PDA

View Full Version : Is Boston's GM mentally sane?

SkateZilla
07-04-2013, 04:09 PM
First He Dumps Kessel... now he's Dumping Seguin?

OpIv37
07-04-2013, 04:15 PM
uhhhh..... they won a Cup and made it to the finals in large part because of the guys they got for Kessel, meanwhile Kessel hasn't lived up to the hype in Toronto. It was almost the NHL's equivalent of the Herschel Walker trade. Hell, that Kessel trade is a big reason why Brian Burke got fired in Toronto.

coastal
07-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Seguin **** the bed in the playoffs.

he got his pink slip.

thats the concept of paying for production. Buffalo sports franchises should take a hint.

SabreEleven
07-05-2013, 11:20 AM
is this really a legit question? We should be questioning Darcy Regier sanity first.

SkateZilla
07-05-2013, 12:00 PM
touche

The King
07-05-2013, 02:15 PM
Seguin had some off the ice maturity issues. That ultimately led to his departure, not to mention his 5.7m boost didnt match up with his play.

chernobylwraiths
07-05-2013, 03:27 PM
Very young talented player. Might be giving up on him a little prematurely.

The King
07-05-2013, 04:08 PM
I guess during the Stanley Cup playoffs they had to hire a security guard to stand outside his hotel room, to make sure he didn't go anywhere. That's what the Herald reported today.

During the TOR series he showed up in the clothes he was wearing the day before 3x.

ckg927
07-09-2013, 07:02 PM
Seguin had some off the ice maturity issues. That ultimately led to his departure, not to mention his 5.7m boost didnt match up with his play.

You know how many players had the same problems Seguin has now? Quite a few. Chris Pronger was the same way when he played in Hartford, then wised up when he was moved to St. Louis. We all know of Patrick Kane's issues, which he seems to have put behind him.

mightysimi
07-09-2013, 08:26 PM
uhhhh..... they won a Cup and made it to the finals in large part because of the guys they got for Kessel, meanwhile Kessel hasn't lived up to the hype in Toronto. It was almost the NHL's equivalent of the Herschel Walker trade. Hell, that Kessel trade is a big reason why Brian Burke got fired in Toronto.

It's hard to say that Kessel hasn't panned out in Toronto. Last full season he was 6th in scoring and this year was tied for 7th. Say what you want about his 2 way game but he is putting up points. And not firing Ron Wilson earlier is why Burke got fired. The trade looked bad at the time but they have already traded seguin so it says a lot so I think the Herschel walker trade was a little worse. Hell the Luongo to Vancouver trade was way worse. Mike Milbury had a hand full of terrible trades.

But totally agree that Cherelli knows exactly what he is doing.

The King
07-10-2013, 07:57 AM
You know how many players had the same problems Seguin has now? Quite a few. Chris Pronger was the same way when he played in Hartford, then wised up when he was moved to St. Louis. We all know of Patrick Kane's issues, which he seems to have put behind him.

Did you see Seguins opening answer at his press conference. This kid needs to be put on a straight and narrow path quick. He doesnt get it. They literally had to hire security to keep him in his room during the Stanley Cup playoffs.

But let's not forget the Bruins got a really good player in Ericcson and they dumped a contract that was way too costly. Ericcson is fit for our system where Seguin wasn't and obviously he didn't fit in the locker room either.

The King
07-10-2013, 08:01 AM
It's hard to say that Kessel hasn't panned out in Toronto. Last full season he was 6th in scoring and this year was tied for 7th. Say what you want about his 2 way game but he is putting up points. And not firing Ron Wilson earlier is why Burke got fired. The trade looked bad at the time but they have already traded seguin so it says a lot so I think the Herschel walker trade was a little worse. Hell the Luongo to Vancouver trade was way worse. Mike Milbury had a hand full of terrible trades.

But totally agree that Cherelli knows exactly what he is doing.

Everyone in Boston knows Kessel is a top flight talent. He's also a snot nosed brat. Bruins wanted him back, his demands were outrageous, we were also negotiating Krejci at the same time. We could only afford to keep one. When Kessel wouldnt negotiate they signed Krejci and the rest is history.

Watching him sit as the last player picked in the NHL All Star draft, should be a pretty clear indication on how people feel about him, he's matured a bit and he's still finding his game, but moving him was an amazing deal for Boston.

mightysimi
07-10-2013, 09:31 AM
Everyone in Boston knows Kessel is a top flight talent. He's also a snot nosed brat. Bruins wanted him back, his demands were outrageous, we were also negotiating Krejci at the same time. We could only afford to keep one. When Kessel wouldnt negotiate they signed Krejci and the rest is history.

