Chiefs...Win
Pittsburgh...loss
Jets...Win
Falcons...Win
Bucs...Win
Jags...Win
Dolphins...Win
Patriots...Win

Am I a Kool-Aid drinker? Is Santa's nose red?

From 2-6 to 9-7?

4-2 in our own division, 7-4 in the conference?

In the words of Jim Mora, "Playoffs!?"

Kool-Aid, and beer aside....

Is this realistic? I think it is.

My Bills glass is always half full. I kind of like the Kool-Aid no matter how rotten I feel after week 8.

Rough start, spectacular finish? You know how the NFL goes. Expect the unexpected on any given Sunday.

coastal
07-12-2013, 06:22 AM
5-11

but I'm hoping for signs of life this year.

justasportsfan
07-12-2013, 08:53 AM
we lose to NE at home but beat them at NE late in the year where they almost never lose?

better days
07-12-2013, 08:57 AM
we lose to NE at home but beat them at NE late in the year where they almost never lose?

And at the end of the year when they rarely lose. If the Bills are to beat the Pats*, I like the chances to do that the first game much better than the last.

Jaybird
07-12-2013, 08:58 AM
Lets decide on the starting Qb before we think about our potentil record

better days
07-12-2013, 09:20 AM
Lets decide on the starting Qb before we think about our potentil record

Well, whoever starts, will be better than Fitz was last year. Both Kolb & Manuel can throw the ball downfield.

Meathead
07-12-2013, 09:48 AM
welp pettine would have to get the defense to do a complete about face from last year. theyd also need a qb to emerge in a rather shocking fashion. theyd also need the first and second year wrs to perform way above their experience level. and theyd need to get lucky with injuries

meh not seein it. five wins

better days
07-12-2013, 12:22 PM
welp pettine would have to get the defense to do a complete about face from last year. theyd also need a qb to emerge in a rather shocking fashion. theyd also need the first and second year wrs to perform way above their experience level. and theyd need to get lucky with injuries

meh not seein it. five wins

The defense will do a complete about face from last year.

Kolb or Manuel will play better than Fitz did last year. Not shocking if that happens IMO.

ONE WR needs to step up to go with Stevie out of the many the Bills now have.

I also expect Hackett/ Marrone to make much better use of CJ than Chan did.

8-8 or better.

OpIv37
07-12-2013, 12:25 PM
9-7 is not impossible. It's just very, very, very unlikely.

No way we go 4-2 in the division. The Jets are a mess and we could potentially sweep them, but given how poorly this team has played in the division, I wouldn't count on it. Miami is nothing special but they are farther along than we are. A split with them is possible but not likely. The Pats are still the Pats until proven otherwise.

better days
07-12-2013, 12:28 PM
9-7 is not impossible. It's just very, very, very unlikely.

No way we go 4-2 in the division. The Jets are a mess and we could potentially sweep them, but given how poorly this team has played in the division, I wouldn't count on it. Miami is nothing special but they are farther along than we are. A split with them is possible but not likely. The Pats are still the Pats until proven otherwise.

Well, you are coming around. At least you don't think 9-7 is impossible.

3 wins in the division & I think 8-8 is very possible.

mayotm
07-12-2013, 12:39 PM
Impossible... no. Likely...no. That stated, I head into each season with some hope.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
07-12-2013, 12:46 PM
5-11

Don't you think a better coaching staff could have won more games than last year? I think the Rams and Colts games last year are examples. In the Rams game, 60 yards rushing. In the Colts, Spiller averaging 7+ YPC, nah, let's pass.

OpIv37
07-12-2013, 12:54 PM
Don't you think a better coaching staff could have won more games than last year? I think the Rams and Colts games last year are examples. In the Rams game, 60 yards rushing. In the Colts, Spiller averaging 7+ YPC, nah, let's pass.

We have new systems on both sides of the ball so there will be a learning curve. We are relying heavily on rookies trying to adjust to the NFL. Would we have won more games with better coaching last year? Probably, but this isn't last year. It's not the same thing.

