PDA

View Full Version : Time to give Kolb a clipboard and baseball cap

bdutton
08-18-2013, 10:20 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130816/SPORTS/130819192/1004

Doug Marrone made a noble gesture Friday night when he inserted Kevin Kolb with the starting offense for the Bills’ second preseason game. The decision was made in the interest of fairness. Rookie EJ Manuel looked good last week with the starters, but it was only right to grant Kolb the same opportunity.OK, now that they’re even, can we end this charade the Bills call a quarterback competition and get on with the season?
If anything became evident Friday against the Vikings, it was that Manuel deserves to be the Bills’ starting quarterback and Kolb is nothing more than a backup. The veteran might as well grab his cap, headset and clipboard and assume his position on the sideline for the foreseeable future.
It wasn’t so much that Manuel dominated Friday, although he played well again against the Vikings. Kolb had his chance and threw it away (http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2013/08/kevin-kolbs-performance-should-make-bills-qb-decision-easier.html?ref=bmh).

I am re-watching the game right now. Kolb looks awful. Constantly throwing it behind his receivers. Tentative and late with throws.

The only fortunate thing about Kolb's play is that the play of the Vikings offense was equally inept.

EJ Manuel will be the starter week 1 regardless of his inability to play in any more pre-season games.

OpIv37
08-18-2013, 12:27 PM
I'm watching the game now too and Fitz, er Kolb was terrible. Missed passes all over the place.

I just don't see how Marrone can start EJ if he can't play any more preseason. I guess it depends how much he can practice.

Skooby
08-18-2013, 01:22 PM
Kolb looks like he hasn't played a game since we knocked him out in AZ.

stuckincincy
08-18-2013, 03:46 PM
I watched. I'll post full comments tomorrow.

I think Kolb did ok with this idiotic preseason, high school no-huddle nonsense. And the equally idiotic, obvious, non-stop blitzes says I give the coaching an F. :pissed:

MidnightVoice
08-18-2013, 03:55 PM

I think Kolb did ok with this idiotic preseason, high school no-huddle nonsense. And the equally idiotic, obvious, non-stop blitzes says I give the coaching an F :pissed:

Interesting take. Not sure I agree

Night Train
08-18-2013, 04:03 PM

I think Kolb did ok with this idiotic preseason, high school no-huddle nonsense. And the equally idiotic, obvious, non-stop blitzes says I give the coaching an F. :pissed:

Oh brother.

This " nonsense " seems to show lots of promise with a coach who seems organized. I can't even imagine your thought process with the above comment, after 13 years of false hope.

mayotm
08-18-2013, 04:15 PM

I think Kolb did ok with this idiotic preseason, high school no-huddle nonsense. And the equally idiotic, obvious, non-stop blitzes says I give the coaching an F. :pissed:Gosh,we have to wait until tomorrow for your super awesome take? I won't be able to sleep tonight.

coastal
08-18-2013, 04:49 PM
It's time to give Tuel the start for next game.

Kolb did nothing to earn it.

tuel has 130+ passer rating. Lets see if he can do it with the starters.

Meathead
08-18-2013, 04:52 PM
ok, do NOT tell anyone i told you this

i have a connection on the inside of the nfl and theres this big secret they are trying to keep under wraps. so far they have been able to, but my connection says the news is about to blow up like amanda bynes ass when she discovers its possible to be addicted to food

now i cant officially confirm this but it does certainly seem like something the nfl wouldnt want to get out there. i mean i kinda feel like i knew all along, and yet it still feels like theres a part of my innocence gone forever

ok are you ready? we are going to have to use the cone of silence on this one. huddle in and listen closely ...

http://www.alsforums.com/forum/attachments/people-als-pals/1649d1311609924-cone-silence-cone-silence.jpg

PRESEASON IS MEANINGLESS