PDA

View Full Version : Some Prayers wanted

mixxum
08-16-2013, 01:40 AM
Hey all. I know I post some off the wall things from time to time. But I am in a potentially dreadful situation. My wife has been hospitalized for the last several weeks with a large stomach ulcer. She had gastric bypass 7 years ago and has always struggled. I have no doubt that without the surgery that she would be dead right now. Her blood pressure and blood sugar were out of control. Since she had the surgery every thing seemed to be better. However chronic headaches caused her to take to many nsaids. These can damage your stomach. She also was a smoker which also causes you to produce less of the stuff that makes your stomach less acidic. She has since quit smoking. She has been doing all the right things but has ended up back in the hospital. She just can't eat. She had a scope done today that showed a HUGE ulcer. She is getting IV fluids and a protonix drip. I am so worried that she may never get better, what would I do??? We have three little children together. I believe in the power of prayer and hope that all of you all will say one for her.

Her name is Robin.

Beebe
08-16-2013, 01:45 AM
I did it.PSALM 91.

mixxum
08-16-2013, 02:41 AM
I can't sleep, Thank you Beebe, I just read that from my daughter's bible, beautiful.

Buffatexas
08-16-2013, 04:58 AM
Prayers for you and yours!

Night Train
08-16-2013, 05:18 AM
All the best thoughts.

stuckincincy
08-16-2013, 05:19 AM
Prayers and good wishes.

jmb1099
08-16-2013, 06:16 AM
Portions of Psalms 55 might be comforting
Psalm 55:1-2, 4-5, 16-18 NIV

Listen to my prayer, O God, do not ignore my plea; hear me and answer me. My thoughts trouble me and I am distraught My heart is in anguish within me; the terrors of death have fallen on me. Fear and trembling have beset me; horror has overwhelmed me. As for me, I call to God, and the Lord saves me. Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice. He rescues me unharmed from the battle waged against me, even though many oppose me.
Praying for you and robin

coastal
08-16-2013, 06:36 AM
Job 11:3,5, "Should thy lies make men hold their peace? and when thou mockest, shall no man make thee ashamed? But oh that God would speak, and open his lips against thee;"

justasportsfan
08-16-2013, 06:51 AM
My thoughts and prayers!

T-Long
08-16-2013, 07:17 AM
My wife is very religious and constantly prays different prayers and novenas throughout the day. I will pass this along to her and she will add you to the list of people she prays for daily! Hang in there....I got 3 kids too and I can't imagine....

The King
08-16-2013, 07:19 AM
:pray:

Jeff1220
08-16-2013, 07:30 AM
<-- Praying for Robin.

Jan Reimers
08-16-2013, 07:34 AM
I will pray for Robin, you and your children. The best thing we can do is pray and put this problem in God's loving hands.

Figster
08-16-2013, 07:44 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you

Skooby
08-16-2013, 07:46 AM
You have our prayers from Florida.

clumping platelets
08-16-2013, 07:49 AM
:pray:

Bills Juggernaut
08-16-2013, 08:24 AM
Just said a prayer for you...............

Dr. Lecter
08-16-2013, 08:27 AM
Job 11:3,5, "Should thy lies make men hold their peace? and when thou mockest, shall no man make thee ashamed? But oh that God would speak, and open his lips against thee;"

This.

better days
08-16-2013, 08:44 AM
Robin is in my prayers.

THATHURMANATOR
08-16-2013, 09:51 AM
Prayers!

POTLAND PSILBYLO
08-16-2013, 09:55 AM
I'm not religious but I'll share this with a neighbor who is. The best I can do.

sukie
08-16-2013, 10:14 AM
Worry will drive you nuts and is a total waste of energy and isn;t good for you and your kids. Just have faith that God's plan is the only plan. A remedy for the ulcer will come. Trust is what you need to do.

Mr. Miyagi
08-16-2013, 10:20 AM
Keeping Robin in my thoughts.

Oaf
08-16-2013, 10:59 AM
Admire your humility and vulnerability in coming to us with your struggle. Thanks for sharing it w/ us. Keep us posted on the updates.

