PDA

View Full Version : Well, that didn't take long, Kolb hurts his knee

GingerP
08-03-2013, 08:33 AM
Slipped on a mat on the way to practice, trainers were looking at his knee. I knew the guy was injury-prone, but I figured he'd at least make it to a game first.

https://twitter.com/SalSports/status/363643012246945792

Mr. Miyagi
08-03-2013, 08:41 AM
The tweet doesn't say slipping on a mat. Sal said tripped on his way to the field.

EJ is getting the firmer grip on the starting job now. :up:

feldspar
08-03-2013, 08:57 AM
Comical, yet not really funny. You can't make this stuff up.

feldspar
08-03-2013, 09:03 AM
The tweet doesn't say slipping on a mat. Sal said tripped on his way to the field.

EJ is getting the firmer grip on the starting job now. :up:

Bills QB Kevin Kolb slips on rubber mat at training camp, hurts left knee

"As he ran, Kolb slipped on a wet rubber mat and stumbled awkwardly at the Bills training camp facility in suburban Rochester on Saturday.

Though, he did not fall, he had trouble standing and put his arm around the shoulder of head trainer Bud Carpenter. Kolb then tossed down his helmet in frustration, before sitting down on the field."

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/08/03/bills-qb-kevin-kolb-slips-on-rubber-mat-at-training-camp-hurts-left-knee/

mead107
08-03-2013, 09:10 AM
Ej # 1 tuel#2 smith#3

Night Train
08-03-2013, 09:13 AM
If so, look for a Vet to be signed very soon.

Meathead
08-03-2013, 09:16 AM
the good news is that the report is coming from fox news so hes probably fine

feldspar
08-03-2013, 09:16 AM
Ej # 1 tuel#2 smith#3

EJ #1
Tuel #2
Smith WR

Meathead
08-03-2013, 09:17 AM

how about a seventh rounder for fitzpatrick?

Fixxxer
08-03-2013, 09:21 AM
Duke Williams also to the locker room early.

THATHURMANATOR
08-03-2013, 09:23 AM
WOW

alohabillsfan
08-03-2013, 09:40 AM
Tuel as back up? Are you freaking kidding me? If EJ starts you need a vet BU to help him IMO

Novacane
08-03-2013, 09:59 AM
Unbelievable. Hope it's not to bad.

Jan Reimers
08-03-2013, 10:06 AM

Maybe just bad enough to give Manuel the additional reps to win the starting job, but Kolb to return in time to be a healthy number 2.

ServoBillieves
08-03-2013, 10:17 AM
A slapstick smack to the face. That's... wow that's sad...

Fixxxer
08-03-2013, 10:19 AM
Hey Kolb, you mat bro?

kishoph
08-03-2013, 10:45 AM

Marrone said he should only be out a few days.

ckg927
08-03-2013, 10:49 AM

From that same story: "Buffalo Bills head coach Doug Marrone said the injury is not serious and expects the quarterback to return to practice within days."

(The one above me got to it first...)

GingerP
08-03-2013, 11:08 AM
If Manual gets all the first team work over the next few days, I wonder if he gets the start in the first game on the 11th? Seems if he gets the bulk of the prep, he should play.

OLDSRIP
08-03-2013, 11:21 AM
the good news is that the report is coming from fox news so hes probably fine

Did they blame it on Obama?

Mr. Miyagi
08-03-2013, 11:40 AM
We have no reason to hate Kevin Kolb so much already, other than the fact that we're all rooting for EJ to win the job.

I hope Kolb gets better so he can be healthy to be EJ's backup.

BillsFever21
08-03-2013, 11:45 AM
This is just too funny. I wondered if he would make it through the preseason games without some type of injury and if he played the regular season I figured he would get hurt by the first month or so.

The guy can't even make it from one practice field to the other without getting injured. Anybody who thought this guy could stay healthy and start peaking as our starting QB when we first signed him was dreaming. Anybody who still thinks that now is just delusional. If this guy sneezes he has a 50/50 chance of breaking his ribs.

I was fine at first to let this guy start opening day and after he was injured by the first month or two let the Manuel era begin then. I don't even want to see him start the first week of the year now. Manuel is looking good in practice and if he continues to then let him start from day one. I don't care to see Kolb one bit this season.

BertSquirtgum
08-03-2013, 12:07 PM
I would just like to know why the rubber mat was wet if players were going to be running on it. Those things are slippery as hell when wet.

better days
08-03-2013, 12:17 PM
Well, I guess we should be thankful it was Kolb & not EJ that got injured.

ublinkwescore
08-03-2013, 12:26 PM
Well, I guess we should be thankful it was Kolb & not EJ that got injured.

Every one knows all the moisture on the mats will part to clear a path for EJ Manuel.

jimmifli
08-03-2013, 01:50 PM
I would just like to know why the rubber mat was wet if players were going to be running on it. Those things are slippery as hell when wet.
I bet Marrone dodges all the questions about who placed the rubber mat at the next press conference.

OpIv37
08-03-2013, 02:06 PM

I hear Tavaris Jackson is available....

Thunderkyss
08-03-2013, 02:43 PM
To each his own, but if I were a Bills fan, the last thing I would want is for Ej to start because he "has" to. I'd want Kolb in there at least through the first 4 to 6 weeks to make sure the OL can do their job, that the run game will be there to help out the young QB, & that the defense can hold it's own.

No sense throwing the future of the team out there without the support he needs to be successful. We don't want him picking up bad habits because he has to compensate for a weak team.

I know... I know... Kaepernick & Russel Wilson & RG3 looked amazing last season. But I guarantee you two of those three will take a step back (ala Cam "Superman" Newton) in 2013, when their coaches try to get them to play like NFL QBs.

