So the biggest winner of the Scrimmage is Kolb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

So the biggest winner of the Scrimmage is Kolb?

It is just a scrimmage, intra squad scrimmage at that.

We all know about hot guys like Kiko, Arrington, Graham that everyone is saying pleaseant surprised so far this spring, and we expect them to carry through the camp.

But we all know THE guy we all look at is EJ, hoping we get reports like RGIII, Luck, or Wilson had last year.

Maybe all those talks from the sports media, the analysts are not completely wrong. EJ needs time. Again it is only a scrimmage, not even preseason game yet. But I do want to point out that last year at this time RGIII, Luck, Wilson, or Newton two years ago, people were singing different tones about those guys' readiness.

From what I gather, there is no argument about his physical ability, perfect in leadrship skills, and eagerness to learn. I just want the Bills be careful not to ruin this raw but high potential material like they had in the past.

In that sense, the biggest winner of the scrimmage just might be the veteran QB who didn't even dressed up. The raw showing of EJ, the gelling of the new offense with all the linemen, WRs etc. just might point the management to the direction of Kolb to start the season.
  • TrEd FTW
    • Sep 2008

Re: So the biggest winner of the Scrimmage is Kolb?

No.
    "We're very, very pleased with (Manuel's) development," Marrone said. "I think that a lot of times at that position you're going to look for a lot of things and expect it to happen overnight, and it's not."
    Perhaps most important: Manuel got the snaps. Marrone liked how Manuel recovered after his early struggles. Every day that Kolb misses, the more likely it is that Manuel opens the season as the Bills' starting quarterback. Manuel has looked good in hurry-up drives and impressed more than Kolb overall in camp.

Comment

• lightningbolt444
      • Mar 2007

Everything I have been reading in the media is VERY positive on EJ through camp. Only time will tell but I think they should roll with EJ and cut Kolb all together. No need for Kolb on this roster. Keep EJ and Tuel I think to much is made of having a veteran teach the young qbs. They have Coaches for that. It would be different if it were Manning or someone of that caliber and smarts but this is Kolb we have here.

Comment

• HAMMER
        I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
        • Jul 2003

I don't see how you go into any season with only two rookie QB's on your roster. I think Kolb will stick and Tuel will be a PS player.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
          • Aug 2004

Read between the lines. Marrone knows things does not happen over nite.

To me you consider the pros and cons of starting him year 1. The pros: if he is good and able to learn from mistakes, that's one year of learning pain we suffer through. So one year sooner we'll be able to compete. The cons: he could be ruined from early struggles and there are plenty examples of that (from 8 year old, to high schoolers, to college to pros, all over the place).

Now consider the same thing for sitting him year 1. The pros: he gets used to NFL environment without actually suffering through lows or media/fan scrutiny. He may still be bad but at least he is more or less used to NFL routines, seeing real NFL defenses, going through preparation within the team. The cons: if he is good, we just wasted one year of him getting through the NFL fire and one more year before we are really competitive.

In a long run, I beleive the 2nd approach is more benificial to a team. Of course, NFL free agency, the whole front office/HC are now on much shorter leash and it is harder to go the 2nd route.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by HAMMER View Post
            I don't see how you go into any season with only two rookie QB's on your roster. I think Kolb will stick and Tuel will be a PS player.
            Kolb needs to stay healthy, he got hurt in Training Camp last season as well & Ironically we knocked him out of our AZ game.

Comment

• feldspar
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post

We all know about hot guys ...
              I have no such knowledge.

I apologize beforehand...

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                Sab and TD are insignificant
                • Sep 2002

I bet all my zbs that Manuel will start week one against the pats.
                www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Swiper
                  • Sep 2010

Tuel was better.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ublinkwescore View Post
                    I bet all my zbs that Manuel will start week one against the pats.
                    Because he won the job or because Kolb was injured?

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

We'll find out during the 4 pre-season games.

Love the comments, based on the blind mice brigade.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                      X