The Only Person Who Cares About the Annual Preseason Game Against the Lions is Ralph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Haile SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

The Only Person Who Cares About the Annual Preseason Game Against the Lions is Ralph

Never understood why we play the Lions most preseasons than not.

The 4th preseason game means nothing.

Why do I suspect that it means something to Ralph?
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: The Only Person Who Cares About the Annual Preseason Game Against the Lions is Ra

It means something to the guys on the bubble for making the team. Other than that you're right it means nothing. I never bother watching the final PS game but if they sign Leinart I may watch this one. Just for the comedy!

Comment

• soapman
      • Jan 2008

Re: The Only Person Who Cares About the Annual Preseason Game Against the Lions is Ra

Ralph doesn't know what year it is let alone what week of the preseason it is.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
        • Jun 2024

Originally posted by soapman View Post
        Ralph doesn't know what year it is let alone what week of the preseason it is.
        He knows he lives in Detroit rather than Buffalo and that he would have rather had the Miami AFL franchise than the Buffalo one.

Comment

• BLeonard
          BoB Sabermetrician
          • Jan 2003

A minority owner of the Detroit Lions, Wilson got wind of Lamar Hunt's plans for a new league, the American Football League, to challenge the NFL. He tried to put together a team in Miami, but was turned down. His next choice was Buffalo. In September 1959, Wilson sent Hunt a telegram with the words, "Count me in with Buffalo." He named his new team the Bills, after a previous team that had played in the All-America Football Conference from 1946 to 1949. On October 28, 1959 the Buffalo Bills officially became the seventh AFL team.
          The bolded could be your answer... He used to be a minority owner for the Lions.

It actually makes sense to have the last preseason game against them, though... Buffalo and Detroit aren't too far apart geographically, so why not have the last preseason game close to home...?

My guess is, most years, teams try to schedule preseason games as close to home as possible, which is why the Bills see Washington, Minnesota and Indianapolis regularly, unless they're scheduled to meet during the regular season. Indy being a former division rival probably helps in that aspect, too.

-Bill

Comment

• Mace
            Haha...yeah you think so ?
            • Mar 2013

It means something to me too, I want to be festive.

Comment

• Mouldsie
              • Aug 2012

Why do you seem to care?

Comment

• clumping platelets

I have 2 tickets available

Comment

• Mace
                  Haha...yeah you think so ?
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by clumping platelets View Post
                  I have 2 tickets available
                  They may well be available until the end of days. I'll take them if you pay me 5 dollars each. I'll give you my parking stub signed by the Bill of your choice for 5 dollars more. Doesn't have to be a current Bill or even one who is alive. Doesn't have to be a Bill at all, can be any NFL player who's name I can spell, or think I can spell except Ray Nitche, Nitzkee, Nitchzke, hm, he's 5 dollars more because I need look it up on my ipod.

Comment

Working...
                  X