• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

It's nice to have 3 QB's that might start versus 3 QB's that can't start

I'm sitting here thinking, It's nice to have 3 QB's that might start versus 3 QB's that can't start. Can you even compare the possibilities of EJ / Kolb / Tuel to anyone since Drew Bledsoe ? We're heading the right way at a very key spot, just thought we need to remember how fortunate to have things completely turn around.
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: It's nice to have 3 QB's that might start versus 3 QB's that can't start

Sorry man but this just isn't what I'm seeing.

Kolb is average as a starter at this point. EJ is a rookie. Tuel has looked good against backups.

It's simply not a case where we have 3 starting caliber QB's.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
      Sorry man but this just isn't what I'm seeing.

Kolb is average as a starter at this point. EJ is a rookie. Tuel has looked good against backups.

It's simply not a case where we have 3 starting caliber QB's.
      You're missing my point, any one of these 3 could help us win. Over the previous 10 years, I wouldn't even consider our back-ups as anywhere near starting material. Point being, we have 3 guys that could lead us somewhere versus one that might & 2 that could never.

Comment

• mayotm
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
        You're missing my point, any one of these 3 could help us win. Over the previous 10 years, I wouldn't even consider our back-ups as anywhere near starting material. Point being, we have 3 guys that could lead us somewhere versus one that might & 2 that could never.
        After one pre-season game, you've decided that Tuel can "help us win"?

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by mayotm View Post
          After one pre-season game, you've decided that Tuel can "help us win"?
          You ever seen Gibran Hamdan perform like either of these guys ? It was their first game, not one INT.

Comment

• mayotm
            • Jul 2003

You ever seen Gibran Hamdan perform like either of these guys ? It was their first game, not one INT.
            Wow. Since he's better than Hamdan, he must be ready to contribute. Tuel played extremely well, but I need to see more before I'm ready to suggest he can "help us win".

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Wow. Since he's better than Hamdan, he must be ready to contribute. Tuel played extremely well, but I need to see more before I'm ready to suggest he can "help us win".
              More games would be better but a well played game speaks for itself.

Comment

• mayotm
                • Jul 2003

More games would be better but a well played game speaks for itself.
                No, it means he played well one game. If he stinks Friday, does the Indy game look as good? It's amazing to me that people want to form such definitive opinions after one game (positive and negative). It's very short sighted.
                Last edited by mayotm; 08-13-2013, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

I remember calls for Nall ball... I'm a poet and I didn't even know it.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

No, it means he played well one game. If he stinks Friday, does the Indy game look as good? It's amazing to me that people want to form such definitive opinions after one game (positive and negative). It's very short sighted.
                    Would any of our back-ups over the past 10 years have a chance to start on another team's roster ? Did any of them ? No. Could these guys start on another team's, yes & Kolb already has for the Eagles / Cards. Our previous back-ups have been horrible, so we've improved at the QB position. Depth is not a bad thing as any position in the NFL, we've had no depth whatsoever at QB since 1999 / 2000.
                    Last edited by Skooby; 08-13-2013, 05:56 PM.

Comment

• mayotm
                      • Jul 2003

Would any of our back-ups over the past 10 years have a chance to start on another team's roster ? Did any of them ? No. Could these guys start on another team's, yes & Kolb already has for the Eagles / Cards. Our previous back-ups have been horrible, so we've improved at the QB position. Depth is not a bad thing as any position in the NFL, we've had no depth whatsoever at QB since 1999 / 2000.
                      So I'm clear, you're suggesting Tuel would have a chance to start on another team right now? Depth isn't a bad thing? That's super profound, but who stated it was?

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

So I'm clear, you're suggesting Tuel would have a chance to start on another team right now? Depth isn't a bad thing? That's super profound, but who stated it was?
                        None of our back-ups over the past 10 years could of possibly started on another team & nor did they, none. We've created some good depth at our QB position, just to be clear. We've also created some good depth at WR as well, all in one year. That's us moving in the right direction, suprisingly.
                        Last edited by Skooby; 08-13-2013, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Tuel wouldn't be a starter anywhere, come on man.

Kevin Kolb might be on his last chance to prove he can start in this league.

Manuel is an unknown.

Comment

• mayotm
                            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                            Tuel wouldn't be a starter anywhere, come on man.

Kevin Kolb might be on his last chance to prove he can start in this league.

Manuel is an unknown.
                            Well, Tuel can be a starter in Skooby land.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                              Skoobasaurus-Rex
                              • Oct 2011

Well, Tuel can be a starter in Skooby land.
                              I didn't say he'd be a starter now but he could be a starter, none of our recent back-ups could ever make that claim.

Comment

Working...
                              X