PDA

View Full Version : Marcell Dareus size

sting32
07-20-2013, 08:10 PM
Does it look like he's at his normal playing size? I've heard all of the talk about him being overweight. Looks about his normal size to me. I saw him at his camp yesterday along with Freddie, Da'Norris, BJ Scott, and big Mike Jasper. I wanted to post a pic of him but, it appears I can't using my iPhone. Anyone else go?

feldspar
07-20-2013, 09:58 PM
Mike Jasper was released last summer...don't think you saw him. I think the Giants are experimenting with him now.

Dareus isn't as big as Vince Wilfork, probably...that guy's size is actually an advantage. Wilfork is a good player. Anyway, I read somewhere that Dareus wants to lose some weight, although I don't know how much.

Buffalo Thriller
07-20-2013, 10:12 PM
He looks like he's about 20 pounds heavier from when he was at Bama.

TacklingDummy
07-21-2013, 07:41 AM
Does it look like he's at his normal playing size? I've heard all of the talk about him being overweight. Looks about his normal size to me. I saw him at his camp yesterday along with Freddie, Da'Norris, BJ Scott, and big Mike Jasper. I wanted to post a pic of him but, it appears I can't using my iPhone. Anyone else go?

I was there too and took a picture. He's gained weight cause he's lazy.
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061009183143/starwars/images/7/75/JabbaPromo.jpg

Yasgur's Farm
07-21-2013, 08:47 AM
Don't need to be a Bill in order to participate in a free youth camp.

Meathead
07-21-2013, 08:56 AM
i wish mike jasper was here right now i would slap him silly

NOT THE DUDE...
07-21-2013, 12:25 PM
he was at a restaurant a few days ago and looks more fit. still think he needs to lose another 20lbs to be truly " great"

- - - Updated - - -

I would love to see marcell at 295

IlluminatusUIUC
07-21-2013, 02:20 PM
Is he the nose or the end in this d?

mayotm
07-21-2013, 03:07 PM
Is he the nose or the end in this d?I think he will play both.

TigerJ
07-21-2013, 03:11 PM
For what it's worth, Pettine has been quoted as saying he thinks Marcel Dareus can be a dominant nose tackle. That was several months back, so I'm not going to go looking for a link.

Pinkerton Security
07-22-2013, 08:43 AM
he was at a restaurant a few days ago and looks more fit. still think he needs to lose another 20lbs to be truly " great"

- - - Updated - - -

I would love to see marcell at 295

why do you think he needs to lose weight to be "truly 'great'"? perhaps they wanted him to gain some bulk to play NT?

NOT THE DUDE...
07-23-2013, 09:37 AM
why do you think he needs to lose weight to be "truly 'great'"? perhaps they wanted him to gain some bulk to play NT?

even now, after losing some weight, he still has a belly. that means he has not reached his genetic potential from working out, and eating right. that directly ties into so many athletic traits, way beyond conditioning.

- - - Updated - - -

fat as added weight actually hurts, and does nothing to help

jdaltroy5
07-23-2013, 11:14 AM
even now, after losing some weight, he still has a belly. that means he has not reached his genetic potential from working out, and eating right. that directly ties into so many athletic traits, way beyond conditioning.

- - - Updated - - -

Then why does almost every OL and DL in the NFL have a belly?

Hell, most of the strongmen have bellies too.

justasportsfan
07-23-2013, 11:34 AM

Vince Wilfork, Pat Williams, Sam Adams didn't. Oh wait!

GingerP
07-23-2013, 11:47 AM
Vince Wilfork, Pat Williams, Sam Adams didn't. Oh wait!

Remember Ted Washington? End of story.

Pinkerton Security
07-23-2013, 11:49 AM

- - - Updated - - -

genetic potential? are you freakin serious?? shut up

justasportsfan
07-23-2013, 11:52 AM
Remember Ted Washington? End of story.

I don't think Not the Dude is old enough to remember Ted

NOT THE DUDE...
07-23-2013, 03:26 PM
Then why does almost every OL and DL in the NFL have a belly?

jake long doesn't, john fina didn't, matt kalil. im not saying you cant be really good. im just saying dareus at 300-295 would be the bruce smith at dt

jdaltroy5
07-23-2013, 03:28 PM
jake long doesn't, john fina didn't, matt kalil. im not saying you cant be really good. im just saying dareus at 300-295 would be the bruce smith at dt

You're not very good at trolling.

NOT THE DUDE...
07-23-2013, 03:28 PM
I don't think Not the Dude is old enough to remember Ted

I do! I remember him standing next to tasker in the 97 program vs Detroit. I wonder how many chicken wings he can eat

- - - Updated - - -

me and my dad went to that game. bills won like 22-13

Downinfloflo
07-23-2013, 08:06 PM
As long as he's not Jamie Nails big he should be just fine.

JCBills
07-28-2013, 05:08 PM

You're referencing OL players to compare to a DT/NT build?

Also, based on your last sentence, I'm guessing you work for some team's scouting department.

Lol.

NOT THE DUDE...
07-28-2013, 05:41 PM
You're referencing OL players to compare to a DT/NT build?

Also, based on your last sentence, I'm guessing you work for some team's scouting department.

Lol.

no, im saying he wont reach his potential with excess fat on his body. and the bills are playing a 1 gap 34 as a base.... n/m

JCBills
07-28-2013, 06:15 PM
no, im saying he wont reach his potential with excess fat on his body. and the bills are playing a 1 gap 34 as a base.... n/m

....You still had a weak comparison.

