PDA

View Full Version : Jim Irsay whines about Bills' preseason drubbing

IlluminatusUIUC
08-12-2013, 04:24 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9561032/jim-irsay-gives-indianapolis-colts-brass-earful-defeat

INDIANAPOLIS -- To some, it was just one preseason game. The Indianapolis Colts (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/ind/indianapolis-colts)' starters played a couple of series against the Buffalo Bills (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/buf/buffalo-bills) and then took a spot on the bench as they watched their teammates try to catch the eye of the coaches and front office officials.
That wasn't the case with owner Jim Irsay, who didn't like what he saw on the field during his team's 44-20 loss Sunday afternoon.
On Monday, Irsay voiced his displeasure on Twitter.

"Many starters played briefly or were nursing little injuries,but it was a crap performance,my apologies/My commanders got n earful from me!"

​Lmao

NOT THE DUDE...
08-12-2013, 04:44 PM
what an idiot

Mr. Miyagi
08-12-2013, 04:52 PM
Way to throw his staff under the bus.

coastal
08-12-2013, 04:55 PM
No ****. Why chuck his staff under the bus?

strange.

Typ0
08-12-2013, 05:06 PM
gotta say something other than "preseason games don't matter" or people might start *****ing about paying full price for tickets to pre season games ....

cookie G
08-12-2013, 05:11 PM
No ****.. You have "commanders" who took their team from the first pick in the draft to the playoffs in a year.

Jim, send 'em to Buffalo!

feldspar
08-12-2013, 05:35 PM
No ****.. You have "commanders" who took their team from the first pick in the draft to the playoffs in a year.

Jim, send 'em to Buffalo!

Actually, the Colts' new head coach was out pretty much the whole season last year...not quite, but almost. Guy was diagnosed with leukemia, and all that "Chuck Strong" inspirational hoopla came out while Bruce Arians filled in for Chuck Pagano for the whole time. This is what got Bruce Arians the head coaching position for the Cardinals this year, basically.

Don't you remember watching the Bills play the Colts in Indianapolis last year? A couple of few Colts cheerleaders actually shaved their heads DURING the game in tribute to Pagano, whose head was shaved because of leukemia. Because of this, the hype and favoritism in the Colts favor was incredible during this game, as you'd have to be sub-human to root against the Colts during this broadcast...right? I couldn't believe that spectacle...I mean, not during a game.

Dunno what's wrong with an owner holding HIS organization to a higher standard though. If Ralph did this more often, I would like it, personally.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-12-2013, 05:41 PM
only an ******* who has had manning and now luck for almost 2 decades gets mad when his star qb only plays 2 series and then they sit him.... seriously, what an unenlightened ass...

Night Train
08-12-2013, 06:25 PM
There are several people here whining about the Bills win, based on their "sky is falling" predictions back in the spring.

imbondz
08-12-2013, 06:30 PM
terrible thing to say. he sounds insecure, and not like an owner. Marrone doesn't seem like a twitter guy, hope he's not on it

Turf
08-12-2013, 08:13 PM
The Colts owner can't believe we whipped em lol.

http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/indianapolis-colts-owner-jim-irsay-apologizes-for-teams-performance/

Sorry delete please I didn't see the other one.

psubills62
08-12-2013, 08:42 PM
An owner getting pissed that the Bills beat down his team? I'm on board with that. Hope it happens during the regular season too.

There is one owner (outside of division rivals) that I want to see get pissed about that: Bud Adams. Hate losing to that shmuck and having him rub it in every time.

Meathead
08-12-2013, 08:45 PM
jim irsay is cheap

mixxum
08-13-2013, 02:11 AM
Yes, please delete.

better days
08-13-2013, 02:17 AM
Yes, please delete.

AH HA Colts fan. I Knew you were NOT a Bills fan!

better days
08-13-2013, 02:19 AM
ANYONE that watched the pregame show with the Colts announcers on NFL Network could tell they like all Colts fans EXPECTED to WIN the game.

NOT to LOSE it in a BLOW OUT.

better days
08-13-2013, 02:23 AM
Anyone that watched the pregame talk by the Colts announcers on NFL Network could tell they EXPECTED the Colts to WIN this game in a BLOWOUT.

A HUGE surprise to them, the game was a BLOW OUT but the Colts were on the other end of it.

DraftBoy
08-13-2013, 07:30 AM
Its a PR move.

Irsay is trying to play the fan card here, you have to pay full price for these tickets and he's trying to imply the argument that if fans have to pay so much they deserve a better showing. Its just gum flapping and means nothing.

Historian
08-13-2013, 07:34 AM
I have to agree with Irsay.

His team sleepwalked through the entire game....especially the special teamers who are in essence, the guys who are supposed to be fighting for a roster spot.

I remember comenting to my wife, "The Colts are playing like the Bills....and visa versa."

jamze132
08-13-2013, 09:05 AM
Aaron Rodgers pulled the same PR move after their game as well.

Jan Reimers
08-13-2013, 10:04 AM
As the "Luckiest" owner in football, he should just shut up. They finish last twice in 15 years, just when Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck are available.

GingerP
08-13-2013, 10:32 AM
Irsay is a tool. He was lucky enough to inherit his father's team and is constantly spouting off about crap and making himself look like an idiot.