X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

overestimating/underestimating players

I have been accused of overestimating the quality of the players on the Bills roster. I think with decent coaching & the talent on this team, the Bills should have a record of 8-8 or better. I think many on this board are overestimating the talent of the Pats* roster & underestimating the Bills.

Lets look at the Pats* roster.................

Tom Brady: Will be 36 years old when the season starts & despite what many people think, age is catching up to him. And he is not a tough guy like Jim Kelly, he is a pussy as evidenced by the play he threw up his leg while sliding in the playoffs last year. He is not the player he was 6 years ago. He no longer hangs tough in the pocket & his arm is not as strong as it was.

The Pats* receivers: With Hernandez in prison & Gronk out until maybe week 8, I don't think the Pats* have a TE as good as Chandler on their roster when the season opens.

Donald Jones: Hands of stone, FAILED when counted on last year after Nelson was lost for the year. After he drops the ball in NE like he did in Buffalo, Brady will only throw him the ball as a last resort.

Danny Amendola: A good receiver, but made of glass. Will most likely be healthy the first game.............unless he is injured in preseason.

Aaron Dobson : Never had over 700 yds in a season while playing at Marshall.................didn't exactly face SEC defenses week after week & now he is going to face NFL defenses.

The Pats* defense:

Wilfork, Mayo & Talib, the rest of that defense is composed of JAGS.

I really believe the Bills will win the opening game in Buffalo. Can't wait.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: overestimating/underestimating players

I think we can beat the Pats too . They are not the same team when it comes to talent offensively, but their coaches are still proven compared to ours. I won't overestimate their talent, but I won't underestimate their coaching staff.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HAMMER
      I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
      • Jul 2003

Frickin hilarious, it never fails, every summer for the last ten years this thread pops up. Every year the result has been the same. I guess one of these years it will change. Throw enough crap at the wall and one day it will stick.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by HAMMER View Post
        Frickin hilarious, it never fails, every summer for the last ten years this thread pops up. Every year the result has been the same. I guess one of these years it will change. Throw enough crap at the wall and one day it will stick.
        Well, as I said, Brady is NOT the QB he was 6 years ago, let alone 10 years ago. And the Pats* do not have the talent they had 6 years ago, let alone 10 years ago. Or even last year. This is NO CRAP.
        Last edited by better days; 07-09-2013, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• HAMMER
          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by better days View Post
          Well, as I said, Brady is NOT the QB he was 6 years ago, let alone 10 years ago. And the Pats* do not have the talent they had 6 years ago, let alone 10 years ago. Or even last year. This is NO CRAP.
          Maybe you should take your head out of your azz, the last two years were career highs in passing yards for Brady, looks like he has gotten better to me.

2011-5235 yds
          2012-4827 yds
          Checkout the latest stats for Tom Brady. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, college, draft, and more on Pro-football-reference.com.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Maybe you should take your head out of your azz, the last two years were career highs in passing yards for Brady, looks like he has gotten better to me.

2011-5235 yds
            2012-4827 yds
            http://www.pro-football-reference.co...#passing::none
            Well, excuse me, I did not realize games were won by total yards. I thought it was POINTS on the board. And I suppose Welker, Gronk & Hernandez did not play any part in those yards. All three of those players will not be on the field opening day.

And yes I know the Pats* were 12-4 last year & Brady had 34 TD passes, but he was playing against some terrible defenses & 6 wins were against TERRIBLE AFC East teams.

This will be the first time in 10 years Brady faces 3 AGGRESSIVE Defenses in the AFC East. And he has NO WEAPONS to help him.
            Last edited by better days; 07-09-2013, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
              • Jul 2002

Donald Jones won't make the team, or at best will be one of the inactives. I have no idea why some people think he will get any playing time on opening day. Amendola, Jenkins, Edleman & Hawkins have already shown more than Jones in their NFL careers. Now throw in 2nd round pick Dobson & 4th round pick Boyce and Donald Jones is nothing more than a body in camp.

Ballard is as good or better than Chandler when both are healthy. Both are huge ?s.

Brady a pussy? Only in your dreams. He might not show the toughness of Kelly, but then again he's taken a lot fewer shots to the head by in your words being a pussy or in other words, playing smarter & protecting his body better than Kelly did. Brady also didn't take the beating early in his career that Kelly took in the USFL.

Now with last year's TEs gone NE is weaker & we have a puncher's chance because NE is most vulnerable in September, but we still have a long way to go. Our best chance-EJ starts & lights it up since NE will have no NFL film on him. You may be right on the win, but not for the reasons you've given.

Comment

• HAMMER
                • Jul 2003

Well, excuse me, I did not realize games were won by total yards. I thought it was POINTS on the board. And I suppose Welker, Gronk & Hernandez did not play any part in those yards. All three of those players will not be on the field opening day.

And yes I know the Pats* were 12-4 last year & Brady had 34 TD passes, but he was playing against some terrible defenses & 6 wins were against TERRIBLE AFC East teams.

