PDA

View Full Version : IMO- This is Byrd's last season in Buffalo

Skooby
07-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Byrd will remain a Bills' player this season only, then he's gone. The tender for the second year goes up to ~$8.28 Million after this season is over. If the Bills were willing to pay that now, why not just give him a contract ?? Because they're not willing to pay him that, so we can get one final year to acclimate several of his replacements.

This is all IMO but it's common sense on the surface, bye bye Byrdie.

Link to how RFA / FA works:
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1531539-the-ultimate-guide-to-nfl-franchise-tags-how-they-work-and-why-they-matter

ServoBillieves
07-10-2013, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the opinion. It's appreciated.

better days
07-10-2013, 01:47 PM
If Byrd does not sign a new contract by July 15, I agree with you. Let him play out the year, hope he plays great & trade him for a 2nd rnd pick in the offseason.

Skooby
07-10-2013, 03:14 PM
If Byrd does not sign a new contract by July 15, I agree with you. Let him play out the year, hope he plays great & trade him for a 2nd rnd pick in the offseason.

We might be able to grab a late first-round pick from a team that's contending.

stuckincincy
07-10-2013, 03:57 PM
We might be able to grab a late first-round pick from a team that's contending.

For Byrd???? Maybe a late 3rd...at best. He's a guy that has a nose for the passed ball and is good at plucking the errant ball out of the air. Run support is a recent discovery for him. It's not like he brings dynamite game-changing plays, be it sacks, run stops, or punishing hits.

It's not too difficult to be a big noise on a moribund team.

better days
07-10-2013, 04:15 PM
For Byrd???? Maybe a late 3rd...at best. He's a guy that has a nose for the passed ball and is good at plucking the errant ball out of the air. Run support is a recent discovery for him. It's not like he brings dynamite game-changing plays, be it sacks, run stops, or punishing hits.

As of today, I would agree with you, a 3rd sounds about right. However, if he has a really good year in Pettine's system, I think he could bring a 2nd & maybe a 7th to go with it.

Mr. Pink
07-10-2013, 04:20 PM
If they want to keep Byrd that badly, they can transition tag him after this year.

That way, unless someone puts a poison pill in their offer sheet, the Bills would have the ability to retain him and retain him long term.

IlluminatusUIUC
07-10-2013, 05:46 PM
It's not like he brings dynamite game-changing plays, be it sacks, run stops, or punishing hits.

This claim gets more ridiculous every time it's made.

capitolneal
07-10-2013, 05:52 PM
He's gonna be a bill lots of posturing by Parker and bills. He signs a 6 yr 55 million dollar contract 28 will be guaranteed he's the real deal why right him off ? He is in the top three safeties in the legue

EDS
07-10-2013, 06:40 PM
The Bills have so many good options to replace him internally . . .

Skooby
07-10-2013, 07:06 PM
The Bills have so many good options to replace him internally . . .

Less expensive options, that way when can place our resources somewhere else.

Jaybird
07-10-2013, 08:58 PM

I bet you've never played football before?... INt happen to be game changing plays, we just never had the O to make it count. Secondly, it is not luck to pluck the errant pass.. it is about being in position and reading and reacting

Thief
07-11-2013, 11:17 AM
A 3rd? No way. 1st all day.

stuckincincy
07-12-2013, 11:53 AM
I bet you've never played football before?... INt happen to be game changing plays, we just never had the O to make it count. Secondly, it is not luck to pluck the errant pass.. it is about being in position and reading and reacting

Yes, INTs are. I should have said so. I did not say it was luck to pluck the errant pass - I said "He's a guy that has a nose for the passed ball and is good at plucking the errant ball out of the air."

OpIv37
07-12-2013, 11:55 AM
A 3rd? No way. 1st all day.

It's a buyer's market though. Other teams know we are not going to re-sign him so they can risk lowball offers. The only way we MAY get a first is if multiple teams are interested and try to outbid each other.

don137
07-13-2013, 06:32 PM
I think the Bills want to see if he can play at a top level one more year before they pay Byrd the money he is commanding. It's safer in the long run.

BertSquirtgum
07-13-2013, 08:12 PM
Opinions are like *******s everyone has them and they all stink.