• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Kolb Struggling?

The Buffalo Bills will have a new quarterback this year. Whether it will be Kevin Kolb or first-round draft pick E.J, Manuel remains to be seen.However, early impressions don’t seem to be favorable for Kolb.According to Jay Skurski of the Buffalo News, the first few days of camp for Kolb have left a lot to be desired.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Swiper
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2010

Re: Kolb Struggling?

Doesn't sound inspiring.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Manuel should be starting immediately, regardless.

Growing pains are expected in year 1 of a new regime with lots of youth at the offensive skill positions. ( Rookies Manuel,Woods, Goodwin etc. ).

So grow together along with Spiller, Fred Jackson SJ,Chandler and more. Let the OL gel and get used to their new QB.

Done with the short term stop gaps, 13 years and running.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
        Manuel should be starting immediately, regardless.

Growing pains are expected in year 1 of a new regime with lots of youth at the offensive skill positions. ( Rookies Manuel,Woods, Goodwin etc. ).

So grow together along with Spiller, Fred Jackson SJ,Chandler and more. Let the OL gel and get used to their new QB.

Done with the short term stop gaps, 13 years and running.
        Unless Kolb ends up looking noticeably superior we should start EJ.

That said, Kolb may look best in game situations where he can rely on his experience. So, the preseason games may be where this gets decided.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Seems like he's very inaccurate with his passes.

Comment

• coastal
            Legendary Zoner
            • Mar 2005

Kolb isn't lighting it up?

shocking!

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

supposedly the D is throwing more at Kolb as compared to when EJ is in there as per Marrone. With that being said, I hope that EJ gets it soone than later. He is definitely more talented than Kolb.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                Sab and TD are insignificant
                • Sep 2002

Relaxes folks, I have peered into my crystal ball at the future, and it is good... Like early career donovan mcnabb, or roethlisberger minus the habitual rapings.
                www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• GingerP
                  • Aug 2012

Kolb is terrible, so it isn't surprising he is struggling.

It is encouraging that Manual is showing some of the talent that they drafted him for and looking like he might have a chance. I know it is only training camp practices, but it is nice to see him show top athleticism and a big arm.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • May 2009

The world is imploding. Oh no.

Comment

• Famous Amos
                      • Jul 2013

That is fine, it should make it easier to decide to start Manuel.
                      "Hate is a lack of imagination."
                      -Graham Greene

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

As much as I dislike the idea of Kolb as our starter, I hope he starts over Manuel for a good portion of this season.

Our OL took a step back and our WR's are inexperienced (outside of Stevie). And the whole squad is learning a new offense. That's a really BAD combination for a QB. I don't want to see Manuel get shell-shocked because he's running for his life and no WR's are open. A lot of potentially good QB's have been destroyed that way. People see guys like Luck or RGIII step in and start right away, but Manuel isn't on their level. He's going to need to be brought along more slowly than that.

Of course, the reality is that it probably won't matter because Kolb will be hurt before October anyway.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Captain Obvious
                          I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                          People see guys like Luck or RGIII step in and start right away,
                          You're forgetting a rookie QB from last year who was very good and he wasn't a 1st Round pick.

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
                            You're forgetting a rookie QB from last year who was very good and he wasn't a 1st Round pick.
                            Yeah well, different guy, different situation with the team.

The point is that we're not winning this year anyway, so we might as well be smart about bringing Manuel along slowly instead of throwing him to the wolves.
                            Last edited by OpIv37; 07-31-2013, 04:00 PM.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                              As much as I dislike the idea of Kolb as our starter, I hope he starts over Manuel for a good portion of this season.

Our OL took a step back and our WR's are inexperienced (outside of Stevie). And the whole squad is learning a new offense. That's a really BAD combination for a QB. I don't want to see Manuel get shell-shocked because he's running for his life and no WR's are open. A lot of potentially good QB's have been destroyed that way. People see guys like Luck or RGIII step in and start right away, but Manuel isn't on their level. He's going to need to be brought along more slowly than that.

Of course, the reality is that it probably won't matter because Kolb will be hurt before October anyway.
                              These are my thoughts as well except for the part about the WR's not getting open.

With CJ & Stevie & the speed of TJ, I expect the rookies will NOT be double covered. I expect the Bills WR's to be 7-11 OPEN.

This Bills team has WEAPONS on offense if Marrone decides to use them, which I expect him to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X