Kevin Kolb - 76
EJ Manuel - 74
Robert Woods - 70

Pinkerton Security
08-19-2013, 10:25 AM
Woohoo Goodwin is 98 speed!!

NOT THE DUDE...
08-19-2013, 10:34 AM
if you put cj, graham, Goodwin all on the field, the o on madden should be ridiculous....

Beebe's Kid
08-19-2013, 10:42 AM
Maybe I am just being a home, but their ratings seem to be a little low...I know that this team isn't light's out, but it would seem that they are a little better than that.

I guess a lot of the players are still not listed, so that may make up for the precipitous drop after Spiller and Mario. The poster that is constantly up Mario's ass isn't going to like his rating...

NOT THE DUDE...
08-19-2013, 10:43 AM
spiller should be 95-96

PromoTheRobot
08-19-2013, 10:45 AM
Yeah. Manuel is worse than Kolb. :lolhit: I haven't played video games in years but am I correct to assume that these ratings get adjusted via downloads during the season?

PTR

IlluminatusUIUC
08-19-2013, 10:55 AM
Maybe I am just being a home, but their ratings seem to be a little low...I know that this team isn't light's out, but it would seem that they are a little better than that.

I guess a lot of the players are still not listed, so that may make up for the precipitous drop after Spiller and Mario. The poster that is constantly up Mario's ass isn't going to like his rating...

I think those are about right, tbh. Spiller has a 99 in "elusiveness" and Steve Johnson has a 95 in "route running" so they will be very viable players. The only one that really surprised me was Cordy Glenn being rated as the 4th best olineman. But Madden's ol ratings have always been weird.

Yeah. Manuel is worse than Kolb. :lolhit: I haven't played video games in years but am I correct to assume that these ratings get adjusted via downloads during the season?

PTR

They do get updated as the season goes on.

And Manuel is worse than Kolb because he has a low "Awareness" rating, as most rookies do. Awareness doesn't do anything if you are controlling the player, so if you're the Bills then Manuel is the better option.

The King
08-19-2013, 11:05 AM
I'd be willing to bet Manuel is in the first roster update.

Oaf
08-19-2013, 03:33 PM
Where's Byrd and why is Woods so low?

IlluminatusUIUC
08-19-2013, 04:50 PM
Where's Byrd

They haven't released all the defense ratings. Only Mario and Jarron Gilbert are listed for some reason.

Skooby
08-19-2013, 04:57 PM
Woohoo Goodwin is 98 speed!!

What's makes a 100, U. Bolt ??

SquishDaFish
08-19-2013, 05:37 PM
First update will fix EJ

DynaPaul
08-19-2013, 06:26 PM
What did Jason Peters get? He'll need that rating to base his next contract on.

TacklingDummy
08-20-2013, 07:11 AM
What did Jason Peters get? He'll need that rating to base his next contract on.

DraftBoy
08-20-2013, 07:15 AM
Why would they fix EJ? 74 sounds about perfect for a mid-round 1st Rounder.

Pinkerton Security
08-20-2013, 07:25 AM

Yea, with the new ratings system in place, 74 is pretty decent for Manuel, especially given the raucous that happened when we took him in the 1st. And 83 speed for Manuel is pretty legit as well.

CoolBreeze
08-21-2013, 01:16 AM

This is very true, however what I'm really curious to see is how EJ matches up with Geno on the game if Geno is at least a 72-73 that will upset me him being 2nd rounder. Though as said updates come and go

The King
08-21-2013, 07:45 AM
I checked Geno he was a 72.

Iehoshua
08-21-2013, 09:46 PM
Is it even worth getting Madden for current gen systems or best to wait for the next-gen incarnations?

The King
08-22-2013, 07:33 AM
I put more hours into Madden per season than any of my other games combined. I have no interest in pick up a next gen until next year so I think so. It also takes a year or two to get up to speed on the new console development.

I remember I had the regular Xbox Madden and the 360 version (when that came out) the Xbox one was far more robust.

lightningbolt444
08-22-2013, 08:14 AM
I put more hours into Madden per season than any of my other games combined. I have no interest in pick up a next gen until next year so I think so. It also takes a year or two to get up to speed on the new console development.

I remember I had the regular Xbox Madden and the 360 version (when that came out) the Xbox one was far more robust.

From people who have hands on this year it seems to be the opposite for this release.

The King
08-22-2013, 08:16 AM
Always have to remember it's EA they'll do the least amount of work possible.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-22-2013, 10:33 AM
Is it even worth getting Madden for current gen systems or best to wait for the next-gen incarnations?

They have barely released a word about next gen madden yet, so it's hard to tell. FWIW, Gamestop will take $50 trade in on current get maddens towards next gen maddens - and there is a file transfer that will elt you keep you seasons/ultimate teams going.

- - - Updated - - -

They have barely released a word about next gen madden yet, so it's hard to tell. FWIW, Gamestop will take $50 trade in on current get maddens towards next gen maddens - and there is a file transfer that will elt you keep you seasons/ultimate teams going.

lightningbolt444
08-22-2013, 11:07 AM

- - - Updated - - -

They have a good amount of hands on all over the web

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/14/4430490/madden-nfl-25-ps4-xbox-one-hands-on-e3-2013

IlluminatusUIUC
08-22-2013, 11:22 AM
They have a good amount of hands on all over the web

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/14/4430490/madden-nfl-25-ps4-xbox-one-hands-on-e3-2013

Yeah, those "hands-on" previews are directed by the studios. It's basically a scripted press event. That's not what I'm interested in, tbh. I want to know if weight and mass actually have an effect on gameplay now. If you look at some of the gameplay videos from 25 current gen, you can see a linebacker running at the QB get trucked by the quarterback who is standing still. One guy did a video a while back where he showed how the PC had so many injuries that a kicker was starting at right tackle and blocking Terrell Suggs. I want to see someone who really plays Madden competitively dig into the next gen game and see how it plays.

The King
08-22-2013, 11:36 AM
Yeah, those "hands-on" previews are directed by the studios. It's basically a scripted press event. That's not what I'm interested in, tbh. I want to know if weight and mass actually have an effect on gameplay now. If you look at some of the gameplay videos from 25 current gen, you can see a linebacker running at the QB get trucked by the quarterback who is standing still. One guy did a video a while back where he showed how the PC had so many injuries that a kicker was starting at right tackle and blocking Terrell Suggs. I want to see someone who really plays Madden competitively dig into the next gen game and see how it plays.

And don't believe those fully detailed faces in the screen shots either. I can almost guarantee those aren't in the live gameplay.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-22-2013, 11:41 AM
And don't believe those fully detailed faces in the screen shots either. I can almost guarantee those aren't in the live gameplay.

Probably not, but you'd never be close enough during a play to tell.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-23-2013, 07:14 PM
The Bills are very playable in Madden 25, I can confirm.

The King
08-23-2013, 07:28 PM
I'll be playing in about an hour.

The King
08-28-2013, 08:35 PM
Ej is up to a 75 with the latest update.
Byrd is a 95
Kyle Williams is 91
Mario Williams 89

gr8slayer
08-28-2013, 08:44 PM
I'm having a good time playing as the Bills this year, E.J. makes a ton of difference, especially on the play-action passes.