X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

EJ's good drive was against Colts 3rd string D

I just want to tamper down the enthusiasm on EJ after 1/2 of a preseason game.

Did EJ Manuel play well enough to be the favorite for the Buffalo Bills' starting QB job? Chris Wesseling explores that and more in this recap of the Bills' win over the Indianapolis Colts.

The good thing to me is improvement, from the start of the game to the end of 1st half. That's what I want to see regradless of the outcome.

But let's not forget the resistence he went against went down a notch or two before his performance improved. Still a boost for his confidence though.

I have to think that the option for running got to be added into his game plan. That seemed to make him feel comfortable.

We all know regular season games are another level up from preseason games, and during games, defense usually makes adjustments to you to make it harder instead of evaluating backups like in preseason games. EJ has a long way to go yet.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: EJ's good drive was against Colts 3rd string D

Who cares. When was the last time this team scored a TD on a two-minute drill against anybody?
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• GreedoII
      • Aug 2007

It's not about who was in there man...it's about building confidence and working on his game. It's a mental game too. The coaches know what they are doing. The kid needs reps so it doesn't matter to me who it's against.

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

ESPN went into spin mode about it claiming EJ has won the battle basically and talking him up.

I didn't see that.

I saw a rookie play decent. He didn't make big mistakes, made some plays, and threw a nice TD. He was below average in the 1st and then solid in the 2nd. The 2 minute drill was a nice drive.

I was encouraged by his play. He showed decent poise as the game went on, solid decision making, good pocket presence. I can't really fault his play other than some errant throws early. But, he also didn't blow me away.

I think I'd go with cautiously optimistic.

Comment

• Historian
          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
          • Dec 2002

I though both QBs looked very good, X.

Comment

• MidnightVoice
            Retired (mostly)
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by X-Era View Post

I think I'd go with cautiously optimistic.
            That is me too.

But to play
            that’s the thing
            shut up and deal
            ~ Jesse May

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

EJ called all the plays on the drive as well because his helmet radio was dead for the second time yesterday, which makes this even more impressive.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Its all about building confidence for Manuel.

We are so beaten down as a fan base that we can't just look at this as a good thing.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                  Will not tolerate vandalism.
                  • Apr 2006

Did he check who was on the field or was Mr. Wesserling just looking for a dis?

Comment

• ICRockets
                    Childish Fake Voter
                    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                    Good for you, go **** yourself.

Comment

• Ed
                      • Sep 2002

Well EJ had to play without our #1 WR. Does he get any credit for that? And if I'm not mistaken I don't recall seeing CJ Spiller out there on that last drive either.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                        • Sep 2009

Outside of Woods and our OL, EJ was playing with 2nd and 3rd stringers as well. Dickerson, Gragg, Smith, TJ Graham, and Tashard Choice aren't starting caliber players, neither is our LG or RT.

EJ was okay yesterday, plenty of season left to see what he has, yesterday was just a tiny step.
                        Last edited by kingJofNYC; 08-12-2013, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Did EJ Manuel play well enough to be the favorite for the Buffalo Bills' starting QB job? Chris Wesseling explores that and more in this recap of the Bills' win over the Indianapolis Colts.

The good thing to me is improvement, from the start of the game to the end of 1st half. That's what I want to see regradless of the outcome.

But let's not forget the resistence he went against went down a notch or two before his performance improved. Still a boost for his confidence though.

I have to think that the option for running got to be added into his game plan. That seemed to make him feel comfortable.

We all know regular season games are another level up from preseason games, and during games, defense usually makes adjustments to you to make it harder instead of evaluating backups like in preseason games. EJ has a long way to go yet.
                          I read a number of articles written by Indy writers on TwoBillsDrive. They all said EJ was facing the 2nd team on that drive. They did NOT say the 3rd string.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                            The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
                            Good for you, go **** yourself.
                            LOL funny

- - - Updated - - -

did you know that 3rd string NFL guys are actually very good footbal players? and they are trying harder then the 1st string
                            In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                              • May 2009

So what. Get a life.

Comment

Working...
                              X