X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Surprise Cuts - Predictions Please

Kevin Kolb - Tuel had a very good game yesterday, and a very good practice today at camp. If Kolb doesn't perform well against the Vikings and Tuel has another good performance, Kolb is going to get cut.

Rian Lindell - Time and salary are not on Lindell's side. He has to clearly separate himself from Dustin Hopkins, and so far he hasn't done that. Hopkins has the stronger leg, but lacks experience.

Da'Rick Rogers - A lot of fans love him, but Easley could land the final spot. After Rodgers scored his first professional touchdown yesterday, he took the ball, gave it a good spin and started shooting at it. He didn't get called for a penalty, but with the new rules this year he could have been penalized for taunting. The guy is skating on this ice, and celebrates like this after scoring a TD...not good. Rogers could be practice squad material.

Brad Smith - Chris Hogan could take Brad Smith's roster spot for a lot less money.

Fred Jackson - By far, this would be the biggest surprise cut. Time isn't on Jackson's side either for a running back. Personally I hope the Bills coaching staff doesn't do it because Belichick would scoop up Freddy and the Bills offensive playbook in a heartbeat. Jackson is 32 years old and is due to make almost $3 million this year. Kendall Gaskins is having a great camp for a rookie, and Tashard Choice has already proven himself to be a serviceable backup running back in the NFL. What to do? I have no idea how Fred has looked in camp. I don't think he will get cut, but we still have 3 preseason games to go.

Who else is on the hot seat?
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Surprise Cuts - Predictions Please

I already went with F Jax.

After that I wouldn't really call Brad Smith a surprise cut. I think you're looking at minor surprises like Searcy, Moats, Lee Smith, Easley.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by X-Era View Post

After that I wouldn't really call Brad Smith a surprise cut. I think you're looking at minor surprises like Searcy, Moats, Lee Smith, Easley.
      I was going to include Moats on the list, but couldn't do it...he's versatile, I love his attitude and think he makes a good backup linebacker. Every time I hear Arthur Moats name, I hear Brett Favre getting sacked.

Brad Smith wouldn't really be a surprise cut, I agree. It would be notable, but not a big surprise.

Lee Smith would be a huge surprise, because he's the best blocking TE on the roster.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Jan 2010

ill go with notable cuts... brad smith, lee smith, Antoine Caldwell, alan branch, troup, chris white, Justin rogers, rian lindell

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Jan 2010

surprise breakout players, manuel, Easley, graham, Dickerson, Bryant, hughes, butler, a williams

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
            Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
            • Nov 2012

Tashard "USDA" choice cut.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              Legendary Zoner
              • May 2009

EJ Manuel

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

Just don't see Jackson getting cut. Guy is a veteran leader on offense - something we have very few of - and he's still smooth. He was never that fast.

Not sure I see a lot of surprise cuts. The talent on this team is quite clear and anyone among the rest could be cut. I think Da'Rick Rogers is a prime candidate to be cut.
                "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                  The Voice of Reason
                  • Jul 2007

Da'Rick isn't a surprise. Fred J would be a surprise and I think Chris White doesn't make the roster.

Who would be the bigger surprise out of Lindell and Hopkins though?
                  Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• MTBillsFan
                    • May 2003

Freddy would be a major surprise. Lindell, Da'Rick, Troup wouldn't be a surprise.
                    Send me some wings!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by X-Era View Post

FJ, he's not as fast like the rest of our team & we don't have hold-over clauses for dead weight.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

Ron Brooks.

Arthur Moats.

Marcus Easley.

I dunno if any of those 3 would be surprises though.

Comment

• feldspar
                          • Mar 2007

Sometimes it takes a lot to not call some of you people idiots.

Fred Jackson and Kolb will not get cut. Kolb is making relatively next to nothing if he doesn't start. He's the closest thing to a safety net the Bills could muster this year. He ain't going anywhere. The reason why they signed him in the first place still entirely holds, setting aside any school-girl crush some fans might have developed for Jeff Tuel suddenly.

Fred Jackson is an essential part of this team still. Although Spiller should and will be the feature back, I can't tell you how pissed I'd be if the Bills just flat-out cut Fred Jackson.

Cutting either of these two guys sure would be a surprise, mainly because it would be completely idiotic.

I can't think of a possible cut that would surprise me all that much...maybe Alan Branch or somebody.

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
                            Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
                            • Nov 2012

Someone cut Chris Brown

Comment

• Meathead
                              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                              • Jul 2002

im thinking easley gets cut in favor of brandon 'white shadow' kaufman

ok im hoping its kaufman but hes prolly going to the ps. while its possible easley has finally come around, it sorta feels like he had his chance. i guess it depends on how he does the rest of the preseason but personally i wouldnt mind if they kept someone like duhrick who has explosive potential if they think easleys gonna be a career wr4/5
                              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

Working...
                              X