PDA

View Full Version : 53 Man Roster Prediction

DraftBoy
08-04-2013, 08:51 AM
I remeber Yardie had this last year and I went back 5 or 6 pages but didn't see one this year. We are week into camp now so may as well start looking at it. Here is mine;

QB-Manuel, Kolb (2)
RB-Spiller, Jackson, Gaskins (3)
WR-Johnson, Graham, Goodwin, Rogers, Woods, Smith, Easley (7)
TE-Chandler, Smith, Gragg (3)
OT-Glenn, Hairston, Pears, Welch, Hills (5)
OG-Urbik, Legursky, Caldwell (3)
C-Wood, Brown (2)
DE-Dareus, M. Williams, Carrington, Gilbert (4)
DT-K. Williams, Branch, Ross, (3)
OLB-Lawson, Hughes, Blatnick, White, Pough (5)
ILB-Alonso, Bradham, Dowtin (3)
CB-Gilmore, McKelvin, Brooks, Heath, Robey (5)
FS-Byrd, A. Williams (2)
SS-Searcy, D. Williams, Meeks (3)
K-Hopkins (1)
P-Powell-(1)
LS-Sanborn (1)

Practice Squad-
QB Jeff Tuel
RB Zack Brown
TE Nick Provo
OT/OG Zebrie Sanders
OG Zach Chibane
DL Corbin Bryant
DB Jumalle Rolle

Notes:
-Only carrying two QB's with Smith being emergency QB to save the active roster spot.
-I think both Caldwell and Hills were brought in because they were better than some of the hold overs (Sam Young, Zebrie Sanders, etc.).
-Went with 7 WR's over 4 TE's because Easley has been making plays in camp and he's not PS eligible where as a young TE like Provo is.
-Gaskins adds the power RB role that we lack and I think Choice is gone.
-I put Byrd and Hairston on the roster though each may not be there due to hold out and injury.
-Team has decent depth but I worry about the SAF and LB rotations.

ServoBillieves
08-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Pretty much the same as I have it written up...

stuckincincy
08-04-2013, 01:11 PM
It looks like an expansion team that got awarded a couple of names...

SpikedLemonade
08-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Good job.

I don't buy into Smith sticking as a 7th WR because he can be an emergency QB. He is either one of 4th best WRs or they cut him for a younger WR.

I just don't see us keeping 7 WRs.

Say what you want but unless the coaching is extraordinary from day one, that roster currently has the talent of a 3-13 team.

I pray we are healthy this year.

If we are not, that will be the meme this year for our poor record when the truth is that the talent is not there yet.

Buddy failed us.

DraftBoy
08-04-2013, 02:23 PM
Good job.

I don't buy into Smith sticking as a 7th WR because he can be an emergency QB. He is either one of 4th best WRs or they cut him for a younger WR.

I just don't see us keeping 7 WRs.

Say what you want but unless the coaching is extraordinary from day one, that roster currently has the talent of a 3-13 team.

I pray we are healthy this year.

If we are not, that will be the meme this year for our poor record when the truth is that the talent is not there yet.

Buddy failed us.

I disagree with not keeping 7 WR's, utilizing more spread formations and with such a young and inexperienced group I could see an extra body being kept if somebody struggles.

Also I think Smith sticks as long he's in the top 5 and I'm not sure that's really tough for him to do outside of Graham and Stevie its all rookies and Easley.

stuckincincy
08-04-2013, 02:27 PM
I disagree with not keeping 7 WR's, utilizing more spread formations and with such a young and inexperienced group I could see an extra body being kept if somebody struggles.

Also I think Smith sticks as long he's in the top 5 and I'm not sure that's really tough for him to do outside of Graham and Stevie its all rookies and Easley.

If 7 wrs, why keep 3 TEs ?

DraftBoy
08-04-2013, 03:27 PM
If 7 wrs, why keep 3 TEs ?

Smith is really just a blocking TE as a former OT.

SpikedLemonade
08-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Of course, it all depends on the talent on the roster -- or lack thereof -- but it may be wise to keep an extra OL this year.

Perhaps TE Smith is that guy.

stuckincincy
08-04-2013, 03:52 PM
Smith is really just a blocking TE as a former OT.

Great. Where did he play OT at 265 lb. ?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/roster/BUF/buffalo-bills

7 wrs - Arena football... :whistling

Meathead
08-04-2013, 04:14 PM
these are fun but theyre like trying to fill out the bball brackets, theyre never right

no real reason to keep easley on the roster any longer. theyll keep six wrs cuz if they need another theyll just sign one of the jillion street fa wrs like easleys gonna be

if kolb doesnt win the job it wouldnt be shocking to see him cut and tuel as backup. ps qbs dont get regular reps unless its scout team duty, if they are rebuilding might as well do the same with the backup qb job and only sign a vet if one of the two rookies goes down - especially if they keep brad please dont ever make him have to start at qb smith

gotta root for white mind bottled lightning and have a pasty wr (kaufman) on the roster for the first time since whitey mcracker made the team in 1932 as a flanker/holder/kicker/zamboni driver

dickerson sticks as a utility receiver/hback

DraftBoy
08-04-2013, 04:24 PM
Great. Where did he play OT at 265 lb. ?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/roster/BUF/buffalo-bills

7 wrs - Arena football... :whistling

Played OT at Marshall before being drafted by the Pats as a TE in the 7th Round. He's dropped some weight but his tech is still there.

Homegrown
08-05-2013, 08:46 AM
looks good, but I'd be surprised if they kept 10 OL

justasportsfan
08-05-2013, 09:06 AM
Caussin supposedly looked really good prior to getting injured.

better days
08-05-2013, 09:09 AM
Of course, it all depends on the talent on the roster -- or lack thereof -- but it may be wise to keep an extra OL this year.