I see what you did there, I'll just let you live in your bubble.

NOT THE DUDE...
07-28-2013, 06:32 PM
....You still had a weak comparison.

I see what you did there, I'll just let you live in your bubble. dareus is a 1 gap nt... and even still, if he was in a 2 gap system you don't want a fatass, you need to be under 10% body fat. vince wilfork is a great example of a player who is good, but could be great if he got in shape

ParanoidAndroid
07-28-2013, 06:38 PM
Yeah. Like Pat Williams and Ted Washington..... do you even watch football? His "genetic potential?" What does that even mean?

Meathead
07-28-2013, 06:47 PM
if just being a fatass qualified you to play DL then the bills should sign wilforks wife

coastal
07-28-2013, 07:18 PM
dareus is a 1 gap nt... and even still, if he was in a 2 gap system you don't want a fatass, you need to be under 10% body fat. vince wilfork is a great example of a player who is good, but could be great if he got in shape
Wtf r u talking about?

vince Wilfork was dominant last year. Flat out dominant.

NOT THE DUDE...
07-28-2013, 08:09 PM
Yeah. Like Pat Williams and Ted Washington..... do you even watch football? His "genetic potential?" What does that even mean?
there are 3 body types, pat Williams and ted Washington were way overweight, and good run stuffers. but could have been way better with less body fat %... top genetic potential would be the least amount of body fat possible and top muscular endurance/and proportional weight while still keeping top athletic traits. you don't want to be too stiff. clearly you are ignorant on fitness...

NOT THE DUDE...
07-28-2013, 08:11 PM
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/what-body-type-are-you.html

- - - Updated - - -

Wtf r u talking about?

vince Wilfork was dominant last year. Flat out dominant.

umm, no he was not dominant lol.... pats run d has been suspect the past few years, and he was good. not dominant, christ

coastal
07-28-2013, 08:31 PM

- - - Updated - - -

umm, no he was not dominant lol.... pats run d has been suspect the past few years, and he was good. not dominant, christi'd start by building a Dline around him.

he's a badass... plain and simple.

http://expatsfootball.com/vince-wilfork-is-indispensable-to-the-patriots-defense/

"In a piece on the most valuable defensive players in the league then, it should come as no surprise that Vince Wilfork made NFL.com’s Adam Schein’s list. In the entire NFL, Schein lists Wilfork as the ninth most valuable player on the defensive side of the field...

...Check out the regular-season snaps played over the last four years for context:

2012: 81.3 percent
2011: 86.8 percent
2010: 69.8 percent
2009: 51.8 percent"

...more...

btw... you're an idiot troll.

ParanoidAndroid
07-28-2013, 08:58 PM

- - - Updated - - -

umm, no he was not dominant lol.... pats run d has been suspect the past few years, and he was good. not dominant, christ

You are the poster boy for googletelligence.

NOT THE DUDE...
07-28-2013, 11:59 PM
i'd start by building a Dline around him.

he's a badass... plain and simple.

http://expatsfootball.com/vince-wilfork-is-indispensable-to-the-patriots-defense/

"In a piece on the most valuable defensive players in the league then, it should come as no surprise that Vince Wilfork made NFL.com’s Adam Schein’s list. In the entire NFL, Schein lists Wilfork as the ninth most valuable player on the defensive side of the field...

...Check out the regular-season snaps played over the last four years for context:

2012: 81.3 percent
2011: 86.8 percent
2010: 69.8 percent
2009: 51.8 percent"

...more...

btw... you're an idiot troll.

adam schein....lol go to pff. either way, his fatass would be better if he was more fit. its basic ****ing common sense...

- - - Updated - - -

You are the poster boy for googletelligence.
except I already knew what to look up... I guess you forgot to think that one through, huh chief?

IlluminatusUIUC
07-29-2013, 12:41 AM
adam schein....lol go to pff. either way, his fatass would be better if he was more fit. its basic ****ing common sense...

You're confusing fitness with weight. No one is suggesting that Dareus sit around on his ass eating cheetos rather than lift weights. But if you want to play him in a role where he occupies a lot of space and occupies blocks, then yes extra bulk is helpful.

Skooby
07-29-2013, 01:28 AM
MD is playing only on 3rd down situations today, just for the record.

NOT THE DUDE...
07-29-2013, 07:49 AM
You're confusing fitness with weight. No one is suggesting that Dareus sit around on his ass eating cheetos rather than lift weights. But if you want to play him in a role where he occupies a lot of space and occupies blocks, then yes extra bulk is helpful.

its not bulk man, its fat and useless weight...

- - - Updated - - -

MD is playing only on 3rd down situations today, just for the record.

I heard he was a little banged up...

IlluminatusUIUC
07-29-2013, 02:32 PM
its not bulk man, its fat and useless weight...

A certain amount of it is not useless. If you want the guy to hold his ground, then adding weight to make him harder to move is a good thing. Look at the traditional nose tackle build: Wilfork 6'2 325. Hampton 6'1 325, BJ Raji 6'2 335, Sione Pouha (played under Pettine) 6'3 325, Kris Jenkins (also played under Pettine) 6'5 360.

Dareus is listed at 6'3 331 on buffalobills.com. If he's set to play a traditional nose tackle role, then that is perfectly fine.

ParanoidAndroid
07-30-2013, 01:54 AM

- - - Updated - - -

except I already knew what to look up... I guess you forgot to think that one through, huh chief?

Holy s***! :rofl: