PDA

View Full Version : NFL.com Power Rankings

TigerJ
08-13-2013, 08:23 PM
Buffalo stuck at 29 despite beating the Colts (who retain their #12 ranking). Go figure. This power ranking was done by Elliot Harrison, analyst for NFL.com and the NFL network. At least he mentioned Manuel's 9 for 9 performance in the two minute drill as a positive. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000229425/article/power-rankings-injuries-keep-broncos-seahawks-below-49ers

SeatownBillsFan21
08-13-2013, 11:10 PM
Right where we should be

wozrob11
08-14-2013, 06:51 AM
I know its 1 game into preseason which means nothing and we played great against the colts but lets get real if Luck stayed in that game he would of torched our secondary which is average at best !! so like SeatwonBillsFan21 said we are right where we should be for preseason power rankings and the 2 minute drill was against Indys third string D so lets not get ahead of our selves just yet

Fletch
08-14-2013, 07:56 AM
Buffalo stuck at 29 despite beating the Colts (who retain their #12 ranking). Go figure. This power ranking was done by Elliot Harrison, analyst for NFL.com and the NFL network. At least he mentioned Manuel's 9 for 9 performance in the two minute drill as a positive. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000229425/article/power-rankings-injuries-keep-broncos-seahawks-below-49ers

Yeah, despite beating the Colts.

LOL

I guess that someone at NFL.com realized that beating up on 2nd, 3rd, and 4th soon to be cuttees isn't all that impressive.

gebobs
08-14-2013, 07:59 AM
Yeah...it's easy to get excited about the team and wish it would translate to national recognition of progress, but a preseason game isn't going to do that.

But enough sober reality. How about some irrational exuberance?

The offense is much better than last year. I like the high tempo style. Gailey tried it and failed utterly. Marrone and Hackett look like they have taught EJ and Tuel well and the kids seemingly have lapped it up. Running backs, as they have been for a while, the strongest element of the offense. A good 1-2-3 punch with Choice able to spell the top two. What can you say about the wideouts? In the past, it was Stevie and a bunch of nobodies. Now we have a wealth of young talent, the luxury to see which of them pans out, and the outside possibility of getting something for one of them as injuries arise around the league. Tight end, as usual, is not a focus but maybe one of them will overtake Chandler (not a fan). The line hopefully will continue their progress.

On defense, hope springs eternal for the stud line. I was really impressed with Kiko and pleasantly surprised by the play of Lawson. If the Bills can get Byrd back, I think the backfield will be pretty good and will hopefully benefit from a good press from the front four.

The return game is explosive. Cover teams were amazing at times. Kicking is a question mark. Powell needs to step it up.

Lots to be optimistic about.

bdutton
08-14-2013, 08:37 AM
Its preseason. The wins and losses mean very little when 75% of the games are played with the backups and undrafted rookie free agents trying to make the team.

I posted earlier that they were 31st on a cbs sports poll.

So 29 is an improvement over that! ;)