face and said, "It's your job to lose pal, don't get hurt buddy!"

The Fins continue to look for Dan Marino's replacement on the QB carousel in Miami.

Meanwhile...

The Jets are in salary cap jail for the next 5 years or more if they don't unload practically half of their roster. Sanchez is done in New York after making an ass out of himself in more than one way. They drafted a quarterback with thin skin in Gino Smith, and their DC left the team to join...

The Buffalo Bills. In an odd kind of way, the Bills have the most stability in the division.

Compared to the the Pats, Fins, and Jets...the Bills seem ready to pounce on their AFC East rivals.

I understand how The Brady Bill in New England has been the foundation of stability for over the past decade, but now they have Tim Tebow's media circus compounded with murder charges against Hernandez, who according to Wikipedia..."is an American football tight end who is currently a free agent. He most recently played for the New England Patriots."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Hernandez

"Who is currently a free agent."

(not a joke, they actually said that...)

Imagine how many players on the team are being asked questions by investigators right now?

Want to bet that law enforcement officials are trying to find out who knew what by talking to his teammates?

How many players will be involved in the investigation? A lot of people in the franchise are going to be interviewed and asked serious questions.

None of this will be televised or reported on because the NFL can hire the best PR agency in the world so none of us ever hear or see anything about what's actually going on inside of the New England Patriot's fortress. Belichick won't say a word even though he could very well be in a room right now, answering questions he by his own nature does not like to answer to.

Dare I ask this...did any of his teammates know about what AH did and didn't say anything?

If I was a detective working for law enforcement, some of the first people I would want to talk to are his teammates and his coaches.

It's been a very interesting off season. One like no other...35 arrests of NFL players.

The Buffalo Bills have the cleanest slate of all.

Opportunity is knocking hard on One Bills Drive.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: The AFC East Is A Giant ? Mark In 2013

The Patriots have overcome WR/TE problems before. Granted, this time the scale of the problem is much larger and comes with added distractions, but so far nothing has been able to derail them. They are still the favorites until proven otherwise.

If they do finally fall apart, I think the Fish win the div by default. They are not great but they are on their way up. The Bills are relying on a bunch of rookies (maybe even at QB) and have new systems on both sides of the ball. Plus they still lack talent in a lot of areas. The Jets are just an epic cluster****.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Meathead
      Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
      • Jul 2002

its wrong to wish that it was brady talking to the wrong people at aarons little party so im not gonna do it
      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• elltrain22
        • Sep 2003

The Pats will still dominate the division. They have more question marks this season than in a long time, but they have a hall of fame coach and qb, and in this league, that pretty much guarantees ya 11-12 wins.

The Dolphins, on paper, have gotten alot better, but they too have alot of questions. Having said that, as much as I hate the Phins, I wouldn't be surprised if they won 10+ games this season, but I also would love to see them lose 10+, but don't think thats gonna happen.

The Jets seem like they might be an easy 12 loss team. Controversy all over the place. Big mouth coach, who's is probably a 1-3 start away from getting canned; and not even by the owner, but b/c the fans & media are gonna go crazy if that happens. There QB situation is probably even dicier. Drafting Geno Smith is a PR nightmare for this team, and Mark Sanchez has been totally setup for failure. The whole offense seems like a trainreck already, and with all they have lost on defense, it's not much to be optimistic about, even if your Fireman Ed.

Then there are our Bills. We have the most question marks of any team in the division, IMO. I'm probably gonna said like a very simplistic fan when I say, but in this league, all you have to do is get a good coach or a good qb. If you can get one of those, your probably in the playoffs, but if you can get both, your a superbowl contender. The thing about this team, is we have a new coach, and 2 new qb's. Now, TBH, both (coach & qb) could easily be busts in both categories, but what if they aren't??? What if Marrone can coach, and actually has a good staff behind him?? What if Kolb plays well behind a better O-line?? (Phily & Arizona btw, are probably 31, and 32 in O-line rankings) What if EJ Manuel does get reps this year, and what if he can move the chains?? A couple of things we know. CJ is awesome, our defense has got to be better, and our WR'ing core will be very exciting to watch. IMO, we may be a 3 win team if every question mark is no, but if a few answers are yes, we might be a 9 win team this year.

Hammer away!!
        If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

Danny Amendola's a good receiver, and Brady will complete a bunch of passes to him if he stays healthy. Of course, staying healthy has been the big if for Amendola. Buffalo plays New England in the season opener, so it's not likely Amendola will be injured at that point. Looking at the Patriots, Brady clearly in not going to have as many proven weapons as he's had in the past, but Brady/Belichick and company have been pretty adaptable inn the past, and there's no reason to think the Patriot offense won't be productive this season. The best hope Buffalo has is that Mike Pettine is going to be able to get the Bills defense cranked up in a hurry and apply the pressure that we know can rattle Brady. Meanwhile, we need to hope that Nate Hackett's offense is different enough to keep the Patriots guessing since the Patriots won't have any regular season film footage of the Bills running it. Belichick will have to rely on preseason footage and guess at what the Bills might do based on what people will have been saying about Buffalo's offensive plans.
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
            Sab and TD are insignificant
            • Sep 2002

I hope we take our division for the next 5 years.
            www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by elltrain22 View Post
              The Pats will still dominate the division. They have more question marks this season than in a long time, but they have a hall of fame coach and qb, and in this league, that pretty much guarantees ya 11-12 wins.

