• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

WR's value

Malcolm Floyd was carted off last night, could be ACL tear or sprain. Between his injury Denario Alexander, and Meachem sucking. The Chargers could be looking for WR's. If the Bills play their cards right they could have some trade partners out there.

It might not be anything crazy but picking up some late picks for guys you were possibly going to cut anyone is pretty smart business.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• ublinkwescore
    Sab and TD are insignificant
    • Sep 2002

Re: WR's value

I think that potentially, by say week 5, we could put kolb on the trading block - if we are winning, or see that EJ is developing nicely, and Tuel continues to impress.
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by The King View Post
      Malcolm Floyd was carted off last night, could be ACL tear or sprain. Between his injury Denario Alexander, and Meachem sucking. The Chargers could be looking for WR's. If the Bills play their cards right they could have some trade partners out there.

It might not be anything crazy but picking up some late picks for guys you were possibly going to cut anyone is pretty smart business.
      At the very least, if you can trade a WR you put him on a team you don't play often.

If the Bills cut a talented WR expect the Pats* to sign him.

Comment

• ICRockets
        Legendary Zoner
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by ublinkwescore View Post
        I think that potentially, by say week 5, we could put kolb on the trading block - if we are winning, or see that EJ is developing nicely, and Tuel continues to impress.
        I texted my buddy after the game and said "Kevin Kolb is going to be the Week 1 starter for the Jaguars"

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
          I texted my buddy after the game and said "Kevin Kolb is going to be the Week 1 starter for the Jaguars"
          I'm not crazy about not having a vet on this team... risky business.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• GingerP
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by better days View Post
            If the Bills cut a talented WR expect the Pats* to sign him.
            From what I've read, the Pats depth chart is pretty set at WR. They are keeping Amendola (big FA), Thompkins (UDFA running with starters), Dobson (draft pick), Boyce (draft pick), Slater (because of ST) and Edelman (knowledge of system & ST value). That's 6, I don't think they have room for another unless there is an injury.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by GingerP View Post
              From what I've read, the Pats depth chart is pretty set at WR. They are keeping Amendola (big FA), Thompkins (UDFA running with starters), Dobson (draft pick), Boyce (draft pick), Slater (because of ST) and Edelman (knowledge of system & ST value). That's 6, I don't think they have room for another unless there is an injury.
              Aside from Amendola & Eddelman, any of the rest could be cut if a TALENTED WR becomes available to the Pats*

Comment

• GingerP
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by better days View Post
                Aside from Amendola & Eddelman, any of the rest could be cut if a TALENTED WR becomes available to the Pats*
                Thompkins is the hit of camp from what I've read, he'll probably start for them. Dobson and Boyce aren't going to be cut so soon after the draft, just like the Bills with Wood and Goodwin. They are young at WR just like the Bills, it is really no different. Just like you see all the "potential" in the Bills young WR, they see it in theirs. Talent is relative. I doubt they make a move considering any player they bring in would not know their system.

As for Slater, he is a team captain because of his ST ability, kind of like SD a few years ago with Kassim Osgood. Slater was the Pro Bowl and AP All-Pro ST player the last 2 years.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                  The Voice of Reason
                  • Jul 2007

Send them Brad Smith for a Sizzler coupon.
                  Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• stuckincincy
                    Buffalo Bills Fan
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by The King View Post

It's been a tough PS for WRs and knees.
                    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ServoBillieves View Post
                      Send them Brad Smith for a Sizzler coupon.
                      Denny's. Ralph and Russ love Denny's.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Btw Graham and Stevie are both out on Fri. Don't expect us to do anything about WR until those two are healthy, if for no other reason than camp bodies.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BuffaloWingEater
                          • Aug 2012

I am sure that one-eyed war paint, suck hole, josh reed is living out of a dumpster somewhere in need of a job

Comment

• stuckincincy
                            Buffalo Bills Fan
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloWingEater View Post
                            I am sure that one-eyed war paint, suck hole, josh reed is living out of a dumpster somewhere in need of a job

Reed showed up, played hard for a club that couldn't latch on to consistently decent qb play for years on years.

Josh Reed did the best he could, and never brought shame to the club in his professional or personal life.

The shame was that he didn't latch on to another outfit...and don't wish ill for others, please.
                            Last edited by stuckincincy; 08-13-2013, 01:18 PM.
                            Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• BuffaloWingEater
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                              Reed showed up, played hard for a club that couldn't latch on to consistently decent qb for years on years.

Josh Reed did the best he could, and never brought shame to the club in his professional or personal life.

The shame was that he didn't latch on to another outfit...and don't wish ill for others, please.
                              i didn't wish ill on him. i am describing his past and most likely current state. here's what he said about buffalo and wny by the way:

“It might be different in other cities but you know, Buffalo is in Western New York. It, really as far as the layout, the landscape and the area was kind of like the South, in New York. It’s not anything like the city. It’s real laid back in the country, but the people are horrible. As far as getting in trouble in Buffalo or socially, there’s nothing to do. You go to practice and go home. In eight years we never made the playoffs and didn’t have much success, so the fans are brutal. They sit here and say they have the best fans and have the best food. No. Coming from Louisiana where you have great weather, you can go outside 90 percent of the time. The people here are just friendly; you don’t even have to know somebody. If you say,’Hello,’ they’re going to say, ‘Hello,’ back; they may even start up a conversation. Up there, you say, ‘Hello,’ they’re like, ‘What do you mean, hello?’ It’s just like if they’re so miserable up here, then move.”

And from 2002-2009 w/ the bills here are his stats:

Reed caught 311 passes for 3,575 yards and 10 touchdowns with the Bills

Comment

Working...
                              X