X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Figster
    • Oct 2010

Marcus Easley

Just when you thought the Bills WR position couldn't get more complicated...
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Marcus Easley

yeah. I had him just about done but he looks very intimidating at camp. Just something about him that makes him stick out . I can see why he bills didn't give up on him.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
      yeah. I had him just about done but he looks very intimidating at camp. Just something about him that makes him stick out . I can see why he bills didn't give up on him.
      I have been chided for not giving up on Easley.

My reply was I will give up on him when he does not make the team.

There is no way the Bills can keep the plethora of talent they have at WR, it would be nice if they could trade somebody instead of just cutting someone that will surely be picked up by another team.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

there were times when he reminded me of Moulds making tough catches and physically fights for receptions. Deep ball receptions too.
        sacrifice1

Comment

• Ed
          • Sep 2002

Probably the fact that he's our biggest WR. With all the smaller WR's we have it would be nice to keep his size in the mix.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ed View Post
            Probably the fact that he's our biggest WR. With all the smaller WR's we have it would be nice to keep his size in the mix.
            Yup. He's quick for his size too.I doubt a lot of cb's are going to try to get rough with him at the LOS and expect to keep up with him.
            sacrifice1

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Yup. He's quick for his size too.I doubt a lot of cb's are going to try to get rough with him at the LOS and expect to keep up with him.
              Rogers has size as well. If they keep both Easley & Rogers, this team will have a great mix of size & speed at WR.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                I have been chided for not giving up on Easley.

My reply was I will give up on him when he does not make the team.

There is no way the Bills can keep the plethora of talent they have at WR, it would be nice if they could trade somebody instead of just cutting someone that will surely be picked up by another team.
                Here's the problem: how many guys drafted early (say the first 3 rounds) struggle for 2 or 3 years then fade into oblivion, vs how many struggle for that long then become quality players?

I can't think of a single one who has become a good player, but here have been a ton who have faded away- McCargo, Hardy, Youboty, Maybin, Troupe may not make the team, Poz wast a complete bust but never lived up to the hype... And that's just one team from just the last few years.

Could Easley be one of the exceptions who turns it around? It's not impossible, but how long should the team spend a roster spot and cap space on a guy who showed nothing until yesterday? You can't blame people for wanting to cut ties in these situations.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

I can't think of a single one who has become a good player, but here have been a ton who have faded away- McCargo, Hardy, Youboty, Maybin, Troupe may not make the team, Poz wast a complete bust but never lived up to the hype... And that's just one team from just the last few years.
                  Stevie. It also took Moulds a little longer to come to his own.
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Stevie. It also took Moulds a little longer to come to his own.
                    Even so- I came up with 6 who failed to your one who succeeded in the same time span, and that was just off the top of my head so I could be forgetting some. 1 out of 7 are not good odds.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                      Even so- I came up with 6 who failed to your one who succeeded in the same time span, and that was just off the top of my head so I could be forgetting some. 1 out of 7 are not good odds.
                      I know what you said. I was just pointing out examples since you couldn't think of any.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• Meathead
                        Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                        • Jul 2002

easley did look surprisingly dominating. but was it him or was it tuel who looked like the sharpest third string qb ive ever seen round these parts? i actually had a slight puffy working by the time he got his first miss on his tenth pass

but yeah easley did look mouldsy. sure hope it continues but hes been teasing us for a while so not holding my breath
                        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                          easley did look surprisingly dominating. but was it him or was it tuel who looked like the sharpest third string qb ive ever seen round these parts?
                          It was because they were playing against guys who will all be doing jobs that require them to wear name tags by this time next month.

Don't get me wrong- looking great against scrubs is better than looking bad against scrubs, but it's also not proof that they could do it against legit NFL starters.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mayotm
                            • Jul 2003

It was nice seeing Easely making some plays. It would be great if he turned into something. That stated, does one good pre-season outing make everybody forget he's been unable to stay healthy or done anything in previous years? He will have to continue performing to make the team.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Again it's Op's "exception does not make the rule" argument.

Every year in the NFL there are hundreds of players coming out of college, only a small percentage of them make it onto rosters because they're the best of the best. You can say this small percentage of them is an exception to the overwhelming majority of players who turn into nothing. By using this logic, we should not expect any player to ever make it to anybody's rosters because they're the exceptions and not the rule.

In fact, it take millions of sperm for only one to fertilize an ovary. There should be no expectations of humans being in existence whatsoever since we're the exceptions and not the rule.
                              Last edited by Mr. Miyagi; 08-12-2013, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X