• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffalogic
    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
    • Feb 2006

Kolb's getting cut

Pretty sure Kolb is getting cut. Tuel was really impressive, he doesn't look scared to throw it. Keep the young theme and get rid of the below average journeyman. And pretty impressed with Marrone. Every unit looked fairly impressive overall.
  • PTI
    Banned
    • Jan 2011

Re: Kolb's getting cut

Not a chance.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
      • Sep 2003

Kolb only gets cut this year if someone picks up Tuel from the practice squad.
      "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

Kolb won't get cut...but Lindell will.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

the receiving corp looks so good right now, that i'd rather save a spot for an extra receiver so we are loaded in event of injury than hold onto kolb who will get injured if he plays.

obviously, what we watched today has to keep up. if tuel really struggles in opportunities and might make it through PS, then maybe you keep kolb...but hurting yourself on a wet mat wasn't good.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
            Will not tolerate vandalism.
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
            Kolb won't get cut...but Lindell will.
            Unless Mr. Hopkins decides to boot another kickoff out of bounds. Then Lindell is safe.

As for Kolb... he's the only veteran QB on the roster. That alone might save him from getting the ax, although with the way Tuel has played, Kolb is in serious danger of getting demoted to third-string clipboard holder. Think RG3/Kirk Cousins.

Comment

• Oaf
              Do you read what you write?
              • Jun 2007

Kolb is fragile as glass, that we'd need a legitimate QB behind HIM, God forbid EJ got hurt. We'll keep all 3.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

Kolb's not starting.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                  My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                  • Apr 2004

I think Tuel and Easley just put Smith on the cut list.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • May 2009

Pretty sure the Bills will have three QBs on the roster.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

I just can't believe a team would go into the season with only 2 rookie QBs

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

I agree with Mike, and some of the other comments. Wouldn't surprise me to see us keep 3, or at least Tuel on the practice squad and Kolb will get released when/if some other team tries to snag Tuel.

I'd like to see him get some first-second quarter reps before handing over the #2 spot to him right away.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• JoeMama
                          Emotion Sickness
                          • Oct 2002

Kolb aside, don't let Tuel go anywhere. His composure is awesome.

If competition is about results -- and it should be -- he doesn't deserve a practice squad slot. He deserves more.

Especially if he continues to play like this. He's been great in camp. Great in OTAs. Great in game #1. Guy deserves a fair shake.
                          Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Meathead
                            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                            • Jul 2002

for a while i thought it possible they would release kolb if they thought both rookies were ready for their roles but the more i thought the more it seemed unwise

even if they really like both rooks they really would be asking for trouble if they roll the dice and not have that veteran qb presence somewhere. hackett is already the qb coach, is the oc at least in title, and cant provide the same field-to-lockerroom influence a veteran qb can

that means they have to invest either qb2 or 3 into an on-field coach of sorts. thus the only way they cut kolb is if they think they can get his production/mentoring out of another veteran, which seems seriously unlikely at this point. kolb would have to crash and burn, piss everybody off, or perhaps suffer another semi-serious injury, for them to scrap that experiment already

official mh odds that the bills rolls with just two rookies and brad smith at qb to start the season: 9.2%. and thats only bc tim connolly calls kolb to make fun of him being fragile
                            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

Tuel would never make it through waivers to the practice squad now. He's on the roster.

The decision is whether or not to carry 3 QB's and that puts Kolb on the bubble.

Brad Smith ? After Tuel kept finding Marcus Easley, that made Brad Smith more of a cut candidate than ever.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X