PDA

View Full Version : Take this to the bank...

BidsJr
08-16-2013, 09:45 PM
Da'rick Rodgers to the PS, Easley and Hogan make the team.

MTBillsFan
08-16-2013, 09:51 PM

I'd take that to the bank! Also, kick Kolb to the curb!

Meathead
08-16-2013, 09:59 PM
if duhrick gets cut somebody is going to claim him before he ever gets to the bills practice squad

for that reason i think he probably makes the team, with hogan a good chance to make the ps along with at least one other of the undrafted wrs

Night Train
08-16-2013, 09:59 PM
Rodgers isn't earning any playing time. I was there and he came in after everyone else at WR had played.

Another internet legend without merit.

psubills62
08-16-2013, 10:03 PM
Yeah, for all the talk of Rogers' ability, I haven't seen much of anything out of him. I think if people were talking about on-the-field production, it would be hard to argue for him making the roster.

BADTHINGSMAN
08-16-2013, 10:07 PM
Rogers is the next Eric Moulds though. Just ask NTD.

tampabay25690
08-16-2013, 10:12 PM
Yeah, for all the talk of Rogers' ability, I haven't seen much of anything out of him. I think if people were talking about on-the-field production, it would be hard to argue for him making the roster.

There is something else going on...
Don't think Marrone a huge fan of his....

I have heard on numerous occasions by outside media that Rogers looked very impressive ....
But yea if he goes to PS he will be goner..

You can't see his ability if h doesn't play!!

BillsFever21
08-16-2013, 10:15 PM
I thought Rodgers was the next Julio Jones and was going to be the starting WR opposite of Stevie Johnson in Week 1?

If they do see any big talent in him they need to keep him on the roster. There would be a good chance somebody would claim him off the practice squad if he truly is that talented. There's a reason why nobody drafted him though. Much of it was his character but if he truly was that talented somebody would've used a draft pick on him.

I thought for sure we would see more of him during the preseason. He is barely even getting many snaps period let alone snaps at a meaningful time of the game against decent competition.

PromoTheRobot
08-16-2013, 10:16 PM
if duhrick gets cut somebody is going to claim him before he ever gets to the bills practice squad

for that reason i think he probably makes the team, with hogan a good chance to make the ps along with at least one other of the undrafted wrs

Da'Rick would be a Patriot faster than the Turk can say "bring your playbook."

PTR

Night Train
08-16-2013, 10:21 PM
Hogan is a great backup to SJ in the slot and can play wide. He reminds me of Welker in the sense that he runs the slant so well and gets lots of separation. Great hands. Showed me a lot tonight.

Meathead
08-16-2013, 10:23 PM
just saying that that the bills know they can likely safely stash one of the other promising young nobody wrs on the ps but duhricks previously high draft expectations make him a known target around the league. so if the competition is close he stands a better chance of making the early roster bc you know if you try to stach him somebody else will be putting him at the bottom of their roster

i mean he was a projected first rounder for a while. you gotta check those out real close and unless they have some indication hes not really cleaned up his personal issues then they need to try to give him a long look if they can. somebody like hogan and/or kaufman would probably stick on your ps for a while so why not take that as insurance for the inevitable injury hit at the position and retain rogers as the same time

Goobylal
08-16-2013, 10:34 PM
Da'Rick would be a Patriot faster than the Turk can say "bring your playbook."

PTR
Nope. He'd be subject to waivers and it goes worst to first. Someone well before them would claim him.

mayotm
08-17-2013, 08:34 AM

I have heard on numerous occasions by outside media that Rogers looked very impressive ....

You can't see his ability if h doesn't play!!There is a reason "Marrone isn't a huge fan of his". Most of the local reporters that are at practice daily, have reported that he makes way too many mental errors. He may or may not make the team. He may or may not clear waivers if the Bills cut him. That stated, he didn't get drafted by 32 teams for a reason. There are plenty of guys with size, speed and potential that never make it. Rodgers may be another.

