PDA

View Full Version : What are you looking for on Sunday?

Buffalo Thriller
08-09-2013, 10:10 PM
What are you going to be watching Sunday when we go to Indy? I'm most interested in how EJ does against an NFL defense, also I'm really looking forward to watching our receivers. How will Woods do? Will Goodwin play like he has in camp? Hopefully they all do well, but we are talking about the Bills lol.

bflojohn
08-09-2013, 10:29 PM
I'm focusing on the defensive line, particularly Alex Carrington to see what all the fuss is about. Kiko Alonso is also someone who has caught my interest. The pass rush is of paramount importance, so here's hoping they make Andrew Luck's day a misery!!

SpikedLemonade
08-09-2013, 10:34 PM
(1) Pressure by the DL in the 1st quarter.

(2) Forward surge by the OL in the 1st quarter.

(3) Pocket presence by EJ

That's it

OpIv37
08-09-2013, 10:35 PM
Usually I have a good answer for this question before the first preseason game but this time I really don't. I just want some indication that they aren't blatantly incompetent. EJ throwing to young WR's scares me so I just want some indication that they are up to the task.

Pettine's D is supposed to revolve around deception and disguised blitzes so I don't expect much because a) I don't know how well our guys know it yet and b) he won't want to show too much in games that don't count.

justasportsfan
08-09-2013, 11:10 PM
No injuries

Buffalo Thriller
08-09-2013, 11:17 PM
Usually I have a good answer for this question before the first preseason game but this time I really don't. I just want some indication that they aren't blatantly incompetent. EJ throwing to young WR's scares me so I just want some indication that they are up to the task.

Pettine's D is supposed to revolve around deception and disguised blitzes so I don't expect much because a) I don't know how well our guys know it yet and b) he won't want to show too much in games that don't count.the young receivers are a little worrisome.

Meathead
08-10-2013, 12:46 AM
the only thing meaningful about preseason is injuries

Night Train
08-10-2013, 03:39 AM
A plate of wings and some good drink.

Jan Reimers
08-10-2013, 04:53 AM
A nice nap.

stuckincincy
08-10-2013, 05:09 AM
1) Linebacker play.

2) The official start of the "We're holding it close to the vest and running plain vanilla so we won't tip our hand that's why we look so bad in pre-season" talk....

DraftBoy
08-10-2013, 06:47 AM
Organization.

I want to see players who know what their role is in the system and what their job is.

Also interested to see who looks ahead defense v. offense.

SquishDaFish
08-10-2013, 07:00 AM
1) No Injuries
2) EJ and the Young WRs
3) KIKO baby!

ublinkwescore
08-10-2013, 07:56 AM
EJ, Blatnick, rogers, alonso, goodwin, woods, spiller to take maybe 4 carries, and 2 receptions, someone step up at te, and our safeties to step up enough to instill confidence without Byrd.

Scumbag College
08-10-2013, 09:04 AM
1. No EJ INTs.

2. How does the OL look with all of their question marks.

3. Curious about the Bills 4x100 relay team that they have at WR now.

4. Can they find 3 or 4 LBs that are good enough to play when the season starts.

5. How bad the safety situation is without Byrd.

ZAZusmc03
08-10-2013, 10:52 AM
Being that its preseason, I can't imagine the D will be showing too many blitzes, so ill be watching how well the dline does at pressuring the qb or stopping runs at the line or behind it.

ServoBillieves
08-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Bills Football.

Famous Amos
08-10-2013, 05:16 PM
1. #2 CB who is going to come out on top? Butler? McKelvin? Brooks? Rogers? Robey? My money is on Robey but he is short.
2. Linebacking corps Not sure what itll look like depending on scheme and formation. But who is gonna be edge rusher on passing downs? Can Bradham assert himself to without a question, a 3 down starter? What is with the hype with Jamie Blatnick? Is he a legit contender for a roster spot or just a training camp hero? Is Manny Lawson good? I have no idea, never really watched him play.
3. WR Who has the best hands? I understand Goodwin is catching everything thrown to him. But can he run routes? Can Rogers seperate himself from the pack and be the next Rod Streater? Is TJ Graham worth a damn?

Just the first game, but a lot of thesee guys are going to get a lot of playing time. A lot of starting positions up for grabs. I'd love to see these positions be solidified sooner than later.

imbondz
08-10-2013, 05:56 PM
Total domination in the first series

feldspar
08-10-2013, 09:28 PM
the only thing meaningful about preseason is injuries

That's what I'm looking for on Sunday...no injuries. We've been seeing a lot of them around the league this year.

I'm just psyched to watch the Bills in live action again. A win won't mean anything, for sure. It's too easy to read into these preseason games where everything is rather vanilla, and the whole object of the game isn't what it normally is. Easy to be misled, like when the Lions went undefeated in the preseason, then went on to not win a single game in the regular season. Of course I hope the Bills look good, particularly E.J., but all the preseason is is one big tease.

What I HOPE is that the right guys impress enough to make the team.

Mad Bomber
08-10-2013, 09:48 PM
No injuries
That was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the title of this thread.

El Guapo
08-10-2013, 10:29 PM
Obviously, I want to see EJ. I mean, what Bills fan isn't excited or apprehensive about his performance?

other than that, I want to see a defense that is starting to live up to its billing.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
08-10-2013, 10:59 PM
Too bad no Jills

better days
08-11-2013, 01:47 AM
Well, there has been a lot of back & forth about talent or lack thereof on this Bills team for quite a while now.

My position has been that there is MUCH MORE talent on this team than some people on this board think.

I expect that talent to show itself on Sunday even though some key players will not be playing or will play very little.

Thunderkyss
08-11-2013, 09:23 AM
Organization.

I want to see players who know what their role is in the system and what their job is.

^^This^^

I'd like to know that the players are buying into the season & they expect to win this year. I'd also like to see that the young guys belong in the NFL.

Patti120
08-11-2013, 11:40 AM
Midget trainer sighting! No injuries, just hoping to see him!

JoeMama
08-11-2013, 11:59 AM
So long as EJ Manuel doesn't make me die of shame, I'll remain open minded.

I want to see enough positives that I don't continue to feel uneasy about him being taken 16th overall.

It was a calculated risk to draft him. I need to see some upside.

trapezeus
08-11-2013, 01:09 PM
i'd like to see EJ have some success. obviously it hasn't happened so far, but the run game looks going right.

i want to see the receivers play well and get separation. hopefully the telecast will show some of this even if passes aren't caught.

trapezeus
08-11-2013, 01:14 PM
also want to see hopkins make it a no brainer to get away from lindell. see him boot some from 40+...you know, that range that 3 different HC didn't routinely trust lindell from.