PDA

View Full Version : Free Agency....

SkateZilla
07-05-2013, 03:29 PM
Everyone is making moves and getting better players, especially in our division..

and Buffalo.... is doing...... nada.... wtf...

OpIv37
07-05-2013, 03:31 PM
I just don't get it.

Either lose Miller and Vanek and truly start rebuilding, or sign someone to make the team better with that $13.7 million in cap space. But simply doing the same thing all over again is going to net the same results. There's no reason for the status quo.

SkateZilla
07-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Shows that in Darcy's head.. the team is complete/good enough as is... which is completely false.

if Seguin can be shipped off for underperforming, then Vanek should be gone, Miller too, send his emotional ass out west, trade vanek, even if it's for more 1st round picks/prospects. and a mid-teir player. and buy out leino, why the EFF do we have 2 Buy outs and Darcy Refuses to use them....

chernobylwraiths
07-05-2013, 03:33 PM
“I’d like to think that people will give up some suffering in order to win the Stanley Cup,” Regier said. “I’m willing to do it. I believe our fan base is willing to do it.”

Stanley Cup, here we come!!!! Wooooooooo!

coastal
07-05-2013, 06:08 PM
Miller should have been traded two years ago when he actually had value. Darcy is still holding out hope of getting something for both of them.

problem is... the window is GONE!

lottery pick next year is a given and Darcy will be gone.

DetDannyWilliams
07-05-2013, 08:21 PM
watch this and you will see what the Sabres are trying to do http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=1373

Downinfloflo
07-05-2013, 08:28 PM
Sabres wanted to buy out leino, but he's hurt.Can't buy out an injured player.Not sure what his injury is, maybe broken confidence?

snow1989
07-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Am totally befuddled....numerous FA's available at decent prices....Riebero, albeit yes a tad quirky, but a true center and an offensive weapon...Filppula, LW/C only 29 and likely will be coming into his own...Viktor Stalberg, F,....etc, etc.

Frankly, there are only 2 conclusions I can possibly draw from what I've seen over the last 48 hours...

1: Darcy can't swing a deal because he is asking for too much and/or he is happy with the make-up of the current team.

2: Players simply do not want to come to Buffalo to play...either it's a locker room atmosphere thing, or management/coach/staff treat them poorly and the word is out.

It's going to be a long season..........

Dude
07-05-2013, 10:30 PM
Sabres do not expect to compete for the playoffs this year, thus the suffering. Stop thinking they are going to be competitive, or make any effort to be competitive..

SkateZilla
07-05-2013, 11:05 PM
Steve Ott got married ... does that count as a signing?

CoolBreeze
07-06-2013, 12:31 AM
I, in no way would trade Vanek. I can understand the cap it could create, but how can one justify trading our best player. 41 pts in 38 games. We should not be getting rid of him, we should be building around him. Why we are not, is anybodies guess. I feel it's way too early to freak out. I'm just hoping, and thinking they will trade for a scorer if free agency doesn't pick up.

rbochan
07-06-2013, 09:42 AM

The Jokeman
07-06-2013, 10:25 AM
Am totally befuddled....numerous FA's available at decent prices....Riebero, albeit yes a tad quirky, but a true center and an offensive weapon...Filppula, LW/C only 29 and likely will be coming into his own...Viktor Stalberg, F,....etc, etc.

Frankly, there are only 2 conclusions I can possibly draw from what I've seen over the last 48 hours...

1: Darcy can't swing a deal because he is asking for too much and/or he is happy with the make-up of the current team.

2: Players simply do not want to come to Buffalo to play...either it's a locker room atmosphere thing, or management/coach/staff treat them poorly and the word is out.

It's going to be a long season..........

When guys like Derek Roy and Brad Boyes make lists of best available UFAs (http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=95306) it tells you the crop is rather weak. In terms of what the Sens got for Bobby Ryan, that one hurts a little because to me he was a guy would love to have in the Blue & Gold.

OpIv37
07-06-2013, 05:27 PM
I, in no way would trade Vanek. I can understand the cap it could create, but how can one justify trading our best player. 41 pts in 38 games. We should not be getting rid of him, we should be building around him. Why we are not, is anybodies guess. I feel it's way too early to freak out. I'm just hoping, and thinking they will trade for a scorer if free agency doesn't pick up.

Vanek's contract is up after this year and it's unlikely that we will be able to re-sign him. It's the prime of his career and he'll want to go to a contender rather than wasting it on our rebuild. Might as well get something while we can.

OpIv37
07-06-2013, 05:31 PM
Sabres do not expect to compete for the playoffs this year, thus the suffering. Stop thinking they are going to be competitive, or make any effort to be competitive..
If that's the case, then why not trade Vanek and Miller for picks and prospects?

We are not rebuilding and we are not adding talent to try to be competitive. So, what exactly is the the plan? Is the goal to be in a dogfight for the 8th playoff spot every year only to fail to make it 2 out of every years and lose in the first round when we do actually sneak in?

Ill eat a last place finish this year if it means we will be TRUE contenders in two or three years but I don't get this fence-sitting bull****.

SkateZilla
07-06-2013, 07:47 PM
Pardy is gone to Winnipeg.