PDA

View Full Version : Kolb Struggling?

The King
07-31-2013, 06:03 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/31/report-kevin-kolb-struggling-in-bills-camp/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

The Buffalo Bills will have a new quarterback this year. Whether it will be Kevin Kolb (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4151/kevin-kolb) or first-round draft pick E.J, Manuel remains to be seen.However, early impressions don’t seem to be favorable for Kolb.According to Jay Skurski of the Buffalo News, the first few days of camp for Kolb have left a lot to be desired (http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130729/SPORTS/130729033/1082).

swiper
07-31-2013, 06:21 AM
Doesn't sound inspiring.

Night Train
07-31-2013, 06:30 AM
Manuel should be starting immediately, regardless.

Growing pains are expected in year 1 of a new regime with lots of youth at the offensive skill positions. ( Rookies Manuel,Woods, Goodwin etc. ).

So grow together along with Spiller, Fred Jackson SJ,Chandler and more. Let the OL gel and get used to their new QB.

Done with the short term stop gaps, 13 years and running.

X-Era
07-31-2013, 06:39 AM
Manuel should be starting immediately, regardless.

Growing pains are expected in year 1 of a new regime with lots of youth at the offensive skill positions. ( Rookies Manuel,Woods, Goodwin etc. ).

So grow together along with Spiller, Fred Jackson SJ,Chandler and more. Let the OL gel and get used to their new QB.

Done with the short term stop gaps, 13 years and running.
Unless Kolb ends up looking noticeably superior we should start EJ.

That said, Kolb may look best in game situations where he can rely on his experience. So, the preseason games may be where this gets decided.

Mr. Miyagi
07-31-2013, 07:17 AM
Seems like he's very inaccurate with his passes.

coastal
07-31-2013, 07:34 AM
Kolb isn't lighting it up?

shocking!

justasportsfan
07-31-2013, 09:09 AM
supposedly the D is throwing more at Kolb as compared to when EJ is in there as per Marrone. With that being said, I hope that EJ gets it soone than later. He is definitely more talented than Kolb.

ublinkwescore
07-31-2013, 10:34 AM
Relaxes folks, I have peered into my crystal ball at the future, and it is good... Like early career donovan mcnabb, or roethlisberger minus the habitual rapings.

GingerP
07-31-2013, 11:19 AM
Kolb is terrible, so it isn't surprising he is struggling.

It is encouraging that Manual is showing some of the talent that they drafted him for and looking like he might have a chance. I know it is only training camp practices, but it is nice to see him show top athleticism and a big arm.

BertSquirtgum
07-31-2013, 11:25 AM
The world is imploding. Oh no.

Famous Amos
07-31-2013, 01:33 PM
That is fine, it should make it easier to decide to start Manuel.

OpIv37
07-31-2013, 03:40 PM
As much as I dislike the idea of Kolb as our starter, I hope he starts over Manuel for a good portion of this season.

Our OL took a step back and our WR's are inexperienced (outside of Stevie). And the whole squad is learning a new offense. That's a really BAD combination for a QB. I don't want to see Manuel get shell-shocked because he's running for his life and no WR's are open. A lot of potentially good QB's have been destroyed that way. People see guys like Luck or RGIII step in and start right away, but Manuel isn't on their level. He's going to need to be brought along more slowly than that.

Of course, the reality is that it probably won't matter because Kolb will be hurt before October anyway.

Captain Obvious
07-31-2013, 03:50 PM
People see guys like Luck or RGIII step in and start right away,

You're forgetting a rookie QB from last year who was very good and he wasn't a 1st Round pick.

OpIv37
07-31-2013, 03:58 PM
You're forgetting a rookie QB from last year who was very good and he wasn't a 1st Round pick.

Yeah well, different guy, different situation with the team.

The point is that we're not winning this year anyway, so we might as well be smart about bringing Manuel along slowly instead of throwing him to the wolves.

better days
07-31-2013, 04:55 PM
As much as I dislike the idea of Kolb as our starter, I hope he starts over Manuel for a good portion of this season.

Our OL took a step back and our WR's are inexperienced (outside of Stevie). And the whole squad is learning a new offense. That's a really BAD combination for a QB. I don't want to see Manuel get shell-shocked because he's running for his life and no WR's are open. A lot of potentially good QB's have been destroyed that way. People see guys like Luck or RGIII step in and start right away, but Manuel isn't on their level. He's going to need to be brought along more slowly than that.

Of course, the reality is that it probably won't matter because Kolb will be hurt before October anyway.

These are my thoughts as well except for the part about the WR's not getting open.

With CJ & Stevie & the speed of TJ, I expect the rookies will NOT be double covered. I expect the Bills WR's to be 7-11 OPEN.

This Bills team has WEAPONS on offense if Marrone decides to use them, which I expect him to do.

BillsFever21
07-31-2013, 07:24 PM
I don't care if Kolb wins the starting job or not. This team isn't going anywhere this season and he will most likely either be injured or benched due to bad play halfway through the season. Either way Manuel is the hopefully the future of this team and will get the chance.

My only goal for the team this season is for Marrone, Manuel and the other players to develop and show some progress towards next year with hopefully a good chance of competing for the playoffs by 2015. If Marrone and/or Manuel end up a failure that will push it back even further. Especially if Manuel is because then we still need to find a QB. Even if Whaley ends up a failure that will put the brakes on any progression of the team if he isn't putting the talent on the field or re-signing/signing the right players.

BillsFever21
07-31-2013, 07:29 PM

That is an exception and not the rule. Wilson also has a much better team around him along with a more established coaching staff that used his talents right. That makes a huge difference.

We know that the Bills lack the talent that the Seahawks have. Whether the coaching staff will turn out to be on par is yet to be seen. That's the most important part on gameday is having good coaches.

BigZ
08-01-2013, 05:08 PM
The defense is throwing the book at Kolb. I still think he starts for about half the season.

OpIv37
08-01-2013, 08:18 PM
The defense is throwing the book at Kolb. I still think he starts for about half the season.

You mean the defensive squad that was ranked 26th last year and is learning a new system this year is throwing the book at him in practice and THAT's why he's struggling?

It's practice for the defense too. What's going to happen when a GOOD D throws the book at him in a real game?

Meathead
08-02-2013, 07:58 PM
BREAKING NEWS: Nothing has been decided on Day 3 of camp. Nobody will even remember what happened one week from now. Full empty details at eleven.

The last buffalo fan
08-02-2013, 08:12 PM
You mean the defensive squad that was ranked 26th last year and is learning a new system this year is throwing the book at him in practice and THAT's why he's struggling?

It's practice for the defense too. What's going to happen when a GOOD D throws the book at him in a real game?

Time for EJ and a better spot on next year's draft. A win-win situation for us the fans.