• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Why Players don't want to play for the Bills... Case and point

Mario Williams

Guy is a great player.

He didn't win defensive MVP and you idiots are wanting him gone.

Guy has a foot injury and has missed a few practices and you want him cut.

How stupid.

People around here are always so quick to run talent out of this town.

WHY? Is it to save money which is not ours when we are 20 mil+ under the cap?

Who would we replace him with?

Give me some legitimate reasons for this idiocy.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Why Players don't want to play for the Bills... Case and point

actually players like playing here because of the fans. We're not as hard on the players as NYorkers are. If the players cant take the heat from bills fans, they need to go play somehwere else.

I gave Mario the benefit of the doubt last year because of crappy coaching. I'm starting to think he's a crybaby with his injuries. Travis Henry played half a season with a broken leg. Fitz played with a cracked rib. Neither of them were being paid 100M . Mario has this season to play like a franchise player . No more excuses.

Don't want to hear that he is mending a broken heart either.
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 07-30-2013, 10:20 AM.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Thurmal
      • Oct 2005

I agree with you for the most part, but I think people are getting upset because:

A) this is the second year in a row that he has come into camp with some mysterious injury that no one else seems to know about
      B) there always seems to be something going on with him
      C) given his offseason, people are going to be skeptical about why he is leaving camp
      "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

Corey this isn't exclusive to Buffalo it happens everywhere.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
          I agree with you for the most part, but I think people are getting upset because:

A) this is the second year in a row that he has come into camp with some mysterious injury that no one else seems to know about
          C) given his offseason, people are going to be skeptical about why he is leaving camp
          Who cares about this though. Why would this bother anyone??? Such thinned skin around here. SUCH HATERS!

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post
            Who cares about this though. Why would this bother anyone??? Such thinned skin around here. SUCH HATERS!
            because we expect him to play like a 100M player which he hasn't yet?He's had his wrist and Wanny as an excuse last year. I hope he doesn't use his sore foot as an excuse this year.
            sacrifice1

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post

Remember Bruce Smith ? He did this EVERY year, even before he was an established star. The foot, the shoulder, the neck...it was always something.

This guy was here for OTA's and was putting in the time. The foot flared up and the timing can be questioned... but I'll wait for the DR. report before going all TMZ scandal over it. He's a prima donna and we all get that.

How he plays on Sunday in Sept- Jan is all that matters to me. They are all overpaid mercenaries
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                • Sep 2003

"case in point".
                "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post
                  Mario Williams

Guy is a great player.

He didn't win defensive MVP and you idiots are wanting him gone.

Guy has a foot injury and has missed a few practices and you want him cut.

How stupid.

People around here are always so quick to run talent out of this town.

WHY? Is it to save money which is not ours when we are 20 mil+ under the cap?

Who would we replace him with?

Give me some legitimate reasons for this idiocy.
                  Well, first your premise is flawed. Mario Williams and other players don't care what a bunch of people say on a message board.

Second, it's the age of the salary cap and Mario's play isn't anywhere close to proportional to his cap hit. That's money that can't be used to sign other players or even re-sign our own guys. If Mario is getting 15 sacks a year, oh well- that's what it costs. When he's constantly hurt and not all that great when he isn't hurt, now we have a problem.

Hell this is the whole problem with Bills fans. They get enamored with a player because he was a high draft pick or used to be good for some other team or because he's a "blue collar" guy, and they lose the ability to see when that player becomes a detriment to the team.

To be fair, I don't think Mario has become a detriment yet, but he is well on his way. It's all about performance on the field NOW- not what he's done in the past and not whether or not you like the guy.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Zero
                    Primary Objective: Buffalo Bills- Super Bowl Champs
                    • Oct 2004

I believe it's case "in" point...

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Zero View Post
                      I believe it's case "in" point...
                      This thread is starting to resemble a Trailer Park Boys script.

" Worse case Ontario, no one want him to be hurt ! "
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• imbondz
                        Democrats are people too
                        • Jan 2003

If Mario wasn't a completely different player after his surgery last year, i'd be concerned about another injury. But, if we think these guys love football, why wouldn't they want to be practicing / playing. I'm not worried at all. I'll check back during the season and judge Mario's 2nd year with us.
                        My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                          • Sep 2004

Mario can skip camp for all I care. I know what he's capable of and he just needs to come out and be 100% himself Week 1, that's all that matters to me.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LindellSucks View Post
                            Mario can skip camp for all I care. I know what he's capable of and he just needs to come out and be 100% himself Week 1, that's all that matters to me.
                            what ever that is, he hasn't done it here in Buffalo. I don't care what he did in Houston, he needs to play 2X better than Aaron Schobel.
                            Last edited by justasportsfan; 07-30-2013, 11:41 AM.
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• Gilly
                              Go Sabres!!
                              • Sep 2012

Bruce Smith played this game every year himself...

As long as Mario is ready for the opener who cares?

“A calm and modest life brings more happiness than the pursuit of success combined with constant restlessness,"

Comment

Working...
                              X