• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Need (2) tickets to the opener

Anyone have any extras? Put an order through online and the auction fell through on Ebay. Thought I would check before buying others
  • SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: Need (2) tickets to the opener

There is some on Stubhub right now for around 120 a tix

Comment

• T-Long
      Circling the Wagons since 1982.
      • Sep 2003

yeah I saw that...Ebay is where I got my first 2 and then the seller said they no longer had them due to some auction glitch or something.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
        • Jun 2005

Im looking for 5 for the preseason game against Minny all together if anyone has 5

Comment

• BillsFever21
          • Aug 2004

The prices on stub hub is crazy but I guess if that's what the resale value goes for then that's all part of the secondary market. The crappy part is that the Bills let all of the season ticket holders buy up all of the extra tickets to the early games before they have a chance to hit the public. After many of them buy extra tickets for family/friends or to resell at a higher price it doesn't leave much of a chance of buying any tickets to them games unless you pay a premium for them.

I've always had pretty good luck the past few years I haven't had season tickets by waiting until after the 2nd or 3rd preseason game and then being able to purchase tickets to the home opener or other early season games.

They will announce that the games are sold out but they are including thousands of tickets that they hold back for other season ticket sales throughout the preseason. Whatever tickets are not sold after I think the 3rd preseason game goes back into the pool for individual ticket sales. If you call up first thing after they quit selling season tickets then most of the time you can score some tickets to the home opener or at least some of the other good games.

Comment

• Wittman21
            • Feb 2009

I always wait until the day before the opener and get tickets off craigslist...I have done it for 4 straight openers and always pay ~$70 each...never had any problems, but its nerve racking waiting until then but I have been successful...

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by BillsFever21 View Post
              The prices on stub hub is crazy but I guess if that's what the resale value goes for then that's all part of the secondary market. The crappy part is that the Bills let all of the season ticket holders buy up all of the extra tickets to the early games before they have a chance to hit the public. After many of them buy extra tickets for family/friends or to resell at a higher price it doesn't leave much of a chance of buying any tickets to them games unless you pay a premium for them.

I've always had pretty good luck the past few years I haven't had season tickets by waiting until after the 2nd or 3rd preseason game and then being able to purchase tickets to the home opener or other early season games.

They will announce that the games are sold out but they are including thousands of tickets that they hold back for other season ticket sales throughout the preseason. Whatever tickets are not sold after I think the 3rd preseason game goes back into the pool for individual ticket sales. If you call up first thing after they quit selling season tickets then most of the time you can score some tickets to the home opener or at least some of the other good games.
              Well, I don't blame the Bills for doing that, in fact, I think it is a great idea by Russ & the Bills to give season ticket holders perks like that.

Comment

• streetkings01
                • Jul 2006

Just buy season tickets. You can resell the tickets for games you dont plan on going to and recoup all your money back. I did it for 4 straight years.........would buy season tickets and go to 2 games......sell the rest and make all your money back + more. I live 6 hours away in Westchester, NY..........so you dont have to live nearby to be a season ticket holder.
                Last edited by streetkings01; 07-02-2013, 10:06 AM.
                You can call me streetkings

Comment

• BillsFever21
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by streetkings01 View Post
                  Just buy season tickets. You can resell the tickets for games you dont plan on going to and recoup all your money back. I did it for 4 straight years.........would buy season tickets and go to 2 games......sell the rest and make all your money back + more. I live 6 hours away in Westchester, NY..........so you dont have to live nearby to be a season ticket holder.
                  It depends on the games you are selling. If you are trying to sell the games for the last several games of the year then you're not going to get face value for them. You would be lucky to even get face value for them when there are thousands of tickets unsold for them games. If you sell the early season games then that would work.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

It depends on the games you are selling. If you are trying to sell the games for the last several games of the year then you're not going to get face value for them. You would be lucky to even get face value for them when there are thousands of tickets unsold for them games. If you sell the early season games then that would work.
                    Well, if you sell the tickets before the season starts, you may sell some late games as well. When my folks were alive, I used to come to Buffalo for Thanksgiving & Christmas. If there was a home game during my visit, I always went. I am sure there are still people today that would do the same.

And as the team improves, tickets will be harder to come by.

Comment

• Novacane
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by T-Long View Post
                      yeah I saw that...Ebay is where I got my first 2 and then the seller said they no longer had them due to some auction glitch or something.

Translation: The auction didn't go as high as they wanted!

Comment

• BillsFever21
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by better days View Post
                        Well, if you sell the tickets before the season starts, you may sell some late games as well. When my folks were alive, I used to come to Buffalo for Thanksgiving & Christmas. If there was a home game during my visit, I always went. I am sure there are still people today that would do the same.

And as the team improves, tickets will be harder to come by.
                        If you were lucky you could get face value for them but definitely not for a profit if they can order them from the ticket office at face value. Everyone knows they can get tickets to the November/December games anytime they want and most people will wait and see how we're doing before they fork over money for them.

I had season tickets for around a decade straight up until a few years ago and never missed a game. They were so bad towards the end of the season I was lucky if I could give the other ticket away. I would buy a pair of tickets and sell the other one to friends/family to take up to the game with. The early games everyone wanted but once they were 3-7(or worse some years) it was hard to give the ticket away to somebody the last few games of the year.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                          • Jun 2005

Not really entirely true. Ive already sold every game except the 2 Im going to (Pats and Cinci) Yes the last week of season is a tough one if at home but also sold that last year.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by SquishDaFish View Post
                            Not really entirely true. Ive already sold every game except the 2 Im going to (Pats and Cinci) Yes the last week of season is a tough one if at home but also sold that last year.
                            This year is slightly easier since we have a new coach and QB to give some more people optimism and enthusiasm to see the new staff and QB in person. We also play some good teams at home that people would want to see. It also helps that we only have two games in Buffalo after the November 3rd game against the Chiefs and they are both against divisional rivals. In years when we had a few December games it's not as easy since everyone knows they can buy the tickets the week of the game. It was even harder if they were against teams that nobody really wanted to see.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

If you were lucky you could get face value for them but definitely not for a profit if they can order them from the ticket office at face value. Everyone knows they can get tickets to the November/December games anytime they want and most people will wait and see how we're doing before they fork over money for them.

I had season tickets for around a decade straight up until a few years ago and never missed a game. They were so bad towards the end of the season I was lucky if I could give the other ticket away. I would buy a pair of tickets and sell the other one to friends/family to take up to the game with. The early games everyone wanted but once they were 3-7(or worse some years) it was hard to give the ticket away to somebody the last few games of the year.
                              Yeah, like I said as the team improves, tickets will be in demand. Tickets for the Bills in the last decade, not so much.

And I would prefer to buy tickets from a season ticket holder & get a GOOD seat rather than a crappy left over seat myself. And again the more this team shows improvement, the more in demand tickets will be.

Comment

Working...
                              X