• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThunderGun
    • Dec 2011

No surprise: Byrd will not report to Training Camp

Per Rotoworld:

Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

Sources tell the Buffalo News that Bills franchise player Jairus Byrd will not report to training camp.

As expected. Technically, Byrd is not "holding out" because he has not signed his one-year $6.916 million franchise tender. Therefore, the Bills can not fine him. Byrd will only feel the pain financially if he skips regular season games, a move we don't expect him to pull off. He'll likely continue to work out on his own and then sign the tender a week or two before the Sept. 8 opener. Byrd and the Bills missed the July 15 deadline to sign a long-term deal. Jul 25 - 1:46 PM
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: No surprise: Byrd will not report to Training Camp

Trying to get the Bills to rescind the tag for next year. He is only hurting himself by missing Camp.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
      • Jun 2024

He has laid down his cards and now needs to follow through until the end of August.

Comment

• Meathead
        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
        • Jul 2002

i dont see any reason why the bills would promise not to tag him again. let him do what he wants, hes not going to forfeit any paychecks so he shows up when he shows up. and if he doesnt negotiate a reasonable deal next offseason then they just tag him again and prepare to move on the following season with somebody else. they get him for two seasons with close to zero risk, no guaranteed money, and time to prepare his successor

with that said, i still hope they find a way to keep him long term but if hes not willing to be reasonable then hes really just hurting himself
        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• stuckincincy
          Buffalo Bills Fan
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
          i dont see any reason why the bills would promise not to tag him again. let him do what he wants, hes not going to forfeit any paychecks so he shows up when he shows up. and if he doesnt negotiate a reasonable deal next offseason then they just tag him again and prepare to move on the following season with somebody else. they get him for two seasons with close to zero risk, no guaranteed money, and time to prepare his successor

with that said, i still hope they find a way to keep him long term but if hes not willing to be reasonable then hes really just hurting himself
          That's good plan for the Bills. The risk would be if he dogs it, or milks injuries. Both of which I doubt - by all accounts I've heard, he's a straight shooter.
          Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

I don't see any way they keep him long term, unless Byrd fires Parker. Too much bad blood.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• EDS
              • Jan 2003

Alienating their best defender should be a winning move for the Bills.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

WTF is wrong with this kid? Damn it to hell. Let him sit and rot.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Does he expect to show up when season starts and automatically start in Pettines system?
                  I doubt he starts and how does he expect to get a bigger paycheck from other teams next year while sitting on the bench?
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• tatersalad
                    • Apr 2008

Buffalo has no reason to rescind that tag next yr. and Parker is just tough to deal with!! I agree whole heartedly they will tag him again, so the who blinks first loses game has started

Comment

• DieHrdBillsFan23
                      Nobody Circles the Wagon, Like the Buffalo Bills
                      • Jan 2006

If they plan on tagging Byrd again next year, they better move quickly to sign Spiller and Wood to long term deals, because they won't have any way to hold on to them when FA starts with a deal in place.
                      Lets Go Buffalo!!!!

Comment

• stuckincincy
                        Buffalo Bills Fan
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                        Does he expect to show up when season starts and automatically start in Pettines system?
                        I doubt he starts and how does he expect to get a bigger paycheck from other teams next year while sitting on the bench?
                        Probably will start. Byrd's a seasoned vet, and moreover, a defensive safety vet - they get an excellent view of offensive formations and tendencies.

I'm happy about the coaching changes - but football has been played for over a hundred years, so I doubt Pettine has descended from the heavens clutching a plan never before seen.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                          Probably will start. Byrd's a seasoned vet, and moreover, a defensive safety vet - they get an excellent view of offensive formations and tendencies.

I'm happy about the coaching changes - but football has been played for over a hundred years, so I doubt Pettine has descended from the heavens clutching a plan never before seen.
                          I agree. But, he may also end up being a headless chicken running around not knowing where he nor his teammates are supposed to be. I'm pretty sure that Wanny and Pettine have different terminologies as well.

Under Wanny , not only did Byrd and his teammates know where they were supposed to be, even the opponents knew. This time, Marrio said himself he doesn't what his position is or who is going to be blitzing.
                          Last edited by justasportsfan; 07-25-2013, 02:35 PM.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• stuckincincy
                            Buffalo Bills Fan
                            • Sep 2003

Under Wanny , not only did Byrd and his teammates know where they were supposed to be, even the opponents knew.
                            Sad but true...

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

I agree. But, he may also end up being a headless chicken running around not knowing where he nor his teammates are supposed to be. I'm pretty sure that Wanny and Pettine have different terminologies as well.

Under Wanny , not only did Byrd and his teammates know where they were supposed to be, even the opponents knew. This time, Marrio said himself he doesn't what his position is or who is going to be blitzing.
                              so, you're saying he's going to be Aaron Williams?
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X