• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Umm... As far as pressers go, I like Marrone

Good for him for getting after that douche who pestered him on Mario today. Screw the media. Then he goes and immediately continues without skipping a beat or acting like it bothered him beyond that. He handled it and moved on. I like it.

He's no nonsense. I like it.

I also like that he always has his players backs. It will be interesting to see what the players say about how he runs TC. Because it seems like he's a disciplinarian and a hard ass. Yet, publicly he backs his players. I like it.

• justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Umm... As far as pressers go, I like Marrone

that reporter was wasting everyone's time.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BillsFever21
      • Aug 2004

It's still too early to tell. I have a lot of promise for him but lets wait and see how he does on the field. How he talks in the media has noting to do with his head coaching abilities.

I remember when Gregg Williams was hired his attitude was a breath of fresh air compared to a scared pansy we listened to in Wade Phillips for years before him. It didn't work out in the standings though.

Comment

• more cowbell
        • Apr 2006

This can VERY WELL change the second the team starts playing games....lol....but....so far...I love every single thing Marrone has done since he's walked in the building.
        The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• Fixxxer
          • Jul 2002

btw, who was that reporter? Talk about annoying.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

Oh goodie!

We're gonna do this again with the coach if we like him or not.

Jauron had no emotion so he was terrible. Gailey was more open and honest so he was great.

I couldn't care less what the guy says during press conferences, hell for all I care he could just never give one...

The only thing that matters is if we can win games.

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

It doesn't matter. He needs to make game day decisions that can't be pointed to in factors to losses...and he needs productivity from the QB position. I don't think we have seen anyone who stuck by his players like Gailey did. What do you think that "it's his turn" stuff was really about? Gailey left completely deflated because Fitz is a very inconsistent QB. Hell, even consistent mediocrity you can plan around...but never knowing what you are getting is a coach killer from the QB position. And the defense was LAME! I'm surprised Gailey even lived through the failure he experienced last year...

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

Williams probably would have won a superbowl given the talent Phillips had. I doubt he ever would have had the "it's too late" speech in Indy too!

Originally posted by BillsFever21 View Post
                It's still too early to tell. I have a lot of promise for him but lets wait and see how he does on the field. How he talks in the media has noting to do with his head coaching abilities.

I remember when Gregg Williams was hired his attitude was a breath of fresh air compared to a scared pansy we listened to in Wade Phillips for years before him. It didn't work out in the standings though.

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

what interview are you guys referring to?
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• vanbillsfan
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Fixxxer View Post
                    btw, who was that reporter? Talk about annoying.
                    apparently it was John Wawrow (AP writer). Sully was praising him yesterday on WGR too.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by BillsFever21 View Post

What the HELL are you talking about?

Wade Phillips is not only a GOOD Coach, but players play hard for him..............They RESPECT him.

Gregg Williams on the other hand was an IDIOT when he Coaches the Bills.

Aside from dismantling a VERY GOOD Defense, he BLEW Air horns at 6 AM in the Dorms. STUPID STUPID STUPID.

The players HATED Greggo from day one.

I don't know what you wiffed when Gregg was HC, but it sure wasn't fresh air.

Comment

• Meathead
                        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                        • Jul 2002

meh these early ones are honeymoon interviews. hank bullough would look smart and no nonsense at this point. ok not hank but anybody else
                        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                          meh these early ones are honeymoon interviews. hank bullough would look smart and no nonsense at this point. ok not hank but anybody else
                          I disagree. The honeymoon was the interview after Marrone was hired.

The Honeymoon is over.

Going into TC, is like returning HOME from the honeymoon & when the reality of daily living sets in.

Marrone let the Media know he will not suffer fools & their foolish questions.

Marrone has set the tone of how he expects the media to act.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                            Oh goodie!

We're gonna do this again with the coach if we like him or not.

Jauron had no emotion so he was terrible. Gailey was more open and honest so he was great.

I couldn't care less what the guy says during press conferences, hell for all I care he could just never give one...

The only thing that matters is if we can win games.
                            The press can prop up a guy if they like him or skewer him if they don't.

It doesn't matter if either is deserved, the press has to write something, so it will be positive or negative based on personal bias.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

the one guy I like when it comes to interviews when it comes to not telling media anything is Bellicheat. BB is all business and no none sense and doesn't want to give anything away. Thing is, he backs it up with winning. Marrone strikes me like as a milder BB where Marrone is nicer to media. Hope he can back up his "straight shooter" approach with wins and not keep saying, "I need to see review the tape" ALA DJ.
                              Last edited by justasportsfan; 07-31-2013, 09:08 AM.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X