PDA

View Full Version : Players show up for camp saying their all healthy to get their reporting money

Skooby
07-29-2013, 06:24 PM
Then after being at camp & finding a way past the physical, that's when the issues can show up. See these guys are in business to make money & if they're hurt before showing up for work, they don't get the same money as if they show up healthy. So one minute, you're feeling great in an interview. Then camp starts & you're a no go but (and that's a big BUTT), you're collecting your annual salary.
Showing up injured for an athlete is different from the rest of us, they need to be healthy. Keep this all in mind when the "testing" results from camp come out soon, you'll hear all about it & what a shame it is.

Albany,n.y.
07-29-2013, 06:30 PM
This whole premise makes no sense.

BertSquirtgum
07-29-2013, 06:51 PM
Dumb

Skooby
07-29-2013, 06:55 PM
Dumb

This whole premise makes no sense.http://www.3dumbmen.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/bush-confused.jpg (http://www.billszone.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=picture+of+confused+man&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=lW9OTsIBZ5F_sM&tbnid=mW1xM5oIujPJZM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.3dumbmen.com%2F2012%2F12%2Fwhy-does-a-woman-get-annoyed-when-a-man-offers-a-reason-for-a-problem-she-brought-up%2F&ei=8P_2UfT5LJTU8wT_74HIBQ&bvm=bv.49967636,d.aWc&psig=AFQjCNHKoa6ayEWMxURJ7fSOjVP5PMmx3Q&ust=1375228232503422)

The last buffalo fan
07-29-2013, 07:37 PM
Wait a minute!!!

Skooby
07-29-2013, 11:59 PM
Williams shrugged off the past, saying the opening of camp serves as an opportunity for a fresh start. And he sees no reason why the Bills can't be considered contenders.
"It's just as realistic as us standing here right now," Williams said. "At the end of the day, we've just got to go out and we've got to do it. No ifs, ands or buts about it. No excuses."
The Bills came up with plenty of excuses for their woes last year. And that included Williams, who blamed his poor start to the season on a nagging left wrist injury he eventually had surgically repaired after seven games.
"We have to be able to put that behind us," he said. "It's a brand new year, and everything's up for grabs. Everything's up for the taking."

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/07/26/mario-williams-arrives-at-camp-with-super-expectations-for-buffalo-bills/

Does this sounds like a injured man ~3 days ago ?

ParanoidAndroid
07-30-2013, 01:50 AM
I know the grammar police thing on the net is old but you could at least try. Good grief...

Albany,n.y.
07-30-2013, 08:21 AM
3. $8 million option bonus in 2013.

4. $6.5 million base salary in 2013, guaranteed for injury only at the time of signing, fully guaranteed second day of 2013 league year.

So, how does he get less money if he reports to camp with an injury?

OpIv37
07-30-2013, 08:26 AM
3. $8 million option bonus in 2013.

4. $6.5 million base salary in 2013, guaranteed for injury only at the time of signing, fully guaranteed second day of 2013 league year.

So, how does he get less money if he reports to camp with an injury?
Hey man, he's only making $14.5 million this year. If you had to live off that pittance, you'd know that the $40 per diem goes a long way toward making ends meet.

Pinkerton Security
07-30-2013, 08:56 AM
if they're hurt before showing up for work, they don't get the same money as if they show up healthy.

Please post some shred of evidence that this is true instead of taking you at your word, because I cant say I trust this factoid. If its untrue, then your whole post is BS, which seems to be the norm.

Skooby
07-30-2013, 09:12 AM
Please post some shred of evidence that this is true instead of taking you at your word, because I cant say I trust this factoid. If its untrue, then your whole post is BS, which seems to be the norm.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/mario-williams/ See the MISC part for 2013 ?? Devil in the details.

gebobs
07-30-2013, 09:18 AM
and that's a big BUTTLeave Dareus out of this.

Pinkerton Security
07-30-2013, 09:31 AM
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/mario-williams/ See the MISC part for 2013 ?? Devil in the details.

What details? My theory is that if they show up, regardless of whether they are injured or not, they get that bonus, so it makes no sense to pretend to be healthy since they'll get it either way. Post some evidence otherwise, not some random numbers that you are guessing at.

GingerP
07-30-2013, 10:39 AM
What details? My theory is that if they show up, regardless of whether they are injured or not, they get that bonus, so it makes no sense to pretend to be healthy since they'll get it either way. Post some evidence otherwise, not some random numbers that you are guessing at.

He has no bonus due. Next year he has a large roster bonus due early in the league year ($10.8M), but this year he has already been paid his workout bonus ($500K) and option bonus ($8M). His salary, guaranteed for 2013, gets paid weekly when the season starts. The $2.1M in "Misc" spotrac link he posted is made up of $1.6M pro-rated of his $8M option bonus and $500K in workout bonus. The details are down the bottom.

Pinkerton Security
07-30-2013, 11:22 AM
He has no bonus due. Next year he has a large roster bonus due early in the league year ($10.8M), but this year he has already been paid his workout bonus ($500K) and option bonus ($8M). His salary, guaranteed for 2013, gets paid weekly when the season starts. The $2.1M in "Misc" spotrac link he posted is made up of $1.6M pro-rated of his $8M option bonus and $500K in workout bonus. The details are down the bottom.

Oh really? wow, wonderful. Then why is this thread about how he supposedly wouldnt get some sort of money if he showed up injured? Do you not get the premise of the original post, or of my post?

Uncle Jesse
07-30-2013, 11:38 AM
My guess is the vets don't wanna go through the rigors of training camp. Bruce Smith was known for it.

gebobs
07-30-2013, 12:20 PM
My guess is the vets don't wanna go through the rigors of training camp.They should just get rid of training camp and preseason. Athletes today don't need it like those milquetoasts of years gone by. Mario Williams is a future HOFer for gosh sakes. Training camp is just going to dull his innate ability!

Or how about make camp optional. Have each team vote if they want to hold camp. Simple majority. We'll see soon enough which teams will be in the playoffs.