PDA

View Full Version : Bills DT Dareus ready to refocus on football

BillsFever21
08-08-2013, 05:35 PM
PITTSFORD, N.Y. (AP) -- The Buffalo Bills (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/buf) big man, Marcell Dareus (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24790), is ready to shed his heavy heart.

The defensive tackle is looking ahead to the season with the intention of returning his focus back to playing football. It's a conscious approach Dareus is taking after being left an emotional wreck last year following the shooting death of his youngest brother.

''To me, last year never happened,'' he said. ''I done came to the realization that my little brother is gone. I've coped with that. I've grieved over it. I got all of it out, and I'm OK now.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bills-dt-dareus-ready-refocus-213236885--nfl.html

BillsFever21
08-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Lets hope he is ready to go and turn into a player worthy of the #3 pick in the draft. We need him to especially after taking him and passing on all the Pro Bowl players drafted after him.

SpikedLemonade
08-08-2013, 05:48 PM
I hope so too, but if I was a betting man (and I am), I would bet on this guy never living up to his draft status.

I don't blame the Bills. He was the safe pick.

He just never panned out.

Same goes with Mike Williams.

Darius is very young however and I hope he finds some passion this year.

BillsFever21
08-08-2013, 05:54 PM
I would say that AJ Green was the safer pick. He had star written all over him and you could see he was going to be a dominant WR. They chose to try and fill the defensive need instead.

You usually always have at least a couple bust out of the Top 10 picks in the draft. Considering just about the rest of them have been stars lets hope that Dareus doesn't turn into that bust. I doubt he will ever be one of the best DL in the league like AJ Green will be at WR or JJ Watt already is.

SpikedLemonade
08-08-2013, 06:00 PM
AJ Green looked like a sure thing I agree.

We just didn't look like an offense able to capitalize on his abilities at the time.

The truth is that Fitz could not throw the ball deep well.

If Edwards was the QB then, he was just too nervous to wait for the deep throw.

BillsFever21
08-08-2013, 06:12 PM
AJ Green looked like a sure thing I agree.

We just didn't look like an offense able to capitalize on his abilities at the time.

The truth is that Fitz could not throw the ball deep well.

If Edwards was the QB then, he was just too nervous to wait for the deep throw.

That's very true but it's also the job of the front office to look into the future and not just the current year. They should've known they probably didn't have the QB of the future on the roster at the time. Had they then we also could've drafted Kapernick or Dalton along with it. Imagine how our team would look right now with either of them combinations. Especially if we drafted Kapernick.

Generalissimus Gibby
08-08-2013, 06:18 PM
I hope so too, but if I was a betting man (and I am), I would bet on this guy never living up to his draft status.

I don't blame the Bills. He was the safe pick.

He just never panned out.

Same goes with Mike Williams.

Darius is very young however and I hope he finds some passion this year.

If Dave Wandstache and Chan Gailey were your bosses you probably wouldn't pan out at your job either. Also, Marcel Dareus the Mead had a huge tragedy in his life last year and this made a demotivated player even less hungry for success. I think that given the right competition and coaching that MD can regain the flashes of brilliance we saw in his rookie year. I think that unlike Williams that he has something of a good work ethic. I don't see Warren Sapp or Bruce Smith yet, but I do expect improvement.

SpikedLemonade
08-08-2013, 06:22 PM
That's very true but it's also the job of the front office to look into the future and not just the current year. They should've known they probably didn't have the QB of the future on the roster at the time. Had they then we also could've drafted Kapernick or Dalton along with it. Imagine how our team would look right now with either of them combinations. Especially if we drafted Kapernick.

The biggest problem we have had over the past dozen or so years has not been coaching but rather player evaluation at the GM and scouting level.

SpikedLemonade
08-08-2013, 06:30 PM
If Dave Wandstache and Chan Gailey were your bosses you probably wouldn't pan out at your job either. Also, Marcel Dareus the Mead had a huge tragedy in his life last year and this made a demotivated player even less hungry for success. I think that given the right competition and coaching that MD can regain the flashes of brilliance we saw in his rookie year. I think that unlike Williams that he has something of a good work ethic. I don't see Warren Sapp or Bruce Smith yet, but I do expect improvement.

I hope you are right.

By the way, "the Mike Williams has poor work habits" was never said until after he was a wash out. For the first couple of years, all we heard was how wonderful he was.

Mike Williams suffered from what many college players suffer.

They have great success in college because they are bigger then their opponents (many of who never make the NFL). When they get to the NFL, they find it is not as easy any more. Some will work harder and fight through it. Others will not. Playing in college is fun. Playing in the NFL is hard work.

Mike Williams just did not have fun in the NFL and was not willing to fight through the hard work.

If I recall, his turning point was when he got married to a woman less than a 1/3 of his weight. He kind of got stuck in the moment.

TigerJ
08-08-2013, 08:45 PM
That article answers the fears of those who think he's overweight. He says, at least, he's down to around 300 lbs. He started last season at 331 lbs. Are we going to start hearing "He's too light" now?

SpikedLemonade
08-08-2013, 10:09 PM
That article answers the fears of those who think he's overweight. He says, at least, he's down to around 300 lbs. He started last season at 331 lbs. Are we going to start hearing "He's too light" now?

Not from me.

Easier to gain weight than to lose it.

more cowbell
08-09-2013, 12:24 PM
Dareus definitely didn't have a great season last year, but I don't think he was a liability. Hope to see him improve. He is still very young and possesses all the talent to be an elite playmaker on defense.

sukie
08-09-2013, 01:26 PM
''I done came to the realization that you guys all might start calling me "Bustatollah Dareus" if I don't start playing better and slow down the binge eats.

sudzy
08-09-2013, 06:48 PM
I would say that AJ Green was the safer pick. He had star written all over him and you could see he was going to be a dominant WR. They chose to try and fill the defensive need instead.

You usually always have at least a couple bust out of the Top 10 picks in the draft. Considering just about the rest of them have been stars lets hope that Dareus doesn't turn into that bust. I doubt he will ever be one of the best DL in the league like AJ Green will be at WR or JJ Watt already is.

Marcell was labeled as the "can't miss player" of that draft. So far he's been a OK at best.