PDA

View Full Version : Bills Mount Rushmore

The King
07-03-2013, 11:32 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/19/bills-mt-rushmore-sparks-smith-vs-reed-debate/?cid=yahoo

Some debate here, but Kelly and Thurman are the constants.

Levy, OJ, Reed and Smith are the debatables.

<iframe src="http://player.theplatform.com/p/BxmELC/nbcsportsembed/embed/select/o5E1g5jkh37G" width="630" height="354" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="">Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

Who is on your Bills Rushmore?

sukie
07-03-2013, 11:35 AM
You are only debating OJ for post career crap. He is there if the monument was completed in 1992.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd whack Reed or Thurm for Bruce

OpIv37
07-03-2013, 11:50 AM
How is this even a debate?

I like Reed and he was a great player, but Bruce was the second best player EVER at his position. The dude was absolutely dominant. There's no way you can leave him off.

The King
07-03-2013, 11:52 AM
Fans had Bruce with 88% of the vote. Behind only Kelly.

chernobylwraiths
07-03-2013, 11:56 AM
I would say it should be Bruce, Kelly, Thomas and Kemp. And if I had to have Simpson, then I would remove Kelly probably.

OpIv37
07-03-2013, 11:58 AM
Simpson absolutely deserves it based on how he played. The Bills haven't had 4 players better than him. It's just that whole, you know, double murder thing that's keeping him off.

Historian
07-03-2013, 12:08 PM
Where's Bob Tatarek?

Or Jim Cheyunski?

Speedy Neal and Perry Tuttle???

I cry foul!

DraftBoy
07-03-2013, 12:19 PM
I have it Kelly, Thomas, Smith, Reed.

Joe Fo Sho
07-03-2013, 12:34 PM
I voted for Ralph Wilson, OJ Simpson, Eric Moulds, and Eric Moulds.

bleve
07-03-2013, 12:50 PM
Bruce

Kelly

Smerlas

Shaw

and I'm stickin' with it.

OpIv37
07-03-2013, 12:52 PM
I voted for Ralph Wilson, OJ Simpson, Eric Moulds, and Eric Moulds.

So, you picked Eric Moulds and the guy whose piss-poor management skills kept Moulds from being one of the all-time greats?

The Jokeman
07-03-2013, 01:00 PM
Simpson absolutely deserves it based on how he played. The Bills haven't had 4 players better than him. It's just that whole, you know, double murder thing that's keeping him off.

I agree to me the two best players in Bills' franchise history were Bruce and OJ. After that it's quite debatable. As guys like Kelly, Thurman, Cookie, Joe D and Billy Shaw rank in the next tier. Also if bring up coaching staff even though Levy's marked success was better I think Saban did more for the franchise. Then there's the debate if Bill Polian should get a nod over the coaches since he really can be the guy who built those great 90s squads.

Typ0
07-03-2013, 01:05 PM
as critical as I am about Ralph Wilson putting him on such a thing is a no brainer.

jamze132
07-04-2013, 05:35 AM
Kelly, Smith, Levy, Wilson

Night Train
07-04-2013, 06:42 AM
Attending games since 1965, I can say without hesitation O.J. was the most talented player in Bills history. Bruce Smith a close second. Put whoever you want up on your mountain.

X-Era
07-04-2013, 08:48 AM
Can't vote for OJ Simpson... Adam Sandler says he's not a jew

kishoph
07-04-2013, 08:52 AM
as critical as I am about Ralph Wilson putting him on such a thing is a no brainer.

Without Ralph Wilson there probably would have never be any NFL Buffalo Bills team, so of course he would be my 1st choice, Kelly would be my second, not only because of his play, but because how he has remained loyal to the team and community. I think a coach should be up there, so I would choose Marv Levy, even though it could be debatable that a lot of coaches could of won with that talent, but Levy did a great job handling them. I would probably take Bruce as the last one up, because he was just awesome, although Thomas would be very close. I just can't look past OJ's post NFL career, had he not butchered his wife and her friend, he would be up there.
Some honorable mentions would be Jack Kemp, Joe D, Bob Kaslu, Kent Hull, Jim Ritcher, Darryl Talley and Van Miller

BillsFever21
07-04-2013, 06:15 PM
Trent Edwards
Aaron Maybin
Chan Gailey
Russ Brandon

ServoBillieves
07-04-2013, 07:14 PM
Trent Edwards
Aaron Maybin
Chan Gailey
Russ Brandon

Coy Wire, Derrick Dockerey, Eddie Fuller, Darick Holmes.

sudzy
07-05-2013, 06:25 AM
Trent Edwards
Aaron Maybin
Chan Gailey
Russ Brandon

That would be the Mount Rushmore that summed up this franchise best.

Typ0
07-05-2013, 07:53 AM
This is such a hard thing to wrestle with! You have four spots...how do you put up two non-players? Then again how do you leave out Ralph Wilson and Marv Levy? Maybe the answer is to leave the teams from the 90s completely unrepresented! If ever there were an example of a team that should have brought home a championship but didn't there is your example. Word has it they partied too much and just didn't make the sacrifices they needed to make....

I have rethought this.

Ralph Wilson
OJ Simpson
Jack Kemp

OK now I don't know what to do...guess it has to be Bruce Smith the guy was always a monster independent of every and any event in his environment. So basically I took Kelly off my list and added Bruce Smith. Had they won one I think Kelly would be up there instead...he was in the drivers seat and the team had an accident at the worst times! Knowing how Jim Kelly and WNY feel about each other this is really tough! Is this about 'players' or all time contributions?

justasportsfan
07-05-2013, 08:14 AM
Don't think Kelly or Bruce would be on that list if it weren't for Ralph and Levy. Ralph has to be the first one there no matter what whether you love him or hate him.

Mr. Pink
07-07-2013, 01:46 AM
If you were going with a coach on there, I'd put Saban on it before Levy.

Saban coached the team to the only titles they ever won and without Saban the Juice might have never been turned loose on NFL fields.

The King
07-08-2013, 01:16 PM
Not even close.

Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas and OJ Simpson.

TedMock
07-08-2013, 04:45 PM
Not even close.

Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas and OJ Simpson.

Agreed

Generalissimus Gibby
07-09-2013, 02:27 PM
No Lou Saban and very few members of the AFL champs, therefore I can't vote.