• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JoeMama
    Emotion Sickness
    • Oct 2002

Kevin Kolb

Is anyone else as unenthused as I am about Saturday's game?

Guys like EJ Manuel and Jeff Tuel at least offer upside.

Kevin Kolb on the other hand is so jittery and unsure of himself in the pocket as to be a liability.

I don't want to see him for 2 & 1/2 quarters. We know he's a bad QB so there's nothing to be excited about with him as the starter.
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: Kevin Kolb

Kolb's a game manager, that's about it.

Comment

• BillsFever21
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
      Is anyone else as unenthused as I am about Saturday's game?

Guys like EJ Manuel and Jeff Tuel at least offer upside.

Kevin Kolb on the other hand is so jittery and unsure of himself in the pocket as to be a liability.

I don't want to see him for 2 & 1/2 quarters. We know he's a bad QB so there's nothing to be excited about with him as the starter.
      After a couple preseason games I'm tired of them to begin with. Now that Manuel is out and Kolb is playing it makes them even less important to get excited about. At least if Manuel was playing then you could look forward to watching how his development was coming along from the prior week.

It just flat out sucks that he got injured last week. The 3rd preseason game is also the most important one where the starters play longer and the other teams actually try some. It would've been nice to see Manuel start and go against a starting defense for 2+ quarters.

The way the first couple preseason games have been we've played most of our starters for the first half while the other team had most of their backups in by the 2nd quarter. It would've been a nice test for Manuel to go up against starting competition for a longer period of time. Especially since the second preseason game he played in was already against the backups and some 3rd stringers.

I just hope this minor injury doesn't derail his chances of starting week one or even early in the season. Them are 2-3 important weeks of training camp and preseason games when it comes to getting a rookie QB up to speed for the regular season. The last thing I want to see at this point is Kolb starting week one let alone for any significant period of time. I doubt we would need to worry about that since he would probably be injured within a month of starting anyway.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
        Legendary Zoner
        • May 2009

I'm excited to watch any Bills football. I wouldn't consider anyone a fan if they weren't.

Comment

• BillsFever21
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
          I'm excited to watch any Bills football. I wouldn't consider anyone a fan if they weren't.
          You can still look forward to watching a game without getting off on it. When preseason is approaching then anybody is excited but after a couple preseason games you're ready for the real games to start. Maybe you're the type that's excited just to cop a feel without ever experiencing the real thing.

Comment

• Meathead
            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
            • Jul 2002

the bar is fairly low for kolb. all they really want him to do is execute the offense at a painfully average nfl starter level. he doesnt have to wow anybody, just get the ball out into the right guys hands, and make relatively few big mistakes. for a seven year vet that should be somewhat routine

but yeah im still not confident he can do it. he should be able to but he hasnt so far, at least on any consistent basis

fortunately i know full well how meaningless preseason is. id rather kolb show something now in case he starts against the cheats, but we all know how he does in these next two preseason games actually has nothing to do with how he might do against the filthy lying cheaters

so just roll with it. looks like marrone wants to make us all wait for kickoff to find out which qb actually starts. so what will be will be. it is as it is. let it flow through you. ohmmmm
            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

Lol upside.

Comment

• Oaf
                Do you read what you write?
                • Jun 2007

We have other rookies ya know. Focus on the other players (Kiko, Butler, A Williams, Hogan, Easley, Gragg)

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I'd rather have Fitz than Kolb.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                    I'd rather have Fitz than Kolb.
                    Come on for real!
                    GO Gators!!!!!!
                    GO GATORS!!

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

It's preseason, there really is nothing to get excited about except watching how the players perform in the new systems. I don't mind seeing Kolb for a couple of quarters. However, I would like to see Tuel get a shot at playing the entire game next week.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• JoeMama
                        Emotion Sickness
                        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                        Originally posted by Oaf View Post
                        We have other rookies ya know. Focus on the other players (Kiko, Butler, A Williams, Hogan, Easley, Gragg)
                        OK, Mr. and Mrs. High & Mighty.

I haven't failed to catch a preseason game in 10+ years. I don't need to be lectured about fandom.
                        Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• DunkCityFan
                          • Aug 2013

It's an excuse to break out the Bills jersey and start drinking in the afternoon (while not having to work tomorrow)! Come on, even Kolb shouldn't put a downer on that!

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

I am excited to see the defense in action again myself.

Comment

• Novacane
                              • Jul 2002

I hear ya. I'd be more excited if EJ was playing but I'm still looking forward to this afternoon. I've been on the road for the first two games so I'm ready for a Bills game! Hopefully Kolb surprises us and looks decent. We may need him at some point this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X