X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffalo Thriller
    • Sep 2010

Fred Jackson

Fred Jackson has lost his step it would seem, CJ taking over #1 stop is well deserved and I can only see Jackson being used for 3rd down or goal line situations.
    Originally posted by OpIv37
    You guys, the solution is so simple. Find the crazy kids who are shooting up the schools and have them shoot people getting off planes from West Africa.

No more school shootings, no more Ebola.

Obama would have thought of this already if he wasn't a pinko commie Nazi queer-loving wetback-loving Kenyan Indonesian Muslim.
  • GvilleBills
    • Mar 2006

Re: Fred Jackson

Im very happy with our backfield. Gaskins seems to like running into the back of lineman and trying to push the pile. Was hoping to see more from him, so Choice seems safe.
    Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
      Will not tolerate vandalism.
      • Apr 2006

Au contraire.

Last year you could have easily made that case, but in what little action Jackson saw today, he looked just as good as ever.

Keep in mind, Tashard Choice and some rookie whose name I can't remember now got practically all the snaps in the second half and a good chunk of the second quarter. Perhaps you are confusing their lukewarm performances with Jackson's.

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
        • Jan 2010

Fred looked slow but he was never fast.

Comment

• Buffalo Thriller
          • Sep 2010

I don't know if Jackson looked as good as ever, but he is not a first option anymore.
          You guys, the solution is so simple. Find the crazy kids who are shooting up the schools and have them shoot people getting off planes from West Africa.

Obama would have thought of this already if he wasn't a pinko commie Nazi queer-loving wetback-loving Kenyan Indonesian Muslim.

Comment

• Meathead
            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
            • Jul 2002

lol theres no way you could make a determination like that from those few plays. we wouldnt be able to know that until after a few real games

but with that said, i fully expect freddie to hit the wall harder than amanda bynes wants to punch her parents right now. as far as i know he doesnt have some magical running back fairy that can simply wave a fried chicken leg and have him avoid the inevitable massive sudden decline that post-30 rbs always make

yeah its fun to pretend your guy will be the next great rb to beat father time but for how that turns out just ask the fans of shaun alexander, priest holmes, lt, etc etc etc

sure as honey boo boo has morbid obesity in her future, so will a rb faceplant into the post-30 wall very soon after hitting that mark. freddie already got his extra year, he aint getting another
            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Buffalo Thriller
              • Sep 2010

Especially coming off two knee surgeries.

Comment

• JoeMama
                Emotion Sickness
                • Oct 2002

Fast Freddy looked fine to me. He's a grinder.

He should be our #2 (like he should have been last year) and he'll fill the role well.

Dude's been nothing but a consummate professional since the day he stepped on the field. He's a great compliment to Spiller and a fantastic handcuff if Spiller gets hurt. You keep him no matter what. Don't let it brook any further argument.
                Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Buffalo Thriller View Post
                  Fred Jackson has lost his step it would seem, CJ taking over #1 stop is well deserved and I can only see Jackson being used for 3rd down or goal line situations.
                  He's a cut candidate. He's slow and unproductive at this point. His vision and ability to find room to run was his asset. It looks to me like he's got the vision but just can't get to the open spots anymore.

I'd go with youth and better speed. Gaskins has nice vision and reminds me of a young F Jax actually but with better size and quick's.

He's a fan favorite and a great guy. But, if he can't be the part two of a one two punch he's not worth the money. Call me ahead of the curve but he's not the same anymore; he's done.
                  Last edited by X-Era; 08-11-2013, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• Meathead
                    • Jul 2002

theres a reason why a lot of really good starting rbs become third down guys if they catch well even in their late twenties, bc thats when you want the guy who can make all the right choices not necessarily hit the hole and be gone. its most important for a third-down guy to pick the right hole, make the key block, catch the key pass. but you aint gonna rely on them play in and play out bc they simply dont have neither that kind of gas nor the burst

freddie was definitely slower last season but that was mostly after his injury so i didnt feel it was fair to judge his wall status then. but hes gotta be hitting it reeal soon now, even if he hasnt already. should be an excellent third down option for the next couple as long as more injuries dont slow him down again, a distinct possibility

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                      theres a reason why a lot of really good starting rbs become third down guys if they catch well even in their late twenties, bc thats when you want the guy who can make all the right choices not necessarily hit the hole and be gone. its most important for a third-down guy to pick the right hole, make the key block, catch the key pass. but you aint gonna rely on them play in and play out bc they simply dont have neither that kind of gas nor the burst

freddie was definitely slower last season but that was mostly after his injury so i didnt feel it was fair to judge his wall status then. but hes gotta be hitting it reeal soon now, even if he hasnt already. should be an excellent third down option for the next couple as long as more injuries dont slow him down again, a distinct possibility
                      I just don't see it anymore with him. Can he catch? sure. And in an open field he can get you a few in that situation. What he can't do anymore is find open spots in a stacked line and get 3-4 yards with vision, patience, and quicks. And unfortunately he's going to get those sort of carries.

I just don't know that we lose that much by going with younger legs and a guy with good quicks, good hands, and decent vision. Do we have that young guy right now? Not a slam dunk yet. But Gaskins has upside and Choice has a bit more in the tank at this point. I think RB is a legit possibility for next years draft in a mid-round considering Spiller would be going into a contract year and we need a young #2 RB right now.

Comment

• Meathead
                        • Jul 2002

true but i think they want freddie to help settle the team, which they sure will need this year. as long as his production is reasonably good he might be worth more than another youngun. they gotta have those guys somewhere, and one usually has to be a qb of some kind. stevie tries to lead but hes still too awkward in that role. freddies the man there

just think of him as the chris kelsay of the offense

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                          true but i think they want freddie to help settle the team, which they sure will need this year. as long as his production is reasonably good he might be worth more than another youngun. they gotta have those guys somewhere, and one usually has to be a qb of some kind. stevie tries to lead but hes still too awkward in that role. freddies the man there

just think of him as the chris kelsay of the offense
                          That's actually exactly who I thought of... And many were pissed at how long he was still with the team. Leadership is critical but if he's going to cost us 1st downs because he just can't get that extra yard or two anymore it's potentially a significant choice just to add leadership.

Comment

• Bangarang
                            • Sep 2010

Fred Jackson has been disrespected his entire career and always performs. I doubt things will change.

Comment

• Scumbag College
                              • Oct 2002

I want to see more of Jackson before the Bills get rid of him. Make him the primary RB in the first half the next two weeks...we know that CJ is ready to go and has the potential for a huge year if he can stay healthy. I want to see if Fred can withstand some real work and either he shakes off the ring rust or he's just taken too much of a beating over the past few years. I'm such a huge fan of Fred's (most people on here are) and it pains me to think of the Bills cutting him during the preseason. I think with so many rookies and young players that are going to be on the offensive side of the ball that you need a veteran like him to be there for the younger guys. Plus, if CJ goes down for an extended period than it would be Choice and Gaskins, and I'm not liking that scenario.
                              Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

Working...
                              X