X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Battle for roles at DT getting tight

IMO, this and the wr position would be the most difficult decisions coaches will have to make.
    Pettine has said more than once that versatility is the strength of his defensive scheme, with several players asked to know how to effectively play two positions. For defensive tackles however, the versatility isn’t as high a priority.

“Not as much,” said Pettine. ”We’d like to have those guys know two positions so it’s either the end and the tackle or the tackle and the nose, but it’s not as critical as it is for the edge guys or the off the ball guys.”
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • ServoBillieves
    The Voice of Reason
    • Jul 2007

Re: Battle for roles at DT getting tight

I have this sick feeling that Troup is still in the fold for making the team. He has the bulk and strength to take on 2 blockers and while his numbers and playmaking ability aren't there he could beat out Branch for that spot.
    Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ServoBillieves View Post
      I have this sick feeling that Troup is still in the fold for making the team. He has the bulk and strength to take on 2 blockers and while his numbers and playmaking ability aren't there he could beat out Branch for that spot.
      UH-oh. You done it. Here comes Opiv. Replace Easley with Troup and same argument all over again.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

If we plan to give enough 3-4 looks during the year, Troup is a guaranteed lock to make the team.

He's a very good space eater at the middle of the attack.

He isn't much else, but that's the main priority of the NT anyway.

Which if we don't plan on giving a lot of 3-4 looks, he has no business being here anymore.

Comment

• Mace
          Haha...yeah you think so ?
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
          UH-oh. You done it. Here comes Opiv. Replace Easley with Troup and same argument all over again.
          I'm not sure Easley could beat out Branch at DT, but Shawn Powell might.

Troup at FB, Easley at CB, Powell at DT, and Branch can punt. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Comment

Working...
          X