Perhaps TE Smith is that guy.

With the "lack of talent " on the roster why keep a guy with no talent?

The Bills have plenty of talent IMO, but they do have a few holes to fill such as Guard.

I expect after cuts are made, the Bills pick up another player or two from another team.

EDS
08-05-2013, 10:51 AM
I would not be surprised if a LB who is not currently on the roster makes the final 53 man roster heading into week 1.

Ed
08-05-2013, 11:26 AM
I love the idea of keeping 7 WR's with the guys we have. Johnson, Woods, Goodwin, and Graham are basically locks. Everyone seems to be raving about the talent of Rogers, Smith is the only other vet and just re-worked his contract, and Easley has been making plays. I guess I could see Easley getting cut still, but he seems to bring the most size to the group and could continue to develop while providing some depth. Smith and Easley can both play ST's too.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Played OT at Marshall before being drafted by the Pats as a TE in the 7th Round. He's dropped some weight but his tech is still there.

He was a tight end at Marshall and the Pats drafted him in the 5th.
http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/lee-smith-2.html
http://www.herdzone.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/smith_lee00.html
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SmitLe00.htm

DraftBoy
08-05-2013, 05:58 PM
He was a tight end at Marshall and the Pats drafted him in the 5th.
http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/lee-smith-2.html
http://www.herdzone.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/smith_lee00.html
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SmitLe00.htm

Jesus I'm horrible. Thanks for the correction.

Scumbag College
08-05-2013, 07:52 PM
I would not be surprised if a LB who is not currently on the roster makes the final 53 man roster heading into week 1.

This team is paper thin at LB and has Leon Joe caliber players as backups at the current time. I can see this happening.

feldspar
08-07-2013, 04:07 AM
I think Justin Rogers gets a CB spot...no way they go into the season with THAT much inexperience at the position with only Butler and Robey...Ron Brooks makes the squad, but he's quite green as well. Rogers can return kicks too, if needed.

swiper
08-07-2013, 05:57 AM
Looks pretty good. One player I don't see: Tashard Choice.

He's running harder than ever for his time in Buffalo. He makes the final cut.

And no fullback?

Thief
08-07-2013, 07:45 AM
Dude, you totally crossed [off] the Moats. Not cool.

DraftBoy
08-07-2013, 08:33 AM
Looks pretty good. One player I don't see: Tashard Choice.

He's running harder than ever for his time in Buffalo. He makes the final cut.

And no fullback?

Gaskins is looking good in camp and what does Choice offer than Jackson doesn't bring?

Gaskins can double as a FB at 6'1, 238 lbs.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, you totally crossed [off] the Moats. Not cool.

Yes, yes I did and I lived to tell about it.

X-Era
08-12-2013, 08:02 PM
I remeber Yardie had this last year and I went back 5 or 6 pages but didn't see one this year. We are week into camp now so may as well start looking at it. Here is mine;

QB-Manuel, Kolb (2)
RB-Spiller, Jackson, Gaskins (3)
WR-Johnson, Graham, Goodwin, Rogers, Woods, Smith, Easley (7)
TE-Chandler, Smith, Gragg (3)
OT-Glenn, Hairston, Pears, Welch, Hills (5)
OG-Urbik, Legursky, Caldwell (3)
C-Wood, Brown (2)
DE-Dareus, M. Williams, Carrington, Gilbert (4)
DT-K. Williams, Branch, Ross, (3)
OLB-Lawson, Hughes, Blatnick, White, Pough (5)
ILB-Alonso, Bradham, Dowtin (3)
CB-Gilmore, McKelvin, Brooks, Heath, Robey (5)
FS-Byrd, A. Williams (2)
SS-Searcy, D. Williams, Meeks (3)
K-Hopkins (1)
P-Powell-(1)
LS-Sanborn (1)

Practice Squad-
QB Jeff Tuel
RB Zack Brown
TE Nick Provo
OT/OG Zebrie Sanders
OG Zach Chibane
DL Corbin Bryant
DB Jumalle Rolle

Notes:
-Only carrying two QB's with Smith being emergency QB to save the active roster spot.
-I think both Caldwell and Hills were brought in because they were better than some of the hold overs (Sam Young, Zebrie Sanders, etc.).
-Went with 7 WR's over 4 TE's because Easley has been making plays in camp and he's not PS eligible where as a young TE like Provo is.
-Gaskins adds the power RB role that we lack and I think Choice is gone.
-I put Byrd and Hairston on the roster though each may not be there due to hold out and injury.
-Team has decent depth but I worry about the SAF and LB rotations.
Cut Brad Smith, Chris White, Pough, Heath, and Tony Hills. Add Moats, Rolle, Butler, Tuel, and Bryant.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-12-2013, 08:10 PM
qb- manuel, kolb, tuel
rb- spiller, Jackson, choice, gaskins
wr- Johnson, graham, woods, Easley, Goodwin, rogers
te- chandler, Dickerson, gragg ol- glenn, brown, wood, urbik, pears, welch, hairston, young, legursky dl- Carrington, dareus, Williams, gilbert, ross, Bryant lb Lawson, Alonso, bradham, Mario, dowtin, moats, scott, hughes, blatnick dbs, Gilmore, mckelvin, brooks, butler, robey---- Williams, byrd, searcy, d. Williams, meeks...

BillsImpossible
08-12-2013, 08:22 PM
$3 million for a backup QB in Kolb? Experience? Yes, experience at getting injured.

Go with 2 rookie QB's. If Tuel has to go in for EJ, that's fine with me after watching the kid throw the ball. But if Tuel gets injured too, screw it, the season's over. Why bother with a third string QB? What are they going to do? Take the team to the playoffs? Keeping a roster spot for a third string quarterback is dumb in today's NFL.