PDA

View Full Version : Why Not Give Tuel the Start Against the Redskins?

SpikedLemonade
08-17-2013, 04:11 PM
Let's see if he has anything with and against 1st stringers.

Besides putting Kolb in to start the 2nd half should conversely build his confidence.

Kolb was booed in the 2nd quarter at home yesterday.

Starting Kolb can only lead to more crap.

K-Gun
08-17-2013, 04:23 PM
Tuel Time

POTLAND PSILBYLO
08-17-2013, 05:00 PM
Who is a Tuelchester?

BillsImpossible
08-17-2013, 05:49 PM
Let the competition for backup QB begin.

imbondz
08-17-2013, 05:51 PM
I hate fans that boo in pre-season. real encouraging for the players. idiots.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-17-2013, 06:27 PM
even though it's highly unlikely ej wont be ready week 1, I wonder if we keep tuel on the 53 now?

Mr. Pink
08-17-2013, 07:13 PM
Because he's the three.

If he even makes it to the active roster and isn't put on the PS.

Meathead
08-17-2013, 09:24 PM
step back from the heroin needle and lets get back to reality

barring an injury kolb is starting against the cheaters. he needs as much time with the offense as he can get. he will play a half this week and as much as he needs in the finale to get into a rhythm unless he doesnt then he gets the first qtr and maybe some of the second

as great as tuel has looked, hes your long term/emergency qb. his day may come soon but you really dont want that to be now

Scumbag College
08-17-2013, 09:31 PM
I think Tuel is a good long term backup QB project to groom and the Bills might have gotten him for bargain basement prices. But as lousy as Kolb looked last night he still is a decent option for a stop gap QB if EJ isn't ready. I'm not a Kolb fan one bit, but he's the only feasible option right now if EJ isn't physically ready to go against the Patsies in a few weeks.

SpikedLemonade
08-17-2013, 10:07 PM
step back from the heroin needle and lets get back to reality

barring an injury kolb is starting against the cheaters. he needs as much time with the offense as he can get. he will play a half this week and as much as he needs in the finale to get into a rhythm unless he doesnt then he gets the first qtr and maybe some of the second

as great as tuel has looked, hes your long term/emergency qb. his day may come soon but you really dont want that to be now

I so want to push your wheelchair over a cliff ginger.

alohabillsfan
08-18-2013, 06:29 AM
I'm thinking more big picture... Start Kolb. Give EJ the clipboard, suck for the year and draft clowney :)!! Clowney on one side Mario on the other and EJ will be the starter 2014. But we have to pull an Indy and suck for the year or we can continue our 8-8 or worse tradition. Just a thought :)

YardRat
08-18-2013, 06:35 AM
Kolb will get the first half this week, and a couple of series next. Who starts the season under center will depend on EJ's knee and what happens in practice, but Tuel isn't part of that equation. That being said, if Kolb looks decent enough this week that he could start if needed on opening day, I would mind giving the kid the keys for the entire game against Detroit.

Meathead
08-18-2013, 09:48 AM
yeah thats a good point. maybe they give kolb a series in the finale and then let tuel run with the ones for a while before finishing the rest of the game with the scrubs

im trying not to get giddy about tuel. i have literally never seen a deep scrub like him be so impressive over a long period at the qb position. granted hes playing against other scrubs but he looks like a veteran compared to everybody else. its hard not to get overly excited when you see that. it would be great to get him some time with the ones just to see if he can project that same energy against guys not fighting for the bottom of the roster

Meathead
08-18-2013, 10:10 AM
I so want to push your wheelchair over a cliff ginger.

theres a shuttle to the back of the line every fifteen minutes