TigerJ
08-16-2013, 11:12 AM
As I write, I'm lifting Robin up in prayer, and you, though I suspect mixxum is not your real name LOL. Sukie gave you some good advice about worry, though it's hard not to sometimes. Robin and your children are depending on you to be strong right now. Here's a verse you might find helpful: "Cast all your anxiety on him (Jesus) becausee he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7. Again, easier said than done at a time like this, but when you're done praying, do something that demands your focus on your activity and it may take your mind off worrying for a while. Enjoy your children. When you are at the hospital, don't hesitate to ask her doctors the hard questions. I think it's always better to know.

cablesabres68
08-16-2013, 11:29 AM
Prayers to u and ur family

DesertFox24
08-16-2013, 12:24 PM
Praying for fast recovery

SquishDaFish
08-16-2013, 02:42 PM
Prayers

tampabay25690
08-16-2013, 02:43 PM
Prayers man!!! Hope everything works out

superbills
08-16-2013, 03:02 PM
Prayers being offered up for you, Robin, and your family!

Mace
08-16-2013, 07:40 PM
Hey all. I know I post some off the wall things from time to time. But I am in a potentially dreadful situation. My wife has been hospitalized for the last several weeks with a large stomach ulcer. She had gastric bypass 7 years ago and has always struggled. I have no doubt that without the surgery that she would be dead right now. Her blood pressure and blood sugar were out of control. Since she had the surgery every thing seemed to be better. However chronic headaches caused her to take to many nsaids. These can damage your stomach. She also was a smoker which also causes you to produce less of the stuff that makes your stomach less acidic. She has since quit smoking. She has been doing all the right things but has ended up back in the hospital. She just can't eat. She had a scope done today that showed a HUGE ulcer. She is getting IV fluids and a protonix drip. I am so worried that she may never get better, what would I do??? We have three little children together. I believe in the power of prayer and hope that all of you all will say one for her.

Her name is Robin.

You get the thoughts and prayers certainly, but don't give up on her, she's not done yet. From what I understand there's an excellent chance to healing peptic ulcers, no matter how bad. If it becomes chronic, there's another reason for it and it sounds like they're on it.

My sister is just coming out of a 4 month hospitalization from something they couldn't figure out and seemed on the ropes. Took 4 months, but they figured it out.

Keep the faith. Robin's not done yet, by the grace of God. And she's going to need you to believe it and help her to.

Thoughts and prayers.

Billsouth
08-16-2013, 08:57 PM
Mixxum,

The best thing you can do is pray on your knees. Please start by praying to our God and accept the greatest gift in history... Salvation. Accept Jesus into your heart as your savior and you will have the God of the universe on your side. God just wants to have a relationship with you. He loves you dearly and wants to bless you. As a husband and father you are designed to be a servant leader for your family. I will do whatever I can. I have been in your shoes. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to talk. God Bless you and your family.

MTBillsFan
08-16-2013, 09:56 PM
I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. God Speed.

GvilleBills
08-16-2013, 11:02 PM
Thoughts and Prayers...

mixxum
08-17-2013, 12:48 AM
Thanks to all of you. Ive been really scared. However we had a small win today. She ate two small pieces of cheese and did not throw up. A baby step. If she can eat then she can come home. If not then she has to go to a tertiary center for surgery.

Sorry for posting this here. I was up late and just vented. Reading all of your post made me feel better, the ironic thing is after all of your posts, she ate for the first time in two weeks.

mixxum
08-17-2013, 12:59 AM
As I write, I'm lifting Robin up in prayer, and you, though I suspect mixxum is not your real name LOL. Sukie gave you some good advice about worry, though it's hard not to sometimes. Robin and your children are depending on you to be strong right now. Here's a verse you might find helpful: "Cast all your anxiety on him (Jesus) becausee he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7. Again, easier said than done at a time like this, but when you're done praying, do something that demands your focus on your activity and it may take your mind off worrying for a while. Enjoy your children. When you are at the hospital, don't hesitate to ask her doctors the hard questions. I think it's always better to know.

Thank you for this. Mixxum is not my real name, Dale is my first name. I live just outside of Utica.

I love the Bills. I actually was a Cowboys fan as a child. I went into the service at 19. It was right before the Bills run of 4 straight super bowls. My room mate was a huge Dolphin's fan. He would always rag me. "Damn Yankee" and his northern teams. It was then that I fell in love with the Bills.

By the way great game today. A lot of promise.

mixxum
08-17-2013, 02:54 AM
Portions of Psalms 55 might be comforting
Psalm 55:1-2, 4-5, 16-18 NIV

Listen to my prayer, O God, do not ignore my plea; hear me and answer me. My thoughts trouble me and I am distraught My heart is in anguish within me; the terrors of death have fallen on me. Fear and trembling have beset me; horror has overwhelmed me. As for me, I call to God, and the Lord saves me. Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice. He rescues me unharmed from the battle waged against me, even though many oppose me.
Praying for you and robin

Thank you