PDA

View Full Version : Sporting News Magazine: Breakout WR's

Demon
07-12-2003, 04:25 PM
This is from this weeks magazine (on page 40) in Dan Pompei's column. I respect Pompei alot, he's one of the best writers at Sporting News so it's cool. This week, he did the "All offensive Breakout team". Next week's issue he will do the "All defensive breakout team". Anyways, here's the article, if you get the magazine though you will get Josh Reed's picture lol.

Receivers

Since there is a glut of promising young receivers, we're going with four wideouts and no tight end or fullback.

The most obvious pick is Josh Reed of the Bills. "If I were a fantasy football guy, I'd take him," Bills assistant general manager Tom Modrak says. With Peerless Price in Atlanta, Reed figures to catch a lot of Drew Bledsoe passes this season. Last year, four Bills players had more receptions than Reed, but none of them had a better average per catch than his 13.8 yards.

Pompei's Sporting News Article (http://www.sportingnews.com/voices/dan_pompei/index.html)

I guess he feels Josh Reed will be this years best breakout WR. The quote by Tom Modrak made me laugh i gotta admit.