PDA

View Full Version : Canisius Golden Griffins hockey to call Harbor Center home

DetDannyWilliams
07-29-2013, 03:31 PM
Word on the street has been that Canisius College would strike a deal to move its hockey team out of Buffalo State and into the new facilities being built in downtown Buffalo.
Seems that the word becomes official tomorrow -- the Griffs have an agreement with the Buffalo Sabres to make HarborCenter its home rink beginning with the 2014-15 season.
The Griffs have played every regular season home game since the 2009-10 season at Buffalo State's Ice Arena as Canisius does not have an on-campus rink. The program has also spent home game time at the former Pepsi Center and at Nichols. http://blogs.buffalonews.com/campus/2013/07/canisius-hockey-to-move-downtown.html

Rockstar
07-30-2013, 03:11 PM
This is great news for Buffalo in general. Pegula is doing great things for Buffalo. The haters should remember the guy hasn't owned the team for even three freaking years (Feb. 22, 2011)

ckg927
07-30-2013, 07:16 PM
That was one of the worst-kept secrets in Buffalo hockey.

SabreEleven
07-31-2013, 08:09 AM
The Harbor Center is only going to seat 1800? Seems like it should sit more...

Dr. Lecter
07-31-2013, 08:37 AM
I think there are multiple rinks in the building.

coastal
08-04-2013, 08:03 PM
I played briefly for the Golden Griffs before I chose to end my playing career after an injury.

I played the game from the time I was 5 till then. I played on teams with NHLers Aaron Miller and Todd Marchant. Funny thing... I didn't really start learning the game until just that previous year.

in retrospect, I regret walking completely away from the game although I got a great career as a physical therapist as a result.

20 years later, I came back to the game and am playing senior league hockey and managing my son's peewee hockey team.

hockey is the greatest game in the whole world and I love it.

what this has to do with this thread... who the puck knows?