This will be the first time in 10 years Brady faces 3 AGGRESSIVE Defenses in the AFC East. And he has NO WEAPONS to help him.
                Do you really think that Belichick would go into a season with no weapons? Losing Hernandez and Welker will not cause the Pats to disintegrate. I too hope they are worse and that we can beat them twice but you need to wake up and smell the coffee. We have Kevin Kolb and a rookie for QB's. We have a rookie head coach installing new systems in all phases. Do you really believe that we will be better than the NE Patriots? I didn't think so.

Comment

• jimmifli
                  • Nov 2006

The difference between teams that are 6-10 and 10-6 is pretty slim. A few bounces, strength of schedule, injuries, coaching, intangibles etc... all have a bigger impact than talent level. Teams that are worse than that are so devoid of talent, that even some help with an easy schedule or good coaching wasn't going to get them to the playoffs. Teams that are better, have so much talent they can overcome some deficits in those areas.

For the last decade the Bills' have been mostly in that middle of the pack that could have finished with a winning record, or even 10-6. But we've rarely had an easy schedule (because the Pats have been so good) and we've had terrible coaching.

This year isn't that much different, in terms of talent we're middle of the pack (towards the bottom of that group). It remains to be seen how good our coaching is, if we get lucky with injuries, if our schedule is as hard as it looks and if we get some lucky bounces. If those things happen, then yes 10-6 is possible and a wild card spot.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

LMAO

The Pats will win 10+

The Bills will lose 10+

But keep drinking the koolaid and think we've closed the gap.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Welker, Lloyd, Hernandez and Gronk were 90% of the Pats receiving (stats ) game last year. I doubt Amendola and co. can just come in cover that . Their new receiving corps is a big "?" but our coaching staff is a bigger "? ". We have a little bit of the element of surprise since BB doesn't know our coaching staff. Question is, are both Marrone and Hackett going to pleasantly surprise us, or surprisingly disappoint us?

If the saying "anything is better than Chan and Wanny" holds true, we have a chance. Otherwise, it will take time before our new coaching staff can make this a cohesive unit.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

2011-5235 yds
                        2012-4827 yds
                        http://www.pro-football-reference.co...#passing::none
                        And if you really think Brady put up the numbers he did the last two years was because he got better & not because he had Gronk, Welker & Hernandez to throw to, you are the one that needs to take their head out of their azz.

And Fitz would have had career years the last two years if he had those three to throw to.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                          short bus extraordinaire
                          • Jul 2002

I have been accused of overestimating the quality of the players on the Bills roster. I think with decent coaching & the talent on this team, the Bills should have a record of 8-8 or better. I think many on this board are overestimating the talent of the Pats* roster & underestimating the Bills.

Lets look at the Pats* roster.................

Tom Brady: Will be 36 years old when the season starts & despite what many people think, age is catching up to him. And he is not a tough guy like Jim Kelly, he is a pussy as evidenced by the play he threw up his leg while sliding in the playoffs last year. He is not the player he was 6 years ago. He no longer hangs tough in the pocket & his arm is not as strong as it was.

The Pats* receivers: With Hernandez in prison & Gronk out until maybe week 8, I don't think the Pats* have a TE as good as Chandler on their roster when the season opens.

Donald Jones: Hands of stone, FAILED when counted on last year after Nelson was lost for the year. After he drops the ball in NE like he did in Buffalo, Brady will only throw him the ball as a last resort.

Danny Amendola: A good receiver, but made of glass. Will most likely be healthy the first game.............unless he is injured in preseason.

Aaron Dobson : Never had over 700 yds in a season while playing at Marshall.................didn't exactly face SEC defenses week after week & now he is going to face NFL defenses.

The Pats* defense:

Wilfork, Mayo & Talib, the rest of that defense is composed of JAGS.

I really believe the Bills will win the opening game in Buffalo. Can't wait.

me neither. with your history of being wrong, betting the Pats Money Line will make me a few bucks. thanks....
                          Originally posted by yordad
                          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                            • Jun 2024

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                            LMAO

The Pats will win 10+

The Bills will lose 10+

But keep drinking the koolaid and think we've closed the gap.
                            I just hate that so many homers are better fans than me.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Do you really think that Belichick would go into a season with no weapons? Losing Hernandez and Welker will not cause the Pats to disintegrate. I too hope they are worse and that we can beat them twice but you need to wake up and smell the coffee. We have Kevin Kolb and a rookie for QB's. We have a rookie head coach installing new systems in all phases. Do you really believe that we will be better than the NE Patriots? I didn't think so.
                              Belichick did not plan on losing Welker or Hernandez. The Pats* were sure Welker would resign even at the lowball number they threw out at him. I doubt ANYBODY saw the Hernandez situation coming.

NOBODY knows when Gronk will be back healthy or how effective he will be when he is able to play.

Wake up & smell the coffee. Do you really believe Brady will put up the kind of numbers next year throwing to Amendola, Jones, Dobson, Ballard & Fells that he put up the last two years? I didn't think so.

Comment

Working...
                              X