X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

I Forgot That The Bills Were 6-10 Last Year

Feels more like 4-12, but why? The 13 year drought has a lot to do with it.

They're not as bad as many people think.

If Pettine was the DC last year, I think the Bills would have won at least 2 more games.

8-8 with the addition of Pettine and the subtraction of Wannstedt alone - that's fair.

So what's going to happen after the Bills subtract Gailey and add Marrone?

What happens when you subtract Fitzpatrick and add Kevin Kolb or EJ Manuel?

Who was the OC for the Bills last year? Oh yes, Chan Gailey. The pass, pass, pass, run, pass, pass, pass, pass, run, pass, pass, pass, "We needed to give CJ a breather," coach.

So what's going to happen after the Bills subtract Gailey (again) and add Nathaniel Hackett at OC? He's only been studying NFL offenses since he was like, 8 years old.

Is Nathaniel Hackett, Doug Marrone, and a better quarterback than Fitz good for two more wins?

Not including the rookies from this year's draft class, I think the coach, DC, and OC are good for at least 3 more wins than last year.

Even Vegas thinks the Bills will win more than 6 games in 2013 if you read between the betting lines.

More than 6 wins? Most people would think no way and bet the under. That's why Vegas is in business.

11.5 for the Pats? Anyone who bets the over has got money to burn.
  • Ingtar33
    Dances With Buffaloes
    • Sep 2002

Re: I Forgot That The Bills Were 6-10 Last Year

you do know that Dick+Marv got us to 7-9 every year, and we drafted in the top 10 last year right? We are terrible.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Our easy schedule last season padded us to 6 wins, we couldn't of been much more predictable.

Comment

• kishoph
        • Jun 2003

What cost us at least 4 games last season was Ryan Fitzpatrick turning the ball over near the end of the game with either a lead or being within a TD of taking the lead or tying.
        Week 7 against the Titans, with 3 minutes left, Bills up by 6 at their 40, Fitz throws an int, Titans score to take the lead and win.
        Week 10 against the Pats, with 30 seconds left, Bills down by 6 at the Pats 15, Fitz throws an int, game over.
        Week 12 against the Colts with 9 minutes left, Bills down by 7 at the Colts 35 Fitz throws an int, Stevie gets the ball back, but the Bills lose over 20 yards and the drive stalls and the Colts run out the clock.
        Week 14 against the Rams, with 30 seconds left Bills down by 3 at their 42, Fitz takes a sack, then with 21 seconds left, throws an int. game over.
        There were also a couple of games were we were down by more than a TD, but within distance to try to comeback, were he either fumbled or threw a int. late in the 4th quarter. The biggest off season improvement to the Bills was getting rid of Fitzpatrick.

Comment

• Mike
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by kishoph View Post
          What cost us at least 4 games last season was Ryan Fitzpatrick turning the ball over near the end of the game with either a lead or being within a TD of taking the lead or tying.
          Week 7 against the Titans, with 3 minutes left, Bills up by 6 at their 40, Fitz throws an int, Titans score to take the lead and win.
          Week 10 against the Pats, with 30 seconds left, Bills down by 6 at the Pats 15, Fitz throws an int, game over.
          Week 12 against the Colts with 9 minutes left, Bills down by 7 at the Colts 35 Fitz throws an int, Stevie gets the ball back, but the Bills lose over 20 yards and the drive stalls and the Colts run out the clock.
          Week 14 against the Rams, with 30 seconds left Bills down by 3 at their 42, Fitz takes a sack, then with 21 seconds left, throws an int. game over.
          There were also a couple of games were we were down by more than a TD, but within distance to try to comeback, were he either fumbled or threw a int. late in the 4th quarter. The biggest off season improvement to the Bills was getting rid of Fitzpatrick.
          It goes both ways. Bills won games late as well, for example beating the Dolphins (use to be such a great rivalry) & Cardinals (came to the wire with their QB sidelined).

Of their 6 wins, all 6 came against some of the worst QBs in the NFL and 2 of those QBs were rookies.

The mark of a good team is beating good teams and against winning teams Bills went 0-6.

In their four worst games they gave up 195 points! That's more points in 4 games than the 2001 Ravens gave up their entire season.

This year, the schedual will be tougher.
          Please Make Sense

Comment

• imbondz
            Democrats are people too
            • Jan 2003

6-10 is two-three unlucky plays from being 4-12

lol. that's dumb but kinda true
            My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• coastal
              Legendary Zoner
              • Mar 2005

The ole coaching will get us to the promised land BS.

the organization is broken... the better question is does Russ Brandon have what it takes?

i hope so but I think he's more of a corporate scammer to be honest.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                • Sep 2003

I seriously like the fact that we have young blood now in the organization instead of tired, old retreads.

Comment

• malvado78
                  • Mar 2006

I don't remember last season and I like it that way....

Comment

• jdaltroy5
                    • Aug 2012

Yeah, but that's a double edged sword.

For example, Fitz played a great game up until that late pick against Tennessee. Plus, some games, we ended up getting the late game changing play. Arizona comes to mind right off the top of my head.

Overall, we were about as good as a 6-10 team.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by imbondz View Post
                      6-10 is two-three unlucky plays from being 4-12

lol. that's dumb but kinda true
                      I don't think that's dumb. It is true. 6-10 is also two-three lucky plays away from being 8-8. It works both ways.

There's not much that separates an average team from a great team. But that fine difference is the biggest difference in the NFL. Talent is everywhere...but sometimes talent falls into the wrong hands.

Coaching is underestimated. A team can have all the talent in the world, but if the team does not have coaches with the ability to recognize and utilize talent, the team is going to suck. Just like a company with all kinds of talent and brains, if the management is no good, the company is going to suck too.

Why is Tom Brady so good? Bill Belichick has a lot to do with his success.

What if Brady was drafted by the Bears with Dick Jauron back in 2000?

Would he have 3 Super Bowl rings? Probably not.

Is Tom Brady a great QB? Yes, but he wouldn't be great if it weren't for the luck of the Patriots draw.

E.J. Manuel has all the tools to be great. Will he be lucky enough to land in a coaching system that uses his talents to the best of his potential?

Comment

• Thunderkyss
                        I'm a Texan
                        • Jun 2013

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                        Feels more like 4-12, but why? The 13 year drought has a lot to do with it.

From the outside looking in, I also "forget" y'all were 6-10. I thought y'all were 8-8 or 9-7.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                          • Sep 2012

Given our points scored vs. points allowed, our 6-10 finish was exactly where we should have landed. And of the 10 losses, many of them were epic buttrapings. We gave up 90 points in 6 quarters to New England and San Francisco and then let Russell Wilson drop a fifty burger on us and send his jersey to the Hall of Fame.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Swiper
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2010

Exactly why he's not here anymore.

Comment

• Thunderkyss
                              I'm a Texan
                              • Jun 2013

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                              Given our points scored vs. points allowed, our 6-10 finish was exactly where we should have landed. And of the 10 losses, many of them were epic buttrapings. We gave up 90 points in 6 quarters to New England and San Francisco and then let Russell Wilson drop a fifty burger on us and send his jersey to the Hall of Fame.
                              We (the Texans) gave up 83 points to those same Patriots & there were some who thought we were the best team in the league at one time or another during the season. We also made Christian Ponder look like Kurt Warner Super Bowl MVP.

The gap between really good & not so good in the NFL isn't that great. You've got a talented team & a bunch of really good coaches coming on board. 2013 is going to be a great year for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

Working...
                              X