PDA

View Full Version : Ok Sabre info

tampabay25690
08-13-2013, 09:31 PM
Nothing real huge but!!!!!!!!

Made my call today to find out on the Sabres front...

The Sabres did want to sign Vanek and long him up BUT he will not right now. I do know he was almost traded in the past week and trade fell through....
Sabres are still trying to find suitors but most teams are not taking on big salaries due to the cap coming down.
If the Sabres are not contending look at Vanek being gone mid season or even before......

Miller---- ok he was a lock to stay but big change on his front as well.... I have said this all season he just feels like the organization, and locals are pushing him out!!!!
Like I said a while back the Sabres had a huge chance to trade miller to Tampa when they were in FL....
At that time the Sabres were very committed to Miller and the future....

Yes they r trying to move him but for the right price and that it......
Very quiet in trade talks for him.....

OpIv37
08-14-2013, 07:42 AM
I said a while back that Vanek's contract is going to be a barrier to trade.

Hopefully they can get something done- if he won't sign long term, that means he doesn't want to be here and we will lose him for nothing after the season anyway.

tampabay25690
08-14-2013, 12:59 PM
I know he lost his close friends on the team.
He was very close to Pominville and Roy.

He really wants to see how the rebuild goes.....

OpIv37
08-14-2013, 01:08 PM
This year isn't going to tell him much. It's time to bottom out.

Captain Obvious
08-14-2013, 03:09 PM
It's time to bottom out.

But you also want Terry Pegula to spend to the cap limit. You appear to want the Sabres to bottom out and rebuild and also spend money and make a playoff push at the same time

OpIv37
08-14-2013, 05:29 PM
But you also want Terry Pegula to spend to the cap limit. You appear to want the Sabres to bottom out and rebuild and also spend money and make a playoff push at the same time

What I want is the fence-sitting to stop. Ideally, we trade Vanek and Miller, get younger and bottom out. The other option is to spend and bring in some talent because we aren't winning with wha we have.

The Sabres are doing neither right now. They are maintaining the status quo and we've seen what that gets us.

JATMtheJATM
08-14-2013, 06:29 PM
does this tampa guy actually have connections? or is this another guy who claims he knows whats what and doesnt?

tampabay25690
08-14-2013, 06:56 PM
does this tampa guy actually have connections? or is this another guy who claims he knows whats what and doesnt?

Ha ha.... I just come up with stuff....
I'm to busy to post crap on here...

- - - Updated - - -

What I want is the fence-sitting to stop. Ideally, we trade Vanek and Miller, get younger and bottom out. The other option is to spend and bring in some talent because we aren't winning with wha we have.

The Sabres are doing neither right now. They are maintaining the status quo and we've seen what that gets us.

Don't think they will bottom out..
They have enough young talent to win but just how many wins...

OpIv37
08-14-2013, 09:03 PM
what young talent do they have this year that they didn't have last year? Armia maybe?

mightysimi
08-14-2013, 09:39 PM
Other than Miller going 2010 again, I don't see how Buffalo isn't drafting in the top 5

tampabay25690
08-14-2013, 09:44 PM
what young talent do they have this year that they didn't have last year? Armia maybe?

Still have young talent.
Look at all the forwards all way under 30

We will see..

SkateZilla
08-15-2013, 04:03 PM
Miller and Vanek Arent going anywhere.

JATMtheJATM
08-15-2013, 05:04 PM

the difference is the young talent the did have thats a year older and better. expect grigerenko to be a better player in many different areas. plus he has been working hard on his skating.

im not saying hes going to score 30 goals, but he will be better.

OpIv37
08-15-2013, 07:58 PM
the difference is the young talent the did have thats a year older and better. expect grigerenko to be a better player in many different areas. plus he has been working hard on his skating.

Did you happen to notice how bad this team was last season?

If he or someone else not named Vanek or Hogson doesn't score 30, we are headed toward a bottom 5 finish.

OpIv37
08-15-2013, 07:59 PM

Until 2014 FA starts and they walk for nothing. We are headed toward Briere/Drury 2.

tampabay25690
08-15-2013, 08:16 PM

All depends

- - - Updated - - -

If he or someone else not named Vanek or Hogson doesn't score 30, we are headed toward a bottom 5 finish.

We will see

JATMtheJATM
08-15-2013, 09:04 PM

somewhat expected. the youth movement is just beginning. it will continue. i dont expect the sabres to contend this year. probably not even next year. this year will be like 02-03 (terrible) and next year like 03-04 (started slow, but the young guns came on strong and the team almost made the playoffs)

- - - Updated - - -

Until 2014 FA starts and they walk for nothing. We are headed toward Briere/Drury 2.

nah, theyll be moved. but likely not for what darcy is seeking currently.

PTI
08-16-2013, 01:43 PM
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=680102&cmpid=nhl-fb

30 in 30: Sabres need Rolston to accelerate rebuild

SkateZilla
08-19-2013, 11:23 AM
on the bright side...