For that matter, we don't even know if Marrone is a better coach. I think he will be, as do most, but he's never been a head coach in the NFL before so no one really knows what will happen for sure.

imbondz
07-12-2013, 01:38 PM
if we finish 7-9 it'll be an enormously successful season

better days
07-12-2013, 01:52 PM
if we finish 7-9 it'll be an enormously successful season

8-8, 7-9, 9-7 a game or two difference either way.

I would be fine with 7-9. I just expect 6 wins or better. Less than 6 wins & this season will be totally unsuccessful

POTLAND PSILBYLO
07-12-2013, 02:13 PM
I want the Pats slaughtered on opening day. I insist on it. Tebow's legs broke. Brady made to cry. McLovin return TD. Karma baby.

OpIv37
07-12-2013, 02:16 PM
I want the Pats slaughtered on opening day. I insist on it. Tebow's legs broke. Brady made to cry. McLovin return TD. Karma baby.

I don't think it'll happen but I love to see it.

The best thing in football is a Bills win. The second best is a Pats loss. I'll even root for the Fish over the Pats, at least as long as Brady and Bellicheck are there. The only time I could ever root for them is if there was some bizarre scenario where we needed their opponent to lose to help Buffalo make the playoffs or get home field, and even then I'd die a little inside.

justasportsfan
07-12-2013, 02:20 PM

wait, you talk about someones leg breaking and then mention the word karma?

OpIv37
07-12-2013, 02:26 PM
wait, you talk about someones leg breaking and then mention the word karma?

Well, I'll be a bit more careful than him: I won't say I WANT Tebow's legs to break, but if it happens, I'm not exactly going to be heartbroken over it.

mayotm
07-12-2013, 02:40 PM
How is Tebow going to break his leg? He won't be in the game. Hell, he may not even be on the sideline.

JoeMama
07-12-2013, 02:52 PM
Well, I'll be a bit more careful than him: I won't say I WANT Tebow's legs to break, but if it happens, I'm not exactly going to be heartbroken over it.

Don't worry. He's a quick healer, believes in Jesus.

Thunderkyss
07-12-2013, 08:44 PM
.750 Patriots...loss
.438 Carolina...loss
.375 Jets...Win
.625 Ravens...loss
.313 Browns...Win
.625 Bengals...loss
.438 Dolphins..loss
.438 Saints...loss
.125 Chiefs...Win
.500 Pittsburgh...loss
.375 Jets...Win
.813 Falcons...Win
.438 Bucs...Win
.125 Jags...Win
.438 Dolphins...Win
.750 Patriots...Win

.375 Bills, The red numbers indicate teams that were just as bad as the Bills last season. I'd consider those, "Better Win" games. The orange numbers are teams that had some serious issues, they are your "probably could" win games.

This time of the year, every team is out there trying to be better than they were last year. As a Bill, I'd want to have done a better job than the two teams that were as bad as I was. I'd like to have gained some ground on the three teams that were closest to us.

But above all, I want to make sure that I've got the right guys making decisions for my team. Normally scouts have a job to do, they're looking at college players & watching other teams' players looking for guys to add to our team. I would add to their responsibilities the burden of watching our team develop & I'd like for them to grade them & compare our players vs the scouting reports we did before we drafted/signed our current players. I want to identify what we got right, what we got wrong, why we were right/wrong, & apply those lessons to scouting players for the future.

Before each month, I'm going to want my HC & my GM to give me a report on our opponents for the upcoming month. I want to know what our strategy is for beating the next 4 teams. I want to know what we want to establish on offense, what we want to prevent on defense. What kind of tempo we want to run. What we expect to be able to do, what we expect we'll have trouble doing.

Then at the end of each month I want to review those plans, what did we accomplish, what didn't we accomplish. Why, why not? What are we going to fix for next month.

At the end of the year, I need to be satisfied that the people making decisions in this organization know how to set expectations (We're not going undefeated, so don't give me that), how to objectively analyze their performance, & how to make the necessary changes to improve their performance, & eventually meet or exceed their expectations.

