PDA

View Full Version : One Fan's View - Pre-season Prediction

trapezeus
08-21-2013, 10:24 PM
http://www.billszone.com/?p=1178

In case any of you wanted to read my preseason predictions.

Night Train
08-22-2013, 09:12 AM
Pete Prisco and the resident Zoloft society disagree. :rain:

justasportsfan
08-22-2013, 09:49 AM
11-5? What a debbie downer.

- - - Updated - - -

Pete Prisco and the resident Zoloft society disagree. :rain:

actually, trap was VP a couple of months ago . I guess he was laid off.

jdaltroy5
08-22-2013, 10:20 AM
That was good.

I love satirical pieces.

mightysimi
08-22-2013, 10:40 AM
That is pretty optimistic

trapezeus
08-22-2013, 04:26 PM
i think at the end of the day, they actually look like an NFL team. that's the big difference.

Where in years past we had to watch two very poorly played preseason games and the optimists are saying "oh, we didn't game plan, etc". there are no excuses. Every position can get better, but they look pretty good thus far.

We have no idea how they look as a coaching staff in the moment of tough decisions. But really bad coaches got this team to 7-9 regularly. so perhaps a capable unit can put 3-5 more wins up. Who knows. It will come down to health and progress. If everyone stays healthy in the key spots where we really are short, and guys don't plateau after a few weeks, the bills are in a division that is asking to be taken.

I also would be more careful in my predictions if we were playing weak teams, etc. But we are playing the team that has haunted us for 12 of the last 13 years. We've won once. If the Bills pound the patriots, you get the sense that the players won't even remember the 2012 season. and with the way they are running plays, it's going to be hard to stop them with a mobile qb, a couple nice run threats, and some WRs who can catch the ball.

If you try to put DB's out there to stop the pass, the bills can run. and if you load up on big guys to stop spiller, you churn a 4-5 receiver set with substitutions nearly impossible.

I'm still scared about LB, DB's, and the OL in certain spots. But you can definitely see that the attitude from the players are changing.