Everyone knows the way Buffalo Players play in Contract years..

Vanek and Miller both on contract years might be a good thing at this point.

YankeeInRaleigh
08-19-2013, 11:41 AM
expect grigerenko to be a better player in many different areas. plus he has been working hard on his skating.

So he's going to be better than thoroughly ineffectual, and a complete waste of a roster spot :) ? Good to know!

JATMtheJATM
08-19-2013, 04:43 PM
So he's going to be better than thoroughly ineffectual, and a complete waste of a roster spot :) ? Good to know!

they brought him along way to fast. should have left him in quebec last year. maybe even this year, and let him work his way through the pros. why rush him? why chance it?

YankeeInRaleigh
08-21-2013, 08:16 AM
they brought him along way to fast. should have left him in quebec last year. maybe even this year, and let him work his way through the pros. why rush him? why chance it?

I agree, I wish i'd seen zero of him last year, I hope he wasn't 'ruined' or anything like that. I'm kind of doubting he'll be any more effective this year, but who knows.

JATMtheJATM
08-21-2013, 05:05 PM
I agree, I wish i'd seen zero of him last year, I hope he wasn't 'ruined' or anything like that. I'm kind of doubting he'll be any more effective this year, but who knows.

i think he will be more effective. he will be slightly older, his body will mature a little, and he will mature. im not saying its going to be like night and day, but im sure there will be some positive improvements.

however, he was in buffalo all summer to work on his skating. that alone could make major differences too.

trapezeus
08-23-2013, 09:00 AM
i think if the new kids don't rely on vanek like vanek's "friends" did, that vanek may feel a lot less pressure to be on every night. I don't expect much from the sabres. i mean this team can't even get the 3rd jerseys out in the window they said they would. But if the young guys progress and rolston's coaching and philosphy is sound, it's not hard to think they could be 1 of 8 teams out of 16 to be in the top half of their Conference for a chance in the playoffs.

and as we all know, you just have to get into the dance to be able to boogie. weak playoff teams can always get hot for no reason whatsoever. Thankfully, this approach has been darcy's only philosphy with the exception of the 2007 year where we won the president's cup. and we decided we hated that experience so much we jettisoned the two leaders and made a commitment to never win like that ever again!

JATMtheJATM
08-26-2013, 07:53 PM
Hearing great things about the sabres skating all summer and buying into the skating coach 100% per garth yesterday.

this includes myers, i believe.

DetDannyWilliams
08-26-2013, 09:52 PM
In addition to normal strength training this offseason, Myers said that he’s taken special attention to mental training for the first time in his career.
“Going into seasons in the past, I’ve never trained my mind like this so it’s a different approach and I’ve actually really enjoyed it,” he said. “I’ve really tried to embrace the work behind it – to just be prepared for any type of situation that comes up.”
He’s also been working out with a group of teammates over the summer. Myers said they met in Buffalo for a three-week stint in June and that they’re working together again now.
http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=680764&navid=DL|BUF|home

SkateZilla
08-27-2013, 10:47 AM
Why was Chicago so good? they trained while everyone else tried to play lawyer

JATMtheJATM
08-27-2013, 05:07 PM
In addition to normal strength training this offseason, Myers said that he’s taken special attention to mental training for the first time in his career.
“Going into seasons in the past, I’ve never trained my mind like this so it’s a different approach and I’ve actually really enjoyed it,” he said. “I’ve really tried to embrace the work behind it – to just be prepared for any type of situation that comes up.”
He’s also been working out with a group of teammates over the summer. Myers said they met in Buffalo for a three-week stint in June and that they’re working together again now.
http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=680764&navid=DL|BUF|home

i really really am encouraged by this.

DetDannyWilliams
08-27-2013, 06:23 PM
beyond blue & gold Dev. camp (this one is awesome) http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=1394&id=442651&cmpid=embed-share-video&navid=DL|BUF|home

DetDannyWilliams
08-27-2013, 07:23 PM
Sabres Vanek didn't ask for a trade
Vanek spent all summer working out in Minneapolis and tried not to think too much about the situation here, “The summer was good. My workouts went well and besides that, I really didn’t think about anything too much. If something was going to happen, I’m sure I was going to get a phone call, but the day I left here, I planned on coming back and here I am.” Vanek added, “Is a rebuild what I wanted, no, but I’m open to it and I want to see where it leads to first.”
There have been many rumors swirling this summer that Vanek asked to be traded. He said, “No, I never asked to be traded so when people do mention it, I’m surprised. Did I think I was going to get traded, no because I never once went in there and said I don’t want to be here. I said, ‘Right now I’m not looking for an extension, but not saying that I wouldn’t want one down the road, but right now I just want to see where it goes’.” Vanek added, “We’re a young team, we’re rebuilding and those are my words, so I’m keeping my options open.” http://www.wgr550.com/Sabres-Vanek-didn-t-ask-for-a-trade/17157154