Sorry for ramblin.

Skooby
07-12-2013, 09:21 PM
I think we come out of fire & then fail after going 4-2, We'll beat the Pats.

Slow start, strong finish.

Just imagine this:

Patriots...loss
Carolina...loss
Jets...Win
Ravens...loss
Browns...Win
Bengals...loss
Dolphins..loss
Saints...loss
Chiefs...Win
Pittsburgh...loss
Jets...Win
Falcons...Win
Bucs...Win
Jags...Win
Dolphins...Win
Patriots...Win

Am I a Kool-Aid drinker? Is Santa's nose red?

From 2-6 to 9-7?

4-2 in our own division, 7-4 in the conference?

In the words of Jim Mora, "Playoffs!?"

Kool-Aid, and beer aside....

Is this realistic? I think it is.

My Bills glass is always half full. I kind of like the Kool-Aid no matter how rotten I feel after week 8.

Rough start, spectacular finish? You know how the NFL goes. Expect the unexpected on any given Sunday.

CoolBreeze
07-13-2013, 11:42 AM
The only way we make the playoffs or achieve a winning record is through the division. We must go 5-1, 6-0 in division games. Our schedule is tough, however I feel that the division is up for grabs. The Dolphins added tons of firepower, but take it from the Redskins, that usually blows up in ones face. The Jets will be garbage, their depleted, and we took their defense when we took Pettine. When it comes to the Pats, well I like many still fear them but don't know why anymore. Their in very bad shape, Brady is an old man. They have no Receivers, or Tight Ends. There's a good chance that they will be bad. So if we were to even pretend like we could be playoff bound, I believe the only way we do that is by running the table on our division

coastal
07-13-2013, 11:52 AM
6-10 from here to eternity.

Mike
07-13-2013, 12:00 PM
Patriots... Loss: Pats are still way ahead if us

Carolina...Loss: we can't handle running QB

Jets...Win: They are in disarray
Ravens...loss: SB winner speaks for itself

Browns...Win: They are like the Bills but slightly better.

Bengals...loss: Much better than us.

Dolphins..loss: The beat us last year and I don't see why it won't happen again with better dolphins talent.

Saints...loss: clearly way better than us

Chiefs..loss: if any one team could make a huge jump due to coaching it's the Chiefs. Reid is a proven commodity who now has Alex Smith (a guy many on here wanted) and numerous elite PB players!

Pittsburgh...loss: Big Ben = big Bills loss

Jets...Win: just being nice here. A split with the Jets would be more expected plus Geno Smith might have them on the up swing.

Falcons...Loss: Way more talented than us

Bucs...Loss: more talented

Jags...Win: like the Bills south, pretty bad team.

Dolphins...Loss: might be in a playoff push

Patriots...Loss: seeing dols behind them might insure one last victory

4-12
(+/- 2 Games)

Mr. Pink
07-13-2013, 12:46 PM
:rofl:

We have a better chance going 0-16 than 9-7.

This is a 3-5 win football team with that schedule and at best 2-4 in the division.

IlluminatusUIUC
07-13-2013, 02:33 PM
Patriots...loss
Carolina...loss
Jets...Win
Ravens...loss
Browns...Win
Bengals...loss
Dolphins..loss
Saints...loss
Chiefs...Win
Pittsburgh...loss

I'm with you so far.

Jets...Loss - For whatever reason we always seem to split with the Jets. I think that Rex, who has his defense installed and is merely putting in replacements, will shut us down in game 2.

Falcons...Loss - Beating the Falcons was a hell of a longshot to begin with, but if we were we needed the outdoor advantage to slow down their pasing game. In the Toronto dome with no HFA I don't see it.

Bucs...Loss - Unless the Bills run D takes massive leaps Doug Martin will gash us.

Jags...Win - Sure.

Dolphins...Win - Either this or the Ravens game will be our 5th win IMO.

Patriots...Loss. Unless the Broncos and Texans have locked up the Top 2 seeds, the Pats will have something to play for here. December Pats are much much harder than September.

