• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Do NFL Teams Spy On Other Teams?

Does a bear take a dump in the woods?

Just ask Bill Belichick and the Patriots. They would know a thing or two about taking a dump in the woods...

I have never been to a Bills Training Camp practice, but I know that thousands of fans watch them every day at St. John Fisher College.

But are they all really, "fans?"

Anyone ever hear of, "Google Glass?" It's basically a pair eye glasses connected to the internet, capable of filming anything people see.

If NFL teams want to know what other NFL teams are practicing at camp, all they have to do is send a couple of, "fans," into enemy territory and record everything they can. Pretty simple. Teams would never do such a thing, right? Suuuure.

Am I being, "paranoid?" I don't think so, because the NFL is a billion dollar business and everyone from coaches to gambling bookies and Vegas want to know every single piece of information they can get their hands on. Film is everything to coaches, they dissect every minor detail to gain an advantage over their opponents.

Has St. John Fisher been infiltrated with spies? I wouldn't doubt it, not one bit. Is that a fact, probably...but not sure.

The only thing I know to be a fact right now is that Bill Belichick won't get another glimpse of EJ Manuel and the NEW Bills offense for 23 more days, and the Patriots coaching staff will have to prepare for two different kinds of quarterbacks, maybe even 3.
  • IlluminatusUIUC
    • Sep 2012

Re: Do NFL Teams Spy On Other Teams?

Hello, I am loving the Buffalo Bills, ja? Tell me exactly vat you vill run on 3rd and 2, please."

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• BillsImpossible
      • Mar 2013

"Hello, I am loving the Buffalo Bills, ja? Tell me exactly vat you vill run on 3rd and 2, please."

Hypothetical reply -----

"According to the Glass, they're having a lot of success running the sweep toss left, but the right looks week. Manuel has been shown to run the ball and score when no pressure is applied in goal line situations. The left tackle is having difficulty with the speed rushers off the edge, and the, "Glass," has shown us that the left guard has a tendency to elevate his right arm in running situations. The right tackle is never used in 3rd and shorts."

Coaching staffs back in the day used to spy on their opponents with binoculars and a wrist watch. Times have changed.

Many Bills players today are wearing GPS units that monitor all of their activities, which is valuable information. I hope the Bills coaching staff knows how to protect that information from being hacked.

Imagine if the Bills said Stevie Johnson was, "Likely to be out for the first two weeks," but all of his GPS activity showed full throttle results and another team had access to that information?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

It would surprise me more if everyone wasn't spying on other teams more than the other way around.

The Pats aren't like an anomaly, they just got caught.

Comment

• DynaPaul
          • Sep 2003

The Pats had the best system in place. Still do.

Comment

• Gibby
            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
            It would surprise me more if everyone wasn't spying on other teams more than the other way around.

The Pats aren't like an anomaly, they just got caught.
            Reminds me of the Southpark Episode where Cartman encourages his students to cheat on their AP Calculus exam.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by MST3KBillsfan View Post
              Reminds me of the Southpark Episode where Cartman encourages his students to cheat on their AP Calculus exam.
              Cartman is a big mouth fat ass. I see OG on the Fins in his future.

Comment

• K-Gun
                Deal with it
                • Jul 2003

I'd be worried about teams using software to steal player's playbooks off of their ipads. I wonder if Belecheat has a cyber spy division.
                [W]e are busy that we may have leisure, and make war that we may live in peace...

[F]or no one chooses to be at war, or provokes war, for the sake of being at war; any one would seem absolutely murderous if he were to make enemies of his friends in order to bring about battle and slaughter...

- Aristotle

Comment

• BillsFever21
                  • Aug 2004

I'm sure teams send scouts/spies to various training camps around the NFL. I'm sure the Bills also send people around to other training camps. It's not illegal to attend the training camp or they wouldn't make them open to the public.

Comment

• BLeonard
                    BoB Sabermetrician
                    • Jan 2003

Pretty sure they have practices that are closed to the public... That's likely where the real gameplans, secret plays, etc are executed.

I'm about 99% sure that what is done on practice fields that are open to the public are little more than vanilla drills and plays.

-Bill

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                      The Voice of Reason
                      • Jul 2007

No. They don't spy on other teams. They all live by a moral code not to gameplan. Hell, they don't even watch their opponents game tape from the week before. It would just be immoral. Shame on you for thinking they would do so.
                      Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• jamze132
                        Don’t hate…
                        • Jun 2003

Or you could just watch game film from the previous game if you want to know what plays they run...

Comment

• feldspar
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by ServoBillieves View Post
                          No. They don't spy on other teams. They all live by a moral code not to gameplan. Hell, they don't even watch their opponents game tape from the week before. It would just be immoral. Shame on you for thinking they would do so.
                          But I wouldn't classify that as "spying." It's called doing your homework...knowing your opponent. We're talking about things that are perfectly within the rules.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                            Pinkerton's son
                            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                            Does a bear take a dump in the woods?

Just ask Bill Belichick and the Patriots. They would know a thing or two about taking a dump in the woods...

I have never been to a Bills Training Camp practice, but I know that thousands of fans watch them every day at St. John Fisher College.

But are they all really, "fans?"

Anyone ever hear of, "Google Glass?" It's basically a pair eye glasses connected to the internet, capable of filming anything people see.

If NFL teams want to know what other NFL teams are practicing at camp, all they have to do is send a couple of, "fans," into enemy territory and record everything they can. Pretty simple. Teams would never do such a thing, right? Suuuure.

Am I being, "paranoid?" I don't think so, because the NFL is a billion dollar business and everyone from coaches to gambling bookies and Vegas want to know every single piece of information they can get their hands on. Film is everything to coaches, they dissect every minor detail to gain an advantage over their opponents.

Has St. John Fisher been infiltrated with spies? I wouldn't doubt it, not one bit. Is that a fact, probably...but not sure.

The only thing I know to be a fact right now is that Bill Belichick won't get another glimpse of EJ Manuel and the NEW Bills offense for 23 more days, and the Patriots coaching staff will have to prepare for two different kinds of quarterbacks, maybe even 3.

Bored much?

Comment

Working...
                            X