Watching him sit as the last player picked in the NHL All Star draft, should be a pretty clear indication on how people feel about him, he's matured a bit and he's still finding his game, but moving him was an amazing deal for Boston.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want him on my team because of a lot of issues but was just pointing out that saying he hasn't worked out in Toronto isn't necessarily true. It was a great trade for Boston, Dougie Hamilton is going to develop in to a stud I think but after Seguin's rookie season, they were calling it one of the worst trades of all time but now after already getting rid of #2 overall pick, and Kessel scoring a ton in T.O, it doesn't look as lop sided as it did at first.

The King
07-10-2013, 10:00 AM
I think it goes back to the Bruins fleecing TOR twice. The Raycroft deal and the Kessel deal.

For Kessel, we got Seguin and Hamilton, Seguin hasn't been everything we thought, but his performance during the TB series in 2011 was definitely key in our cup run. Hamilton is a solid young talent, I'm not sure he has a future in Boston yet. Krug earned a roster spot and Dougie is still light he needs to gain weight. We also have Bartkowski who's NHL ready someone has to go. It's not going to be Chara, Seids or Boychuck. That leaves McQuaid, Hamilton, Krug and Bartowski. I think one of the 4 won't be on the roster come Sept.

But getting Ericcson out of Seguin is a big victory for Boston, much like Kessel, Seguin wasn't playing hard both ways. And that doesn't sit well with Claude. It's going to take another 3 seasons or so to evaluate this one.

The Raycroft deal was genius. The Bruins were going to cut the guy and we got Rask out of it. Rask (although not my favorite player) is about to sign a franchise deal while Raycroft was bought out after two seasons.

mightysimi
07-10-2013, 11:11 AM
I think it goes back to the Bruins fleecing TOR twice. The Raycroft deal and the Kessel deal.

For Kessel, we got Seguin and Hamilton, Seguin hasn't been everything we thought, but his performance during the TB series in 2011 was definitely key in our cup run. Hamilton is a solid young talent, I'm not sure he has a future in Boston yet. Krug earned a roster spot and Dougie is still light he needs to gain weight. We also have Bartkowski who's NHL ready someone has to go. It's not going to be Chara, Seids or Boychuck. That leaves McQuaid, Hamilton, Krug and Bartowski. I think one of the 4 won't be on the roster come Sept.

But getting Ericcson out of Seguin is a big victory for Boston, much like Kessel, Seguin wasn't playing hard both ways. And that doesn't sit well with Claude. It's going to take another 3 seasons or so to evaluate this one.

The Raycroft deal was genius. The Bruins were going to cut the guy and we got Rask out of it. Rask (although not my favorite player) is about to sign a franchise deal while Raycroft was bought out after two seasons.

Lol, my buddy is a die hard leafs fan and I remind him of the Raycroft for Rask trade routinely. And again, all those guys are real good. I'm a fan of Ericsson myself but it's not as big of a fleecing because he has been top 10 in scoring which lots of teams would take. Oh and I also like to take the low road and remind my friend that the only reason Kessel skates so fast is because he only has one ball.

The King
07-10-2013, 12:21 PM
Lol, my buddy is a die hard leafs fan and I remind him of the Raycroft for Rask trade routinely. And again, all those guys are real good. I'm a fan of Ericsson myself but it's not as big of a fleecing because he has been top 10 in scoring which lots of teams would take. Oh and I also like to take the low road and remind my friend that the only reason Kessel skates so fast is because he only has one ball.

Add this to the list. An NHL player's poll conducted by Sports Illustrated (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_Illustrated) and released in February 2012 named Kessel "the easiest (player) to intimidate" in the league

He has no balls.

mightysimi
07-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Add this to the list. An NHL player's poll conducted by Sports Illustrated (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_Illustrated) and released in February 2012 named Kessel "the easiest (player) to intimidate" in the league

He has no balls.

lol. That's a beauty, I will add that to the chirp bank.

coastal
07-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Kessel had a great series against Boston. If it weren't for the 3rd period collapse he would have been a consideration for the MVP of that series.

mightysimi
07-10-2013, 04:23 PM
Kessel had a great series against Boston. If it weren't for the 3rd period collapse he would have been a consideration for the MVP of that series.

Not arguing that. Once he got the first one he turned it on. He is just such a liablity out there that it is like playing short handed half the time.

coastal
07-10-2013, 08:21 PM
Not arguing that. Once he got the first one he turned it on. He is just such a liablity out there that it is like playing short handed half the time.
I'm hoping the Bruins series helps that team grow up defensively.

mightysimi
07-11-2013, 09:50 AM
maybe. Adding Bolland will help. Another year of experience for the young D and Bernier in goal could help out a lot in that department.

The King
07-11-2013, 10:35 AM
As long a Celine is TOR's Capt they're not going anywhere.