I still think 5-11 unless EJ channels Russell Wilson.

Johnny Bugmenot
07-14-2013, 06:19 PM
I do.

This team hasn't had a winning season since Drew Bledsoe was the starter and hasn't had a playoff season since Doug Flutie was. Think about that for a second, and tell me what has changed in this offseason that will miraculously turn this team into a contender.

You can't.

Night Train
07-14-2013, 06:51 PM
How is Tebow going to break his leg? He won't be in the game. Hell, he may not even be on the sideline.
He'll be breaking bread with his disciples at a camp meeting in Jacksonville.

Figster
07-14-2013, 07:07 PM
5-11

Its no surprise to me the last time Buffalo had a winning record, Drew Bledsoe was behind center.

Signs of life to me is finding a QB...

BertSquirtgum
07-14-2013, 10:08 PM
Bills are going 10-6 and will finish 1st in the division. Mark it down.

better days
07-15-2013, 01:52 AM
:rofl:

We have a better chance going 0-16 than 9-7.

This is a 3-5 win football team with that schedule and at best 2-4 in the division.

TOTALLY disagree. It is harder to go 0-16 than it is to go 9-7.

Who was the last 0-16 team? And what year?

The Detroit Lions are the ONLY team in the HISTORY of the NFL to go 0-16 in 2008.

Figster
07-15-2013, 08:19 AM
Bills are going 10-6 and will finish 1st in the division. Mark it down.

I'm using reverse pyshology this year Hurkey, hehe

Bills are going 0-16 :dance3: so lets dance...

Mr. Pink
07-15-2013, 08:43 AM
TOTALLY disagree. It is harder to go 0-16 than it is to go 9-7.

Who was the last 0-16 team? And what year?

The Detroit Lions are the ONLY team in the HISTORY of the NFL to go 0-16 in 2008.

It really doesn't matter as we're not going 0-16 or 9-7 but we're a hell of a lot closer to an 0-16 team than a 9-7 team, especially with that rough schedule we pulled for this season. There's MAYBE 2 games on that schedule I expect this team to win and about 10 games I expect this team to lose. 4 games could go either way and we ain't winning all 4 of them.

better days
07-15-2013, 08:54 AM
It really doesn't matter as we're not going 0-16 or 9-7 but we're a hell of a lot closer to an 0-16 team than a 9-7 team, especially with that rough schedule we pulled for this season. There's MAYBE 2 games on that schedule I expect this team to win and about 10 games I expect this team to lose. 4 games could go either way and we ain't winning all 4 of them.

IMO it all depends on the Coaching & QB play. If Marrone/Hackett/Pettine are GOOD Coaches & Kolb/Manuel throw more TD's than INTS I expect this team to win 8 games or better.

If they win less than 6, I will be calling for Marrones head at the end of the season.

Mr. Pink
07-15-2013, 08:59 AM
IMO it all depends on the Coaching & QB play. If Marrone/Hackett/Pettine are GOOD Coaches & Kolb/Manuel throw more TD's than INTS I expect this team to win 8 games or better.

If they win less than 6, I will be calling for Marrones head at the end of the season.

Why would you do that? You loved Gailey after his first season of fail.

I'm telling you be prepared, this is going to be a 4-12 football team with a top 3 draft pick.

Going into week 10, I can already see the meltdowns now when this team is anywhere between 0-10 and 2-8

PTI
07-15-2013, 09:00 AM
Bills can win 9 games. How many games last year did Fitz put us behind with poor early play and then do nothing at the end too?

The defense will be better, they were awful, there is no way they can be that bad.

better days
07-15-2013, 09:12 AM
Why would you do that? You loved Gailey after his first season of fail.

I'm telling you be prepared, this is going to be a 4-12 football team with a top 3 draft pick.

Going into week 10, I can already see the meltdowns now when this team is anywhere between 0-10 and 2-8

You are right, I thought Chan had the team going in the right direction after the first year, but he could not find a decent DC.