I'm a bit of a Texas homer & would like for Kolb to play well & earn himself a starting job somewhere if not in Buffalo... but at the very least I want a tackling dummy out there before I throw my future out there if I were a Bills fan.

Mace
08-03-2013, 06:28 PM

Well sure but you also know not to try running on them when you are prone to getting hurt because they are slippery as hell when wet and you want to resurrect your career promise.

I feel bad for Kolb, but it's kind of funny at the same time. In any case he's young and talented enough where he'll still get his chances to step in or up. You can't really guarantee Manuel's durability either and it sort of wouldn't really surprise me to see Tuel end up getting regular season snaps just due to fickle fate.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-03-2013, 08:41 PM
It's the front page on Yahoo.com lmao

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/kevin-kolb-slips-rubber-mats-leading-practice-field-140518541.html

BillsFever21
08-03-2013, 08:50 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/kevin-kolb-slips-rubber-mats-leading-practice-field-140518541.html

I noticed that myself. Nothing like the Bills making the front page of Yahoo because of their injury prone QB injuring himself once again just moving to the next practice field.

Does anyone seriously think this guy can stay healthy during a season? He has never came close in his career and he's lucky to make it through preseason without getting dinged up. Now he can't even make it through practice. If he hurts himself slipping and falling then what do you think is going to happen when 300 pound guys are falling on him? He's going to get injured like he has every single time in his career.

This guy is even worse then Rob Johnson. Johnson was injured a lot but he also played through many injuries when many players wouldn't. Kolb's tolerance for pain has to be one of the lowest in the league. Maybe he should get a headband and him and Mark Sanchez can go play soccer together. That would probably still be too physical for him.

Mace
08-03-2013, 10:24 PM

Kind of figured, people like to chuckle at us.

I sure hope Manuel is very not funny and looks as casually supreme at the podium as he always does after a few Super Bowl championships. "You guys laughed at Kolb right, look at his rings, anyway, we have 5, I'd like 10, he'll wave too. (Kolb then photobombs him in a set of Bills colored casts and a diaper)".

One of these days it all has to work out right, doesn't it ?

CoolBreeze
08-03-2013, 11:18 PM
Last year he had his ribs separated from his sternum. So, that's being made of glass? Have you ever had that happen?I've had that same thing. Death would be more comfortable. So if a guy gets a concussion he's a pussy? True, he has some bad luck, no doubt it. To suggest he has a low pain tolerance is laughable. I'd also bet my life he could kick your a$$.
I noticed that myself. Nothing like the Bills making the front page of Yahoo because of their injury prone QB injuring himself once again just moving to the next practice field.

Does anyone seriously think this guy can stay healthy during a season? He has never came close in his career and he's lucky to make it through preseason without getting dinged up. Now he can't even make it through practice. If he hurts himself slipping and falling then what do you think is going to happen when 300 pound guys are falling on him? He's going to get injured like he has every single time in his career.

This guy is even worse then Rob Johnson. Johnson was injured a lot but he also played through many injuries when many players wouldn't. Kolb's tolerance for pain has to be one of the lowest in the league. Maybe he should get a headband and him and Mark Sanchez can go play soccer together. That would probably still be too physical for him.

BillsFever21
08-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Last year he had his ribs separated from his sternum. So, that's being made of glass? Have you ever had that happen?I've had that same thing. Death would be more comfortable. So if a guy gets a concussion he's a pussy? True, he has some bad luck, no doubt it. To suggest he has a low pain tolerance is laughable. I'd also bet my life he could kick your a$$.

Some people can stay healthy and others can't. Sure separated ribs aren't any fun but this guy is always injured at one point or another and missing NFL games. You are taking one isolated injury out of his multiple injuries. Almost every game he plays he gets dinged up or is out for weeks/season with an injury within 4-6 weeks. It was like that since he first stepped on an NFL field. Some guys just aren't cut out for hits you take in the NFL.

Every other QB and player gets hit too. Some rarely ever miss time but the majority of players will get injured at one point or another. It just seems to happen to Kolb more then any other QB in the league and on a regular basis. Just like it did with Rob Johnson.

better days
08-05-2013, 11:12 AM
I hear Tavaris Jackson is available....

No, he isn't, the Seahawks signed him.

malvado78
08-05-2013, 11:57 AM
He is through trade. Bills could have him for a 4th...
:scratch:

Ginger Vitis
08-05-2013, 12:23 PM
Kolb's tolerance for pain has to be one of the lowest in the league.

There it is you clearly said Kolb has a low pain tolerance. The issue Cool Breeze is trying to make has nothing to do with how often Kolb gets injured. You made a erroneous assumption got called out on it and are deflecting to cover up for the fact you were wrong

Bill Cody
08-05-2013, 12:56 PM

Surveillance cameras show EJ with a hose in his hand walking away from the mat.:jk:

Bill Cody
08-05-2013, 12:58 PM
This is just too funny.

no

better days
08-05-2013, 06:16 PM
He is through trade. Bills could have him for a 4th...
:scratch:

DOUBTFUL, the Seahawks would probably want a 2nd from the Bills.

better days
08-05-2013, 06:18 PM
Some people can stay healthy and others can't. Sure separated ribs aren't any fun but this guy is always injured at one point or another and missing NFL games. You are taking one isolated injury out of his multiple injuries. Almost every game he plays he gets dinged up or is out for weeks/season with an injury within 4-6 weeks. It was like that since he first stepped on an NFL field. Some guys just aren't cut out for hits you take in the NFL.

Every other QB and player gets hit too. Some rarely ever miss time but the majority of players will get injured at one point or another. It just seems to happen to Kolb more then any other QB in the league and on a regular basis. Just like it did with Rob Johnson.

If Tom Brady had played behind the Philly or Arizona line Kolb was behind, he would have been injured as well, even with his quick release.