PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS -- Coastal Please Re-Plan Your Evening....Mario is Dressed But Will NOT

SpikedLemonade
08-16-2013, 05:27 PM
...play.

There goes my parlay including the Bills winning by 4 points.

coastal
08-16-2013, 07:01 PM
Why isn't Fool's Gold playing?

his piggies hurt?

SpikedLemonade
08-16-2013, 07:03 PM
Diamonds are a girls best friend.

coastal
08-16-2013, 09:43 PM
What about doorknobs?

BuffaloRedleg
08-16-2013, 10:18 PM
Man I hate that you have been right, but I gotta give you props for being the only person against the move when it happened.

I've actually cited the facts you brought up many times with non-Bills fans when discussing the move, one of which totally agreed as a Texans fan.

One day people will understand that sack numbers are not the most important metric by which you should judge a pass rusher. His 12 sacks were useless. I mean, 12 sacks out of how many snaps did he play all year? 12 sacks out of 1000 plays maybe? That's completely insignificant. Even 20 sacks is insignificant, although you'd think that with that many sacks he would have had a ton of time getting in the QBs place to go along with it.

It's dominance that should be sought after. Constant pressure on the QB. Forcing the team to double team you. Batting down passes. That's what we need, we did not get that. Yeah yeah injury 12 sacks is awesome blah blah, if anyone thinks he was dominant they are just kidding themselves. The sacks in and of themselves are good of course, but it's when the sacks occurred also that matters as much. I don't remember him ever once having a game changing sack.

Maybe this year, we'll see.

coastal
08-16-2013, 10:53 PM
Man I hate that you have been right, but I gotta give you props for being the only person against the move when it happened.

I've actually cited the facts you brought up many times with non-Bills fans when discussing the move, one of which totally agreed as a Texans fan.

One day people will understand that sack numbers are not the most important metric by which you should judge a pass rusher. His 12 sacks were useless. I mean, 12 sacks out of how many snaps did he play all year? 12 sacks out of 1000 plays maybe? That's completely insignificant. Even 20 sacks is insignificant, although you'd think that with that many sacks he would have had a ton of time getting in the QBs place to go along with it.

It's dominance that should be sought after. Constant pressure on the QB. Forcing the team to double team you. Batting down passes. That's what we need, we did not get that. Yeah yeah injury 12 sacks is awesome blah blah, if anyone thinks he was dominant they are just kidding themselves. The sacks in and of themselves are good of course, but it's when the sacks occurred also that matters as much. I don't remember him ever once having a game changing sack.

Maybe this year, we'll see.
The more you see and hear about this guy... he just sounds like a really strange dude.

BTW.. he recently made the Forbes top 10 list of overpaid players. They based the list on production v pay.

BuffaloRedleg
08-16-2013, 11:03 PM
The more you see and hear about this guy... he just sounds like a really strange dude.

BTW.. he recently made the Forbes top 10 list of overpaid players. They based the list on production v pay.

Saw that. Not surprising. I know we had to overpay him to get him, and it's about changing the culture of this team. I get that.

But, man I want to punch myself in the face for thinking this would be like Reggie White going to the Packers. He's not that type of player, he's productive but in a workmanlike way not in a dominant beast type of way. He's not a leader like Reggie was.... and that's fine. But you gotta be dominant, and he isn't.

Thunderkyss
08-17-2013, 08:36 AM
Saw that. Not surprising. I know we had to overpay him to get him, and it's about changing the culture of this team. I get that.

But, man I want to punch myself in the face for thinking this would be like Reggie White going to the Packers. He's not that type of player, he's productive but in a workmanlike way not in a dominant beast type of way. He's not a leader like Reggie was.... and that's fine. But you gotta be dominant, and he isn't.

I here what you're saying, but Reggie White did not turn the Packers around all by himself. He didn't lead the Eagles to anything special either.... but we remember him as a dominant player (20 sacks in 12 games).

The Packers got a new GM, new HC, & a new QB (Favre) in 1992, & picked up Reggie in '93. Without Favre, Holmgren, & Wolfe, Reggie's 13 sacks in '93 wouldn't have affected the game much at all. None of them would be considered "game changing"

You've got what could be a great coaching staff now.... & you might have a great F.O. now (I think it's arguable)... & you might have your QB now.

But even in Houston, Mario's never really been on a winning team. That 9-7 2009 season was about it. I thought it was odd that Mario would go to Buffalo if he wanted to be on a winning team, but he said he wanted to be part of something & the writing was on the wall in Houston.

In summary, don't worry about Mario, he's going to give you his best, & while that may not be worth $100M on it's own, he's not the reason you aren't winning championships.

coastal
08-17-2013, 12:52 PM
I here what you're saying, but Reggie White did not turn the Packers around all by himself. He didn't lead the Eagles to anything special either.... but we remember him as a dominant player (20 sacks in 12 games).

The Packers got a new GM, new HC, & a new QB (Favre) in 1992, & picked up Reggie in '93. Without Favre, Holmgren, & Wolfe, Reggie's 13 sacks in '93 wouldn't have affected the game much at all. None of them would be considered "game changing"

You've got what could be a great coaching staff now.... & you might have a great F.O. now (I think it's arguable)... & you might have your QB now.

But even in Houston, Mario's never really been on a winning team. That 9-7 2009 season was about it. I thought it was odd that Mario would go to Buffalo if he wanted to be on a winning team, but he said he wanted to be part of something & the writing was on the wall in Houston.

In summary, don't worry about Mario, he's going to give you his best, & while that may not be worth $100M on it's own, he's not the reason you aren't winning championships.
No. We aren't losing because of Mario.

were losing because of the decision making that brought him here.

cookie G
08-17-2013, 01:50 PM

Huh?

Green Bay's defense was fair to middling in the years before Reggie White got there. His first year, they went from 23rd in the league in yards allowed to 2nd. Every year but his 1st (1993), they were in the top 5 in the league in points allowed. Every year but 1, they were in the top 10 in yards allowed, with 3 top 5 finishes in 6 years. Not surprisingly, the next 2 years after he left, they went right back to being an average defense.

Sorry, but Reggie White made a massive difference on the Packers' defense when he was there, and hell, that was a guy playing in his 30's.

It is more than mere luck that Reggie White played on great defenses throughout his career, while Mario hasn't.

Reggie was an intregral part of making his defenses great.

Mario hasn't.

2 players that shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-17-2013, 02:28 PM
There goes my parlay including the Bills winning by 4 points.

Did you make the parlay or push?

Thunderkyss
08-17-2013, 03:16 PM
Huh?

Green Bay's defense was fair to middling in the years before Reggie White got there. His first year, they went from 23rd in the league in yards allowed to 2nd.

I didn't say any different.

SpikedLemonade
08-17-2013, 03:47 PM
Did you make the parlay or push?

All 4 home teams had to win by 4 points -- Chiefs didn't.

That is the "almost" part.

I stupidly also took the Winnipeg Blue Bombers by 4 at home as well.

I now hate the CFL.