PDA

View Full Version : Planning my first visit to the Ralph. Best bargain seats?

pats-were-right
08-16-2013, 05:39 PM
No idea of sight lines, etc. where are the best "cheap" seats?

better days
08-16-2013, 05:44 PM
No idea of sight lines, etc. where are the best "cheap" seats?

If you are talking about the opening regular season game, you are going to have to pay. The games is sold out & not a bad seat in the house.

Even the nosebleeds offer a good view of the game.

SpikedLemonade
08-16-2013, 05:45 PM
I am never sure how to respond to these types of requests.

It is like a tourist coming from another country to a desired country asking if they should pack a luggage bag full of food not due to allergies or rare items but to save some money.

The cheapest seat is outside of the stadium.

pats-were-right
08-16-2013, 06:11 PM

It is like a tourist coming from another country to a desired country asking if they should pack a luggage bag full of food not due to allergies or rare items but to save some money.

You're overthinking my question.

ThunderGun
08-16-2013, 06:33 PM
Avoid the endzones. It's hard to see what is going on on the other and if the field.

Anywhere in the upper deck (the 300's) will give you an amazing view. They also happen to be some of the cheapest seats in the house.

better days
08-16-2013, 06:37 PM
Avoid the endzones. It's hard to see what is going on on the other and if the field.

Anywhere in the upper deck (the 300's) will give you an amazing view. They also happen to be some of the cheapest seats in the house.

True it's hard to see what is going on the other end of the field from the endzone, but when the ball is at the 50 on in it is a GREAT view.

BillsFever21
08-16-2013, 07:10 PM
I've never sat in the upper deck at RWS. I did at Heinz Field and the view wasn't too bad. It was the front row of the upper deck around the 30 yard line though. Not sure how good it would be if you're further back in the upper deck.

Anymore it depends on what you're considering cheap seats. The ticket prices have went up quite a bit over the past several years. I think the cheapest ticket is in the family zone and the rock pile and they still run $55 or so a game. Not too long ago they were $35-$40 a seat.

better days
08-16-2013, 09:16 PM
I've never sat in the upper deck at RWS. I did at Heinz Field and the view wasn't too bad. It was the front row of the upper deck around the 30 yard line though. Not sure how good it would be if you're further back in the upper deck.

Anymore it depends on what you're considering cheap seats. The ticket prices have went up quite a bit over the past several years. I think the cheapest ticket is in the family zone and the rock pile and they still run $55 or so a game. Not too long ago they were $35-$40 a seat. Compared to MANY NFL Stadiums including Foxboro, even the more expensive seats at the Ralph would be considered CHEAP.

Scumbag College
08-16-2013, 09:53 PM
If you don't mind a raucous crowd, the Rockpile is a fun place to watch the game. I don't know if bringing young kids would be the best, though.

Except for the corporate boxes, I would splurge and pay for some of the better seats if you want a good first time experience. NFL.com has a ticket exchange where you won't be horribly gouged if you take a few minutes and do some research.

BillsFever21
08-16-2013, 09:59 PM
Compared to MANY NFL Stadiums including Foxboro, even the more expensive seats at the Ralph would be considered CHEAP.

Of course compared to other stadiums it's cheap. You get what you pay for and it depends on the size of the market/demand, how good the team has been and how attractive the stadium is. Was just saying they have went up a lot the past several years ago.

I used to have season tickets in the corner EZ up till 2008 and the tickets were around $50. Now they run $90+ a ticket for that same spot. The Rock Pile used to be around $30 a ticket now they run over $50 a game. I'm sure they have went up everywhere though.

SquishDaFish
08-16-2013, 10:04 PM
My seasons are in the rockpile 203. Love my seats. sat in endzone 7 rows from field tonight. I agree other side of field sucks but man 50 on in towards us was fn sick

BillsFever21
08-16-2013, 10:05 PM
I'm not sure how much they are now but when I saw the Bills play at Heinz Field in 2007 it was around $60 for the ticket but the stadium was much nicer. You didn't have to wait to take a leak or hardly wait in line at the concession stands. You could literally leave your seat during a timeout and take a leak and grab a drink and barely miss a minute of the game. It would take you almost an entire quarter at RWS. I couldn't believe the difference when I went to another stadium for the first time.

tampabay25690
08-16-2013, 10:09 PM
Any seat at he Ralph is cheap.

better days
08-16-2013, 10:21 PM
Of course compared to other stadiums it's cheap. You get what you pay for and it depends on the size of the market/demand, how good the team has been and how attractive the stadium is. Was just saying they have went up a lot the past several years ago.

I used to have season tickets in the corner EZ up till 2008 and the tickets were around $50. Now they run $90+ a ticket for that same spot. The Rock Pile used to be around $30 a ticket now they run over $50 a game. I'm sure they have went up everywhere though. I had Season Tickets at the Club Level when I lived in Buffalo. 35 yd line The press box was a few rows behind me. I remember a Monday night game & Howard Cosell was there in the press box smoking his stogie, window open. I think those tickets cost me about $50.00 Of Course Gas was about .75c / gal.

Uncle Jesse
08-17-2013, 09:25 AM
If you don't mind a raucous crowd, the Rockpile is a fun place to watch the game. I don't know if bringing young kids would be the best, though.

This is where I sit and it's the suggestion I would give as well.

HAMMER
08-17-2013, 09:38 AM

This post is really douchey.

better days
08-17-2013, 10:02 AM
This post is really douchey.

I don't think so. The OP is a Pats* fan looking to come into town on the cheap.

I think Spiked was on target.