Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Patriots* release...

We Donald Jones
  • jdaltroy5
    • Aug 2012

Re: Patriots* release...

We Donald Jones?

Is that like a smaller version of Donald Jones?

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Too funny. And they are not going to release Dennard. I guess if you play well for the Pats* you have to murder somebody to get cut.

Comment

• Gibby
        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by jdaltroy5 View Post
        We Donald Jones?

Is that like a smaller version of Donald Jones?
        A smaller version of Donald Jones? Is that even possible?

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by MST3KBillsfan View Post
          A smaller version of Donald Jones? Is that even possible?
          The smaller version of Donald Jones is called a Roscoe Parrish.

Comment

• Gibby
            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by better days View Post
            The smaller version of Donald Jones is called a Roscoe Parrish.
            So kinda like a classic FIAT sports car? Looks sleek, goes fast, but breaks down for just about damn near everything?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Why is there an asterisk next to Patriots? They're still the Patriots even if they cheated.

Comment

• feldspar
                • Mar 2007

Too funny. And they are not going to release Dennard. I guess if you play well for the Pats* you have to murder somebody to get cut.
                I didn't think that they'd cut Dennard. Role players or guys on the fringe get cut over a DUI, not starters, generally.

If the Pats* draft a guy who assaults a police officer less that a week before the draft, they won't cut him over a DUI...again, cuz he's the starter, and their kind of in trouble with that CB spot without him. Dunno what kind of leash they have him on now. I also don't know if Goodell can use that assault charge against him, but the guy DOES have to serve a one month stint in jail next March. Since he's in violation of his probation by getting this DUI, maybe the judge will send him to jail sooner or for longer.

I feel the guy should be suspended.

Comment

• feldspar
                  • Mar 2007

I never understood why anybody would have any kind of problem with the Bills not re-signing Donald Jones. Look at how thin the Patriots are at the position...they don't want him either. Replacing him is not hard for anybody, really.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                    I didn't think that they'd cut Dennard. Role players or guys on the fringe get cut over a DUI, not starters, generally.

If the Pats* draft a guy who assaults a police officer less that a week before the draft, they won't cut him over a DUI...again, cuz he's the starter, and their kind of in trouble with that CB spot without him. Dunno what kind of leash they have him on now. I also don't know if Goodell can use that assault charge against him, but the guy DOES have to serve a one month stint in jail next March. Since he's in violation of his probation by getting this DUI, maybe the judge will send him to jail sooner or for longer.

I feel the guy should be suspended.
                    Yeah, we are not talking just a DUI, we are talking about a guy that broke his probation for hitting a cop. He may well be in jail during the season, but if not I don't see how he does not get suspended by Goodell? How can Goodell suspend anyone else if he does not suspend Dennard?

Comment

• feldspar
                      • Mar 2007

Yeah, we are not talking just a DUI, we are talking about a guy that broke his probation for hitting a cop. He may well be in jail during the season, but if not I don't see how he does not get suspended by Goodell? How can Goodell suspend anyone else if he does not suspend Dennard?
                      True that. I understand that; in fact, I basically said that.

On the other hand, he hasn't even been convicted yet. People that can afford good lawyers get out of DUIs all the time. They'll be a hearing to determine if he violated his probation on July 31. That day will be crucial for him. There is no reason for the Pats to cut him right now IMO.

What an idiot this guy is for assaulting a police officer the same friggin' week as the draft, though. Stupid thing to do anytime, but RIGHT before the draft?

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                        True that. I understand that; in fact, I basically said that.

On the other hand, he hasn't even been convicted yet. People that can afford good lawyers get out of DUIs all the time. They'll be a hearing to determine if he violated his probation on July 31. That day will be crucial for him. There is no reason for the Pats to cut him right now IMO.

What an idiot this guy is for assaulting a police officer the same friggin' week as the draft, though. Stupid thing to do anytime, but RIGHT before the draft?
                        Well, he was convicted of assaulting a police officer & now he has been arrested for DUI & violation of probation. If he was not a GOOD starting CB, he would have been cut already.

A good lawyer may get him out of the DUI, but the violation of probation will be much tougher to fight.

He is in violation of probation for drinking any alcohol at all & it sure looks like he can't dispute that.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                          • Jun 2005

Sorry typed on phone didnt realize the we not WR lol

Comment

• Scumbag College
                            • Oct 2002

Bring him in!
                            Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                              My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                              • Apr 2004

60 Days in Jail beginning March 1, 2014. The judge is a Patriots fan so he delayed the sentencing.

Comment

Working...
                              X