PDA

View Full Version : NFL Live Buffalo Talk...

SquishDaFish
07-12-2013, 04:04 PM
Just on ESPN. Hasselback thinks we are on the right track with our defense and says the best change was defensive CoOrdinator.

Chris Carter has Buffalo as his team of choice to go from worst to first!

Nice to hear some positive talk

Thunderkyss
07-12-2013, 08:10 PM
Just on ESPN. Hasselback thinks we are on the right track with our defense and says the best change was defensive CoOrdinator.

Chris Carter has Buffalo as his team of choice to go from worst to first!

Nice to hear some positive talk

You've had 7 head coaches since 1998 (15 years), that's more or less a new HC every 2 years. That tells me the guy "picking" these coaches don't know what the heck he's doing, or doesn't know how to acquire the guys his coaches need to get the job done.

Promoting that guy to CEO, where he can't do anymore damage is a good sign. Bringing in a Steelers scout to be your GM, that's a good sign. Bringing in the guy who built the New Orleans Saints offense with Sean Peyton, that's a good sign. Bringing in a Jet/Steelers defensive guy to run your defense, that's a good sign.

But they've got to be patient & committed. If they tear this thing apart after two years, SOS, same ol Bills.

Skooby
07-12-2013, 08:21 PM
I hope they're right.

SpikedLemonade
07-12-2013, 08:27 PM
Promoting that guy to CEO, where he can't do anymore damage is a good sign. Bringing in a Steelers scout to be your GM, that's a good sign. Bringing in the guy who built the New Orleans Saints offense with Sean Peyton, that's a good sign. Bringing in a Jet/Steelers defensive guy to run your defense, that's a good sign.

Really?

Thunderkyss
07-12-2013, 08:55 PM
Really?

From NFL.com

Prior to his Syracuse tenure, Marrone spent seven years in the NFL. From 2006 to 2008, he served as the offensive coordinator of the New Orleans Saints after a four-year span as the offensive line coach of the New York Jets (2002 to 2005).

The Saints led the NFL in total offense and passing yards per game in 2006 (391.5 total yards/game and 281.4 passing yards/game) and 2008 (410.7 total yards/game and 311.1 passing yards/game).

In 2004, the Jets' offensive line paved the way for the league's third-best rushing offense (149.3 rushing yards/game) while tallying the second-most rushing first downs (135). Running back Curtis Martin led the NFL with 1,697 rushing yards and posted nine 100-yard games.

Then when you consider he left the Saints to be the HC of Syracuse... dude's got a solid resume. Probably the best new coach hire in the league, including Kelly & Reid.

Mike
07-13-2013, 11:25 AM
Often times when the national media ranks the Bills poorly, or discusses their issues and lack of future many on this board respond by taking it as a personal slam against their team from know nothing analyst who are not to be taken seriously. However, when these same analysts say something positive, then all of the sudden they are taken both seriously and their comments are used as evidence of the Bills inevitable rise.

better days
07-13-2013, 12:21 PM
Often times when the national media ranks the Bills poorly, or discusses their issues and lack of future many on this board respond by taking it as a personal slam against their team from know nothing analyst who are not to be taken seriously. However, when these same analysts say something positive, then all of the sudden they are taken both seriously and their comments are used as evidence of the Bills inevitable rise.

Just like on ANY NFL message board.

Mike
07-13-2013, 12:40 PM
Just like on ANY NFL message board.

Thank probably true but intellectually dishonest. I have my opinion which is based on unbiased observation and as such it's pretty evident where things are headed.

It's a common psychological phenomena that during times of personal failure people blame external events however when those same events are happening to a stranger they blame that person's internal characteristics. You are doing the same thing with your football team.

In the end, it's all about internal characteristics and as a result, your opinion of the Cardinals or Seahawks might be far more accurate and unbiased than your opinion of the Bills.

mayotm
07-13-2013, 12:53 PM
Wow. What an original post. Nobody has ever pointed that out.

Mike
07-13-2013, 12:58 PM

Great to see your 100% agreement

SquishDaFish
07-13-2013, 07:17 PM
Mike you are a complete ****ing idiot assclown

BertSquirtgum
07-13-2013, 08:31 PM
:usflag: Go Bills :gobills:

THRILLHO
07-13-2013, 08:40 PM
Picking the underdog is great. No one remembers that you did it if they lose. But everyone remembers when they do well.

PromoTheRobot
07-14-2013, 12:54 PM
You've had 7 head coaches since 1998 (15 years), that's more or less a new HC every 2 years. That tells me the guy "picking" these coaches don't know what the heck he's doing, or doesn't know how to acquire the guys his coaches need to get the job done.

But they've got to be patient & committed. If they tear this thing apart after two years, SOS, same ol Bills.

Who are you referring to? Russ Brandon? I didn't realize he was hiring our head coaches for the last 15 years. I always thought it was Ralph Wilson.

PTR

mead107
07-14-2013, 04:59 PM
Playoffs this tear.

Night Train
07-15-2013, 07:15 AM
It's going to take time.

Marrone been here 15 minutes and didn't create this mess. He's here to clean it up. Talking about the past 13 years means nothing to him.

justasportsfan
07-15-2013, 10:10 AM

All I've mostly read so far are posts "I HOPE they're right". Where are the posts stating that their opinion or comments as "EVIDENCE of the bills' inevitable rise"?

djjimkelly
07-15-2013, 02:53 PM

maybe hes lucky number 7 :)

TigerJ
07-17-2013, 10:45 AM

Oftentimes when someone points out the illogic of fan forums when reacting to national media comments about their beloved team, someone on the fan forum will react sarcastically by implying this is old hat and has been posted numerous times before.

better days
07-17-2013, 05:09 PM
Oftentimes when someone points out the illogic of fan forums when reacting to national media comments about their beloved team, someone on the fan forum will react sarcastically by implying this is old hat and has been posted numerous times before.

Which it has. And you can go on any board for any team, they are all MUCH the SAME. From the BEST teams to the WORST teams fan reaction is the SAME.

jimbohastle51
07-17-2013, 11:56 PM
In my opinion Buffalo is not a playoff team but look to be headed in a better direction than they have been the past 10 years.