PDA

View Full Version : Goodwin

Mr. Miyagi
08-12-2013, 11:06 AM
I think we found our very own Devin Hester. Damn this guy is fast. I watched that kickoff return about 20 times yesterday. He made everyone else look like they're moving in slow motion.

I wonder if he can field punt returns too. Or is TJ Graham doing that.

psubills62
08-12-2013, 11:09 AM
I like it. Especially if we have the coaching and playcalling to maximize his talents on offense.

Meathead
08-12-2013, 11:10 AM
i like at the end how he raised his index finger to the ref like he was saying 'ok thats one ...'

don137
08-12-2013, 11:14 AM
I want to see how he reacts to a couple NFL hits. He hits the whole so fast he barely is touched. I want to see if he hits the hole consistently at full speed even after taking a couple hits. Worry he will be a little tentative after taking a couple hits at full speed. I do love what I see in him. Averaged 80 yards a kick off yesterday.

DraftBoy
08-12-2013, 11:27 AM
I want to see how he reacts to a couple NFL hits. He hits the whole so fast he barely is touched. I want to see if he hits the hole consistently at full speed even after taking a couple hits. Worry he will be a little tentative after taking a couple hits at full speed. I do love what I see in him. Averaged 80 yards a kick off yesterday.

I had the same thought watching him yesterday, he can absolutely fly but at that speed with his frame if a defender can hit him head on he will get his bell rung. For now those its one of the most exciting parts of the game to watch.

gebobs
08-12-2013, 11:32 AM
What's the case for Brad Smith now? We have oodles of young talent at wideout that i would be loathe to part with to keep him. And there is NO way that he should be fielding kickoffs or throwing passes.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-12-2013, 11:36 AM
i like at the end how he raised his index finger to the ref like he was saying 'ok thats one ...'

I think he was doing the "shushing the crowd" move.

DraftBoy
08-12-2013, 11:36 AM
What's the case for Brad Smith now? We have oodles of young talent at wideout that i would be loathe to part with to keep him. And there is NO way that he should be fielding kickoffs or throwing passes.

Great question, we'll need to see where some of the young guys are in terms of routes and field awareness but Woods certainly looked good yesterday. Rogers inside move on the TD slant was technically sound and Kaufman showed nice concentration down the sideline against tight coverage. You'll want to watch that a few more times to be sure, but if they continue to look this good you could cut Brad Smith very easily.

justasportsfan
08-12-2013, 11:41 AM
For years teams had to choose their poison when it came to the Pats' passing game with Wleker, Hernandez and Gronk. I hope that is the case with our wr's under Marrone.

Meathead
08-12-2013, 12:01 PM
I think he was doing the "shushing the crowd" move.

i didnt think of that. i watched it several times and thought he was looking right at the ref but he definitely could have just been looking that way at the fans. i think i still have it on dvr i should check

Meathead
08-12-2013, 12:05 PM
For years teams had to choose their poison when it came to the Pats' passing game with Wleker, Hernandez and Gronk. I hope that is the case with our wr's under Marrone.

with marcia throwing to them i honestly think teams would have to choose their poison with sam aiken, james hardy, and perry tuttle

Mr. Miyagi
08-12-2013, 12:29 PM
Hogan is good as gone. No more 7-Eleven.

ublinkwescore
08-12-2013, 12:58 PM
This guy could potentially get us a lot of illegal procedure kickoffs if he shows he can take it past the 40 from the endzone more often than not.

bf1
08-12-2013, 01:05 PM
The guy looked like he was in a completely different gear than everyone else on the field. Hopefully this coaching staff doesn't squander the talent like previous regimes have.

justasportsfan
08-12-2013, 02:08 PM
today at camp

2:59

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills
Jeff Tuel to Marquise Goodwin. Deep TD. Stop me if you've heard this before. #BillsCamp

feldspar
08-12-2013, 02:19 PM
In case anyone hasn't noticed, the Bills have never been in shortage of kickoff return guys. In fact, our Special Teams in general have not been any problem for quite some time now. That said, Goodwin DID look spectacular yesterday doing it...just great. The Bills Special Teams did an excellent job stopping the Colts from running it back as well.

The most interesting thing happening on Special Teams will be the competition between Hopkins and Lindell. What was the deal with Hopkins kicking the ball out of bounds the one time?

POTLAND PSILBYLO
08-12-2013, 03:08 PM

Hard to say what Brad Smith without Gailey frosting might taste like. Uhh, bad metaphor.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-12-2013, 03:57 PM
there is literally no need for brad smith anymore, im not sure he is even a top 8 wr on this roster

Skooby
08-12-2013, 04:17 PM
there is literally no need for brad smith anymore, im not sure he is even a top 8 wr on this roster

He's our 3rd string QB after Kolb gets cut.

gebobs
08-12-2013, 04:31 PM
He's our 3rd string QB after Kolb gets cut.
With all due apologies if your post is sarcastic, Fred Jackson can throw the ball better than BS. Let's forget this crap about BS being a QB. He's not.