The Dolphins, on paper, have gotten alot better, but they too have alot of questions. Having said that, as much as I hate the Phins, I wouldn't be surprised if they won 10+ games this season, but I also would love to see them lose 10+, but don't think thats gonna happen.

The Jets seem like they might be an easy 12 loss team. Controversy all over the place. Big mouth coach, who's is probably a 1-3 start away from getting canned; and not even by the owner, but b/c the fans & media are gonna go crazy if that happens. There QB situation is probably even dicier. Drafting Geno Smith is a PR nightmare for this team, and Mark Sanchez has been totally setup for failure. The whole offense seems like a trainreck already, and with all they have lost on defense, it's not much to be optimistic about, even if your Fireman Ed.

Then there are our Bills. We have the most question marks of any team in the division, IMO. I'm probably gonna said like a very simplistic fan when I say, but in this league, all you have to do is get a good coach or a good qb. If you can get one of those, your probably in the playoffs, but if you can get both, your a superbowl contender. The thing about this team, is we have a new coach, and 2 new qb's. Now, TBH, both (coach & qb) could easily be busts in both categories, but what if they aren't??? What if Marrone can coach, and actually has a good staff behind him?? What if Kolb plays well behind a better O-line?? (Phily & Arizona btw, are probably 31, and 32 in O-line rankings) What if EJ Manuel does get reps this year, and what if he can move the chains?? A couple of things we know. CJ is awesome, our defense has got to be better, and our WR'ing core will be very exciting to watch. IMO, we may be a 3 win team if every question mark is no, but if a few answers are yes, we might be a 9 win team this year.

Hammer away!!
              I know you are right that Belicheck & Brady will go in to the HOF, but it just does not seem right that those two could CHEAT their way in to the HOF especially since they have done NOTHING since the Cheating was stopped & they had the ADVANTAGE ALL THOSE YEARS of playing in a TERRIBLE Division which just about insured a playoff game at home for them, after sitting home the wildcard weekend while other teams knocked each other out of the playoffs.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Pats may have to revert back to their 2007 season offense although they don't have Moss but they do have Jones to take his place. .

Talent wise, they definitely got weaker. I don't care what schemes they run but without Gronk or Hernandez , they're are not going to have that much advantage in creating mismatches. They are going to have to run the ball and be successful at it. Brady is Brady but Amendola is not Welker.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mayotm
                  • Jul 2003

Originally posted by better days View Post
                  I know you are right that Belicheck & Brady will go in to the HOF, but it just does not seem right that those two could CHEAT their way in to the HOF especially since they have done NOTHING since the Cheating was stopped & they had the ADVANTAGE ALL THOSE YEARS of playing in a TERRIBLE Division which just about insured a playoff game at home for them, after sitting home the wildcard weekend while other teams knocked each other out of the playoffs.
                  They've been to two Super Bowls since they were caught cheating. Brady has continued to put up MVP type numbers. That's "doing nothing" in your book, yet you'll contiune hype the likes of Marcus Easley every year. Interesting. I hate the Pats as much as any Bills fan, but they are still clearly the class of the division.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

you don't need to win a sb to get to the HOF. Ask Marv and Kelly. But BBs and Brady's superbowls will have *
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by mayotm View Post
                      They've been to two Super Bowls since they were caught cheating. Brady has continued to put up MVP type numbers. That's "doing nothing" in your book, yet you'll contiune hype the likes of Marcus Easley every year. Interesting. I hate the Pats as much as any Bills fan, but they are still clearly the class of the division.
                      Yes the Pats* are the class of a SUCK AZZ division. I already said that. Do you think they would have gone to two more Super Bowls if they played in the AFC North or NFC East for example? I DOUBT they would have myself.

And we will see what kind of numbers Brady puts up this year with FEW weapons. If he puts up MVP numbers this year, I will have to give him more credit.

Comment

• Historian
                        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                        They are still the favorites until proven otherwise.
                        Conversely, we're still a joke until we prove otherwise.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Yes the Pats* are the class of a SUCK AZZ division. I already said that. Do you think they would have gone to two more Super Bowls if they played in the AFC North or NFC East for example? I DOUBT they would have myself.

And we will see what kind of numbers Brady puts up this year with FEW weapons. If he puts up MVP numbers this year, I will have to give him more credit.
                          Well the Bills play in the same suck ass div and have horrendous div records, yet you continue to tout Bills players who have accomplished nothing while ****ting on Patriots players who had much better stats and a lot more wins.

Don't ge me wrong- I despise the Patriots. Bu it hurts your credibility when you try to say the Bills have talent while simultaneously dumping on Patriots players who have accomplished a lot more than anyone on the Bills' roster.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Meathead
                            Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                            • Jul 2002

that team has never been more devoid of stars than it is right now

wont matter. as long as youve got arguably the best qb ever still in his prime, you could stock the team from the local retirement home and still win eleven games
                            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                              that team has never been more devoid of stars than it is right now

wont matter. as long as youve got arguably the best qb ever still in his prime, you could stock the team from the local retirement home and still win eleven games
                              Well, I think this is where people are wrong that think that way. YES having Brady is a HUGE advantage, but he can't do it alone. And even in the past when it has been said he had no stars, those players were BETTER than the likes of Donald Jones.

Comment

Working...
                              X