The difference is today the Bills have better talent than when Chan took over. Nix spent the last 3 years adding talent to this team, it is time for them to produce.

Figster
07-15-2013, 01:57 PM
You are right, I thought Chan had the team going in the right direction after the first year, but he could not find a decent DC.

The difference is today the Bills have better talent than when Chan took over. Nix spent the last 3 years adding talent to this team, it is time for them to produce.

I agree, Marrone is taking on a much improved football team.

The Buffalo Bills are bigger, stronger , and faster.

Plus, what should be ( we hope) a major upgrade at the QB position and WR position.

Extremebillsfan247
07-15-2013, 02:14 PM
The OP is right, 9-7 isn't impossible, but it's going to be damn hard to do with this team at its current state. We are talking young and inexperienced in consistently one of the toughest divisions in the NFL. 6-10 is more realistic because of that. A lot of things have to go right for this team to even finish with 8 wins, let alone 9. But yeah, not impossible.

Figster
07-15-2013, 02:20 PM
The OP is right, 9-7 isn't impossible, but it's going to be damn hard to do with this team at its current state. We are talking young and inexperienced in consistently one of the toughest divisions in the NFL. 6-10 is more realistic because of that. A lot of things have to go right for this team to even finish with 8 wins, let alone 9. But yeah, not impossible.

We watched a few young teams with rookie QB's make the playoffs last season.

jills
07-15-2013, 02:38 PM

They had way better teams, and better rookie QB's.

IlluminatusUIUC
07-15-2013, 02:41 PM

Seattle had a top 3 defense, Washington had not one but two legit OROTY candidates, and Indy had one of the flukiest seasons in NFL history.

So yeah, if any of those things happen to us, it's possible.

Extremebillsfan247
07-15-2013, 02:45 PM
In all due respect, those teams didn't have the Patriots in their division. Regardless of how much we hate that team, there is no denying that the Patriots have owned this division for a long time now. That's a mighty big factor when talking about getting into the post season. I'd be happy with a 9-7 record even if we didn't make the post season. It would mean this team is finally starting to put something competitive together. But at this point, I'm not very optimistic about our chances. That could change though.

Figster
07-15-2013, 02:46 PM
They had way better teams, and better rookie QB's.

Luck and RGIII are pretty hard to top

Figster
07-15-2013, 02:48 PM
In all due respect, those teams didn't have the Patriots in their division. Regardless of how much we hate that team, there is no denying that the Patriots have owned this division for a long time now. That's a mighty big factor when talking about getting into the post season. I'd be happy with a 9-7 record even if we didn't make the post season. It would mean this team is finally starting to put something competitive together. But at this point, I'm not very optimistic about our chances. That could change though.

yup, you got that right,

Practically like a mini playoff/Suberbowl game every time we play them.

I will say this though, Tom Bradys favorite targets are gone...

IlluminatusUIUC
07-15-2013, 02:49 PM

Well, they did have San Francisco, New York, and Houston. Two of them appeared in the CCG this year and one was the prior year's SB champ.

Extremebillsfan247
07-15-2013, 03:23 PM
Well, they did have San Francisco, New York, and Houston. Two of them appeared in the CCG this year and one was the prior year's SB champ.
Well just to give you an idea of what I'm talking about, the Patriots went undefeated in our division, finished 12-4(third best overall record in the NFL), and was the only team in our division with a winning record. They are only 1 of 2 teams in 2012 to sweep all their division games. The other was Denver.

You know how Seattle got into the post season? they were dominant at home. No one beat them in their house last year. If we went 8-0 at home last year we would have had a 10-6 record. The bad news is that even if we did that, we still may not have made the post season possibly being edged out by the Bengals. That's what makes this division tough. If you want to make the post season in the AFC East, you better win the division or your chances are slim. That is my point.

BuffaloWingEater
07-16-2013, 09:42 AM
i honestly think we can win the east this year. maimi and the jets are no better than the bills and we should win week 1 against the pats. that being said, i very well may be insane.