• Show
Clear All
  • MidnightVoice
    Retired (mostly)
    • Mar 2003

Bills will name QB 10 days before season opens

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...e-season-opens

Buffalo Bills will name QB 10 days before season opens

Buffalo Bills quarterback Kevin Kolb saw most of the reps with the first-team offense, while EJ Manuel led the second unit at Sunday's training camp practice.

Coach Doug Marrone praised both equally and said he plans to slide more of the time with the first team toward the rookie, Manuel, until it's "50-50" during camp. And while the first-year coach declined to say who would start the first preseason game, he did put a date on when he would like to choose his regular season starter.

"You like to sit there as a coach and say you'd like that decision to just come up in front of you," Marrone said, per the Associated Press. "Really if you can get 10-12 days prior to that first game, that's when you're going to get pressed for time and have to make a decision on a quarterback. That's when you're probably going to start preparing, 10 days out of the first game."

But to play
    that’s the thing
    shut up and deal
    ~ Jesse May
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Re: Bills will name QB 10 days before season opens

I would like the starting QB to be announced by the 3rd preseason game. That's the main preseason game and around the time that most of the starting positions are won. After that game you have people fighting mostly to make the roster and some minor juggling of the backup depth charts. For the most part the coaches know by that game most of their main depth chart.

I'd like to see whoever the starter is going into the game as the starter and start preparing for the season with the rest of them for that game and afterwards. The last preseason game is just mainly for the coaches to decide the last handful of players that will make the final roster. By him timetable it looks like he plans on coming to a conclusion either leading into that game or after that game.

Comment

• Ed
      Dude
      • Sep 2002

Re: Bills will name QB 10 days before season opens

Originally posted by BillsFever21 View Post
      I would like the starting QB to be announced by the 3rd preseason game. That's the main preseason game and around the time that most of the starting positions are won. After that game you have people fighting mostly to make the roster and some minor juggling of the backup depth charts. For the most part the coaches know by that game most of their main depth chart.

I'd like to see whoever the starter is going into the game as the starter and start preparing for the season with the rest of them for that game and afterwards. The last preseason game is just mainly for the coaches to decide the last handful of players that will make the final roster. By him timetable it looks like he plans on coming to a conclusion either leading into that game or after that game.
      I think he's just saying that 10 days before the season would be the latest that he would make a decision since they have to begin specific game planning at that point. I don't think Marrone will hesitate to name a starter sooner than that if either player steps up.

Comment

Working...
      X