PDA

View Full Version : Schneider traded to NJ!

mightysimi
06-30-2013, 08:56 PM
Wow, I think the Canucks got fleeced on that one. He is a top 10 goalie. Well maybe top 15 with the potential for top 5. Now Luongo after all the drama is back in the net in Vancouver? Brutal. Take note Sabres, trade Miller while he has value or you will get nothing.

Ginger Vitis
06-30-2013, 09:08 PM
Wow, I think the Canucks got fleeced on that one.

I agree I don't think it was a good trade for Vancouver. When it was announced Vancouver had traded Schneider to the Devils for the 9th overall pick I was convinced it was to take Valeri Nishushkin and I was surprised they took Bo Horvat. I don't think Horvat will be more than a 3rd line centre in the NHL

Mouldsie
06-30-2013, 09:33 PM
Great job by NJ.

So now I have praised NJ and TO so far this offseason...

mightysimi
06-30-2013, 10:05 PM
That is a great pick up considering what Edmonton was reported to be offering. 1, 2 and prospect. I guess they didn't want him in the division and all the hype it would spawn, 6 times a year.

mightysimi
06-30-2013, 10:07 PM
I agree I don't think it was a good trade for Vancouver. When it was announced Vancouver had traded Schneider to the Devils for the 9th overall pick I was convinced it was to take Valeri Nishushkin and I was surprised they took Bo Horvat. I don't think Horvat will be more than a 3rd line centre in the NHL

Exactly what they needed. But has offensive upside. They needed a bulldog, 3rd liner anyways. And I would generally stay away from Russians if I can help it.