Night Train
08-17-2013, 08:41 AM
There is a reason "Marrone isn't a huge fan of his". Most of the local reporters that are at practice daily, have reported that he makes way too many mental errors. He may or may not make the team. He may or may not clear waivers if the Bills cut him. That stated, he didn't get drafted by 32 teams for a reason. There are plenty of guys with size, speed and potential that never make it. Rodgers may be another.

Mental midget.

A few years back, the Bills had a RB in camp named Anthony Gray. Had some good running plays but couldn't remember the playbook at all. Cut.

Telling us the Pats or someone else will scoop him up doesn't impress me at all. Results over potential any day of the week. Keep the best 6 WR's and move on.

Scumbag College
08-17-2013, 08:52 AM
There is a reason "Marrone isn't a huge fan of his". Most of the local reporters that are at practice daily, have reported that he makes way too many mental errors. He may or may not make the team. He may or may not clear waivers if the Bills cut him. That stated, he didn't get drafted by 32 teams for a reason. There are plenty of guys with size, speed and potential that never make it. Rodgers may be another.

I agree. Rogers was passed over numerous times by all 32 teams in the draft...if anyone really wanted him that badly why didn't a team take a flyer on him in the 6th or 7th round?

Realistically, The Bills have all of these WRs competing for one or two spots. Given that Stevie, Graham, Woods, and Goodwin are all probably locks to make the team, that means that guys like Da'Rick, Brad Smith, Easley, Kaufman, Hogan, etc are all fighting it out for the 5th and maybe 6th WR spots. I think it comes down to potential vs. practicability. Potential favors one of the UFDAs, practicability favors guys that can play special teams like Brad Smith.

mayotm
08-17-2013, 09:04 AM
Mental midget.

A few years back, the Bills had a RB in camp named Anthony Gray. Had some good running plays but couldn't remember the playbook at all. Cut.

Telling us the Pats or someone else will scoop him up doesn't impress me at all. Results over potential any day of the week. Keep the best 6 WR's and move on.I agree the fear that the Pats will scoop him up is a bit irrational. I also think it's funny reading posts about how thin the Pats are at receiver and how deep the Bills are. When in fact, the WR position between the Bills and Pats is quite similar. Specifically, both have one proven player and several unproven players with potential. The difference being the Pats have a HOF QB versus a rookie for the Bills. To be clear, I do like what I've seen from the Bills young WR's and Manuel. Many people are just biased when comparing the two situations.

Uncle Jesse
08-17-2013, 09:21 AM
Let Rogers go, I really don't care, he hasn't show much of anything. He's been more than underwhelming. I don't think he's going to make the team, there are better options playing for us right now that actually produce.

Fletch
08-17-2013, 09:22 AM

Easley and Rogers both cut, Hogan makes the team.

better days
08-17-2013, 09:25 AM

You can't see his ability if h doesn't play!!

And that may be the reason he is not playing. Maybe the Bills don't want anything on film for other teams to see in the hope they can sneak him onto the PS.

better days
08-17-2013, 09:26 AM
Easley and Rogers both cut, Hogan makes the team.

If Easley keeps playing like he has I don't know why anyone would want to cut him.

hemi13
08-17-2013, 09:27 AM

I AGREE

mayotm
08-17-2013, 09:32 AM
If Easley keeps playing like he has I don't know why anyone would want to cut him.
He's certainly played his way into the conversation. The coaches are going to have an extremely difficult time choosing the final two WR's.

psubills62
08-17-2013, 10:27 AM
Well said. All those physical tools won't do crap if he has no idea what he's doing in the offense. It's not like Marrone has some sort of vendetta against Rogers.

kishoph
08-17-2013, 02:44 PM

I would predict that Rogers wouldn't last more than a day on the practice squad, there were too many other teams that were interested in signing him as a rookie FA.

tampabay25690
08-17-2013, 03:58 PM
And that may be the reason he is not playing. Maybe the Bills don't want anything on film for other teams to see in the hope they can sneak him onto the PS.

Don't think that at all...
Was listening to NFL Sirius and Pat Ryan said there is no way that Rogers isn't a starter.... Said he was the most impressive WR at camp....
He will be scooped up within minutes if he goes to PS